PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68

Cherub721
09-06-2012, 08:03 PM
How do we know Marina found the SD music?

I guess we don't. I suppose it would be correct to say that Marina does not object to utilizing rare pieces in some instances, yet at other times will go with total warhorses such as Phantom, Carmen, etc.

Rafter
09-06-2012, 08:04 PM
^^ that is so cool!

Sylvia
09-06-2012, 08:04 PM
@skatingpj just tweeted:
"1 more cool fact: w/out knowing it legendary coaches MJ Stong and E Tchaikovskaia gave same Hopkins Waltz idea to M Zueva for V/M"

jobelle
09-06-2012, 08:05 PM
who is MJ Stong?

sap5
09-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Very cool that both MJ Stong and E Tchaikovskaia wanted to see V/M dance to this music!

Sylvia
09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
who is MJ Stong?
http://www.etobicokesports.ca/1998/stong_marijane_louis.htm

jobelle
09-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks Sylvia

pani
09-06-2012, 08:12 PM
You know, now i feel, like this could be great waltz FD :)

sap5
09-06-2012, 08:14 PM
who is MJ Stong?

She was the coach of Wilson/McCall when they won the bronze in 1988.

chantilly
09-06-2012, 08:21 PM
So now I remember N and K Carmen. Just watched it again. It was pretty terrible IMO. It is amazing to me the higher level of skating now six years later as that program won the gold medal. There was miles of distance between them in the footwork. There lifts were blah, twizzles weak, and they were pretty slow.But wasn't that the OLY's where there were a bunch of mistakes in the OD. And the standings were affected because of it.

Anyway. Start the season. I'm dying.

Theatregirl1122
09-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Going back to the SD music, I can't find an mp3 version for purchase in the US, so I'm going to have to order the CD. Anyway, the piece was just released last year, so it's pretty likely that no one else has ever skated to it before.

I guess that's the theme for the year: something never skated to before, something skated to more than anything else...

Or just rip it from youtube. :shuffle: But you'd only do that if you didn't care too much about music quality and you were the sort of person who'd do that kind thing (which I am).

I'm honestly shocked at the SD music choice. I hope Tessa and Scott do an interview about how they selected it at some point. Maybe I'm not giving Marina enough credit but I sort of feel like either Tessa or Scott has to have found this piece. I don't feel like it is something that came off one of the CDs Marina already owns. Either way, I'm totally excited about it. We'll see how the YP fits with it but I'm totally excited for this music for them. I haven't enjoyed their recent programs as much as I enjoyed their early senior programs but this music definitely makes me feel like this could be my favorite program of theirs since umbrellas. Hopefully Marina will give them great choreography to go with it.

I'm not at all happy about Carmen. The fact that it is overused is irritating and it's not my favorite piece of overused music at that or my favorite piece for them (if they were using Prokofiev's R&J, I wouldn't care how many people said it was overused). But I hate the music from funny face so much that I had no hope of ever liking that dance. So Carmen is still an improvement. :lol:

ETA: woops. Didn't see the other posts on the topic. Definitely still curious to hear the whole story.

aka_gerbil
09-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Or just rip it from youtube. :shuffle: But you'd only do that if you didn't care too much about music quality and you were the sort of person who'd do that kind thing (which I am).

I'm one of the picky people. ;)

I'm honestly shocked at the SD music choice. I hope Tessa and Scott do an interview about how they selected it at some point. Maybe I'm not giving Marina enough credit but I sort of feel like either Tessa or Scott has to have found this piece. I don't feel like it is something that came off one of the CDs Marina already owns. Either way, I'm totally excited about it. We'll see how the YP fits with it but I'm totally excited for this music for them. I haven't enjoyed their recent programs as much as I enjoyed their early senior programs but this music definitely makes me feel like this could be my favorite program of theirs since umbrellas. Hopefully Marina will give them great choreography to go with it.

Given that it just came out last year, I'd definitely think it was something that she didn't have already.

From PJ Kwong's tweet, it seems like the piece was suggested by both Marijane Stong and Tchaikovskaia....

I'm not at all happy about Carmen. The fact that it is overused is irritating and it's not my favorite piece of overused music at that or my favorite piece for them (if they were using Prokofiev's R&J, I wouldn't care how many people said it was overused). But I hate the music from funny face so much that I had no hope of ever liking that dance. So Carmen is still an improvement. :lol:

I loved Funny Face, but I'm with you on if it had to be a warhorse, why not one that wasn't Carmen. It's not my favorite piece of music by a long shot, so that may be adding to it for me.

chantilly
09-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Funny.
I don't think I could stand a R and J. If it was between the two, I'd definitely pick Carmen. I hope they don't use the piece of music though that was the Bad News Bears music.

pani
09-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Cant wait to see - could V-M show something dark and dramatic.

Theatregirl1122
09-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Funny.
I don't think I could stand a R and J. If it was between the two, I'd definitely pick Carmen. I hope they don't use the piece of music though that was the Bad News Bears music.

Thus why different people have different favorites. :lol: I also know that plenty of people love Funny Face. I don't really believe in luck associated with music choices, though.

I don't expect them to do an R&J FD or even think that they should. I was just giving an example of a piece of music where I wouldn't mind if it were overused because I love it so much and would love it for them. Where as with Carmen, since I don't love it and don't love it for them, I do mind that it is overused.