PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Proustable
09-02-2012, 07:27 PM
re: CapLan and Carmen

The D/W vs DomShabs comparison is an astute one. On top of that, this also has the added drama of being a competition between Zoueva and Shpilband. On the other hand, V/M - with five world medals (two titles) and Olympic gold - have firmly established themselves as the top skaters (along with D/W). DomShabs weren't at that level yet. Indeed, it might be fair to argue that CapLan are closer to where DomShabs were that season - fighting for top in Europe. To have a hope of a medal in Sochi, Anna and Luca need to be seen as the top in Europe by the end of this season, either with the European title or being the top European team at Worlds. I think it's a reasonable goal.

I do think that Carmen is superficially a better choice for the Italian duo, though. They've got rampant sex appeal. She can do diva (see their Requiem for a Dream FD, one of the best that season). They have presence (I don't think they skate small at all).

martyross
09-02-2012, 07:56 PM
mmh, i think they're not ready for the Euro title yet. there are the French and the Russians who will likely get the podium again.
Remember when Faiella/Scali were denied of the gold in 2010 despite three great segments. and they were much more experienced then C/L, but nothing could have beaten Dom/Shab...politically. actually, as a follower of Euro championships, it has become clear soon that they serve as a booster for Russian skaters before Worlds, in all disciplines.

Proustable
09-02-2012, 08:07 PM
mmh, i think they're not ready for the Euro title yet. there are the French and the Russians who will likely get the podium again.
Remember when Faiella/Scali were denied of the gold in 2010 despite three great segments. and they were much more experienced then C/L, but nothing could have beaten Dom/Shab...politically. actually, as a follower of Euro championships, it has become clear soon that they serve as a booster for Russian skaters before Worlds, in all disciplines.

Supposition one: that Shpilband improves C/L's skating skills (particularly hers).

Supposition two: that what Zhulin needs to do to B/S takes longer than the time to Euros.

Supposition three: that the stricter SD calling (and calling in general) demolishes I/K, who tend to be sloppy in that regard

Supposition four: I prefer C/L to P/B and want them to emerge as the top European team.

pani
09-02-2012, 08:51 PM
I think gfor take medals at ECh Anna need improve her skating in 10 times, especially if I-K, who really "skating big" improved and will have godd programs. So will see, how Igor will help her.

martyross
09-02-2012, 09:07 PM
well having Spilband could make up for their 'political' weakness. :) yea maybe i talk too much about politics but seeing the scandal of 2010 really opened my eyes. not that the current Russian teams are bad! but they definitely have a big federation behind them and it counts a lot in Euro field.
btw I love Bobrova and Soloviev and i hope it will be them to win this year :b :b

Marta24
09-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Cappellini & Lanotte are a cute team, but I don't think that one season is enough to catch P&B in regards to their skating skills.But it is going to be interesting which FD the judges will prefer:Carmen or Rolling Stones.

pani
09-02-2012, 09:20 PM
When all 3 teams D-W, C-L and V-M competed at 2006 JWCh my thought was - o, this three team will be on podium at senior WCh soon. D-W and V-M improved a lot. C-L had some problems and didnt improve so much, like this two teams.
So for me its very interesting to see, how Igor could help them. I dont think its enough to have good program, you need to show skating skills at russian teams level.
B-S and I-K have good basica and i think B-S will improve there posture under Zhulin and it will be hard for italians to catch them. But will see.

Simone411
09-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Sorry, I'm getting confused with all the initials. Who is JWCh, WCh, C-L, B-S, and I-K?

pani
09-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Sorry, I'm getting confused with all the initials. Who is JWCh, WCh, C-L, B-S, and I-K?

Junior World Championship
World Championship
Capelini-Lanotte
Bobrova-Soloviev
Ilinich-Katsalapov

Simone411
09-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much. That helped a lot. I agree with you about Bobrova/Soloviev, and Ilinich/Katsalapov. They do have very good basic skills. They're both very talented and artistic couples. :)

pani
09-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Thank you so much. That helped a lot. I agree with you about Bobrova/Soloviev, and Ilinich/Katsalapov. They do have very good basic skills. They're both very talented and artistic couples. :)

Maybe italians now better in artistics, but didnt have such good basics. Thats made more interesting to see, what will happened in this season - maybe russian will improve artisics side of there skating and will have good choreo, when italians will improve there basics.
It will be hard season for P-B i think.

clarie
09-02-2012, 10:07 PM
It has just occurred to me that Worlds 2013 will be the first pre-olympic worlds I will have attended....I went in 2001 and '05 when they were held in Vancouver and Calgary respectively. I am thinking that this will be a much more intense competition with many teams retiring as of next year. Does anyone have any experience with a pre-olympic worlds comp.? Is there much difference in atmosphere? I'm curious :)

pani
09-02-2012, 10:09 PM
It has just occurred to me that Worlds 2013 will be the first pre-olympic worlds I will have attended....I went in 2001 and '05 when they were held in Vancouver and Calgary respectively. I am thinking that this will be a much more intense competition with many teams retiring as of next year. Does anyone have any experience with a pre-olympic worlds comp.? Is there much difference in atmosphere? I'm curious :)

I think in Calgary 2006 post-OG was held ;)
Dont know about atmosphere, but i know often skaters, who won WCh before OG, didnt get medals at OG or didnt win.
But for many skaters this will be last WCh - for T-S, D-W....

clarie
09-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Yes, my mistake '06. So I haven't seen Tessa and Scott at Worlds and am really looking forward to it. It will likely be my last chance to get to see them at all.......I won't be going to Sochi. I wonder how many skaters/teams won't be around after.

Shayii
09-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Yes, my mistake '06. So I haven't seen Tessa and Scott at Worlds and am really looking forward to it. It will likely be my last chance to get to see them at all.......I won't be going to Sochi. I wonder how many skaters/teams won't be around after.

I can't even think about them retiring, it's making me sad. I'm also sad that I wouldn't get to see them live (not counting ATS LA since that was a show).