PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

lauravvv
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
In a head to head of Carmen Scott has the advantage but I think Tessa is going to have to work really hard to top Anna. Imagining Anna in the role of Carmen I see images of Katarina Witt.I am not so sure. From programs that C/L have done so far Anna seems gentler, softer to me than Carmen should be. But that doesn't mean that she couldn't be different, of course. As for Tessa, she would seem a bit too reserved for Carmen, but I can see her as a playful, teasing type of Carmen. Or a cool and proud Carmen - a bit like she was in 'Farrucas'.

IoanaC
09-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Expression is not solely facial expression; it's about movement of the entire body. We all know how great Tessa was in Farracus; I think she'll have it hands down over Anna when it comes to expression, IMO. One of my criticisms of C/L has been that, to me, they skate small, if that makes any sense. Tessa and Scott, on the other hand, have skated big since they were tiny little children, and I think that'll be another advantage in their favor.

I totally agree with you. That's why nothing compares to watching skating live, in the rink. You can really see how much ice surface each team covers and how ample the movement is. Along with Tessa and Scott, another team that really skates "big" is Ilinykh/Katsalapov.

pingu
09-01-2012, 06:55 PM
I am not so sure. From programs that C/L have done so far Anna seems gentler, softer to me than Carmen should be. But that doesn't mean that she couldn't be different, of course. As for Tessa, she would seem a bit too reserved for Carmen, but I can see her as a playful, teasing type of Carmen. Or a cool and proud Carmen - a bit like she was in 'Farrucas'.

I'm not sure about that, in last year's SD Anna was really into the Latin character. I think that Anna and Tessa would show two totally different Carmens on the ice, as they have a different way to interpret programs.
I was wondering if Cappellini/Lanotte will show their FD at Opera On Ice; Carmen is an Opera, after all.

pani
09-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I was wondering if Cappellini/Lanotte will show their FD at Opera On Ice; Carmen is an Opera, after all.

This will be cool. Love Opera On Ice :)

Shayii
09-01-2012, 06:59 PM
It was joke, Shayii, sorry :)
I dont think any team will change FD only because other have the same music.
This could happened only during season, if one team will not have results, wich they want.
But Marina didnt chaged PF, when D-Sh had the same with V-M music and like we saw she made right dessigion, because this was really great FD :) And i think both teams had great PF FDs in that season.
And i agree with you about pushing Marina to made something memorable, because i feel like she lost a little motivation after OG.

No its all good, my mistake :). Waiting this last month to see the programs is gonna be crazy!

pani
09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
No its all good, my mistake :). Waiting this last month to see the programs is gonna be crazy!

:argue: And could you imaging what will beging after both teams will show Carmen? Some people will love one version, some will love other :D

Macassar88
09-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Clearly, I'm not big on the idea of V/M skating to Carmen. That said, I don't think Tessa is going to have any problems at all when it comes to expression in Battle of The Carmens: 2012-2013.

Expression is not solely facial expression; it's about movement of the entire body. We all know how great Tessa was in Farracus; I think she'll have it hands down over Anna when it comes to expression, IMO. One of my criticisms of C/L has been that, to me, they skate small, if that makes any sense. Tessa and Scott, on the other hand, have skated big since they were tiny little children, and I think that'll be another advantage in their favor.

ETA: In 2008-2009, neither V/M nor D/S changed from Pink Floyd. D/W's music change(s) have not come from other teams also using the same music.

ETA2: I honestly think when it comes to expression, Tessa has it over all of the other ice dance ladies right now, no matter what the music is. Girl is expressive with every single part of her body...

Davis and White also did Polovetsian Dances against Domnina and Shabalin's

martyross
09-01-2012, 07:53 PM
maybe Zueva decided to give Carmen to her two best students, knowing that Spilband was going to work on it with his top couple. :D that would explain why they use a music that Tessa would have never chosen :D and both teams registering for Finlandia, is it a coincidence? btw, Anna has expressed great admiration for Tessa and Scott in the past and this makes the situation more interesting.

Cherub721
09-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Davis and White also did Polovetsian Dances against Domnina and Shabalin's

And it was so trendy to hate on the DomShabs version (top team) and lurvvvve D&W (lower-ranked). I'm sure this year will be the same (hating V&M, loving C&L). I can also already picture the comments about how Anna just gets it more because she is Italian and a diva, has Latin flair, passion, or whatever and Tessa is just sooo whitebread. :rolleyes:

I look forward to the dance itself, it's just so annoying thinking about all the bashing and arguing that's going to happen on every pbp and dance thread.

pani
09-01-2012, 09:38 PM
And it was so trendy to hate on the DomShabs version (top team) and lurvvvve D&W (lower-ranked). I'm sure this year will be the same (hating V&M, loving C&L). I can also already picture the comments about how Anna just gets it more because she is Italian and a diva, has Latin flair, passion, or whatever and Tessa is just sooo whitebread. :rolleyes:

I look forward to the dance itself, it's just so annoying thinking about all the bashing and arguing that's going to happen on every pbp and dance thread.

Nothing will change and we all know, what people will talking about. And who care about skating quality and body movement?
Even when V-M skated PF most part of FSU talked about how Del-Sh version were better :lol:

flowerpower
09-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Bashing is inevitable in the next two years.

When you're at the top (and defending OGMs no less) the potshots come from all sides. Some countries have a larger internet fan presence than others and fans will often (though not always, of course) defend and promote their own -that's not too surprising. Also, V/M have competitors within Canada (under different coaches) who are themselves pushing for the world podium. Some fans are very knowledgeable about ice dance, but others gladly admit they aren't in teknik (or don't admit it, but are quick to pass judgment anyway), etc, etc. The various countries and coaches are all busy chatting it up behind the scenes (and increasingly using the internet to influence opinion), promoting their own and undermining others. In other words, business as usual in the FS world. :lol:

So IMO try not to be surprised by any negativity you hear. Watch and enjoy the skating. JMO. I've said it before - they chose the harder road by continuing to skate after Vancouver, but I'm proud of them for doing so.

Enough negativity from me...on to more positive thoughts. ;)

puglover
09-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Very well said flowerpower! I agree with everything. Good thing we have this thread to come to.

Macassar88
09-01-2012, 11:52 PM

I actually preferred Domnina and Shabalin's dance lol. But yeah it's always "cool" for people to say that they see something special in the program getting lower marks. Zlobina and Sitnikov benefitted from that this past season.
Anyway I don't think that Tessa will get outdone. Anna isn't THAT much of a diva that it could boost her performance level past that of Tessa. She ain't no Krylova.

iggie
09-02-2012, 01:28 AM
tessa will be fine

Cherub721
09-02-2012, 02:05 AM
I actually preferred Domnina and Shabalin's dance lol. But yeah it's always "cool" for people to say that they see something special in the program getting lower marks. Zlobina and Sitnikov benefitted from that this past season.
Anyway I don't think that Tessa will get outdone. Anna isn't THAT much of a diva that it could boost her performance level past that of Tessa. She ain't no Krylova.

ITA with everything you said. I preferred DomShabs as well and I do think that Z&S were getting overhyped by some fans (although I did like their FD). Anna and Luca did well in the Latin SD but she is more cute than fiery to me. They have a youngish look that doesn't scream "Carmen."