PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

bmcg
09-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Pani, I have a stupid question, did Igor choreograph Carmen for Capellini/Lanotte or someone else?

Pretty sure I read in an interview one of the main reasons they chose Igor over Marina when the split happened was because they already had their own choreographer. I think Igor is for the technical and IIRC add in transitions.

IoanaC
09-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Pretty sure I read in an interview one of the main reasons they chose Igor over Marina when the split happened was because they already had their own choreographer. I think Igor is for the technical and IIRC add in transitions.

Yes, their main coach and choreographer is still Paola Mezzadri.

pani
09-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Yes, their main coach and choreographer is still Paola Mezzadri.
And they are working with Luidmila Vlasova. But i dont think all this happened accidentally ;) Carmen, FT :D

pingu
09-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Yep, Paola Mezzadri is their main coach, and Ludmila Vlasova their choreographer.
If Tessa and Scott are going to skate to Carmen as well, it's going to be interesting to see which costumes V/M and C/L will use for the FD. :)

pani
09-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Yep, Paola Mezzadri is their main coach, and Ludmila Vlasova their choreographer.
If Tessa and Scott are going to skate to Carmen as well, it's going to be interesting to see which costumes V/M and C/L will use for the FD. :)

C-L will skate in BB costumes and V-M in K-O :lol: I more interesting in music cut. I think ballet will suite to V-M more and opera more suite to C-L. But C-L took Carmen-suite, so what V-M will chosse?

Rafter
09-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree with you :)
But i am happy for there europian fans (and fans from Finland especially), cuz this will be there 1 chance to see V-M in this season.

Interesting situation with D-W. In IFS magazine they was talking about they wish to made B competition before season will start. Now i didnt find there names at any B competition start list. Could they be added later? Or if no, i think they now working on new "non Sinatra" FD ;)
And i think now C-L will beging there season in Obersdorf - they need to show Carmen first :mad:

Sounds to me like D&W did have a FD to Sinatra but have ditched it for something else. I mean, why else would Icenetwork have published that as their FD music?

pani
09-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Sounds to me like D&W did have a FD to Sinatra but have ditched it for something else. I mean, why else would Icenetwork have published that as their FD music?

I have impression now D-W changing there FD thats why they will not skate at B competitions again this season.
Its funny, if T-S, who were away during 2 weeks from Canton will be surprise to see new D-W programs :lol:

Rafter
09-01-2012, 05:43 PM
They didnt recive any usefull feedback in Finlandia. All feedbacks judges made at GPF and then shoe V-M there place at WTT ;)

They would have received some feedback on levels through the protocols though.

I think they must have had a good experience in Finland last year to go back this year. They probably like the fact that it's a fairly low-key competition where they get to test out the new programs under not a lot of stress.

bmcg
09-01-2012, 05:44 PM
And they are working with Luidmila Vlasova. But i dont think all this happened accidentally ;) Carmen, FT :D

Last year they had La Strada, same as D&W had. This year Carmen which we assume V&M also have. That's twice in a row now which could still be coincidence but it is interesting.

pani
09-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Last year they had La Strada, same as D&W had. This year Carmen which we assume V&M also have. That's twice in a row now which could still be coincidence but it is interesting.

Last season Zueva changed La Strada, what will be this season? She wait C-L will change FD? :D I agree - look interesting.

bmcg
09-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Last season Zueva changed La Strada, what will be this season? She wait C-L will change FD? :D I agree - look interesting.

Personally I think in a head to head D&W wouldn't be able to present La Strada as well as C&L. So I understand the move to drop it for something else. DF suited them perfectly. In a head to head of Carmen Scott has the advantage but I think Tessa is going to have to work really hard to top Anna. Imagining Anna in the role of Carmen I see images of Katarina Witt. Anna has facially what Witt had.

Of course I say all that having never seen D&W's La Strada or the two Carmens. It's just based on what I've seen the skaters show over the years. Really looking forward to seeing their first head to head in Finland. I think it's smart of them to go so both versions come out at the same time.

pani
09-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I think it's smart of them to go so both versions come out at the same time.

So one team will change FD after FT? ;) I agree with you. But i think Tessa will be better in her body expression. ;)
If you remeber in 2011 at WCh C-L skated V-M UoS. They used the same music cuts, elements and even costumes looked similar. I remember at arena i was like "what is going on?" :D

Shayii
09-01-2012, 06:17 PM
So one team will change FD after FT? ;) I agree with you. But i think Tessa will be better in her body expression. ;)
If you remeber in 2011 at WCh C-L skated V-M UoS. They used the same music cuts, elements and even costumes looked similar. I remember at arena i was like "what is going on?" :D

Why do you think one team will change theirs? You know I think the duel of the Carmens might actually be a good thing because it's gonna push Marina extra hard to make sure "her" Carmen is the best ever and it beats out any Carmen Igor might have had a hand in.

Lol do I sound crazy? I'm kinda of excited to see the dueling Carmens now. PJ said we should know programs on Thursday. I'm anxious to find out about their SD.

aka_gerbil
09-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Clearly, I'm not big on the idea of V/M skating to Carmen. That said, I don't think Tessa is going to have any problems at all when it comes to expression in Battle of The Carmens: 2012-2013.

Expression is not solely facial expression; it's about movement of the entire body. We all know how great Tessa was in Farracus; I think she'll have it hands down over Anna when it comes to expression, IMO. One of my criticisms of C/L has been that, to me, they skate small, if that makes any sense. Tessa and Scott, on the other hand, have skated big since they were tiny little children, and I think that'll be another advantage in their favor.

ETA: In 2008-2009, neither V/M nor D/S changed from Pink Floyd. D/W's music change(s) have not come from other teams also using the same music.

ETA2: I honestly think when it comes to expression, Tessa has it over all of the other ice dance ladies right now, no matter what the music is. Girl is expressive with every single part of her body...

pani
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Why do you think one team will change theirs? You know I think the duel of the Carmens might actually be a good thing because it's gonna push Marina extra hard to make sure "her" Carmen is the best ever and it beats out any Carmen Igor might have had a hand in.

Lol do I sound crazy? I'm kinda of excited to see the dueling Carmens now. PJ said we should know programs on Thursday. I'm anxious to find out about their SD.

It was joke, Shayii, sorry :)
I dont think any team will change FD only because other have the same music.
This could happened only during season, if one team will not have results, wich they want.
But Marina didnt chaged PF, when D-Sh had the same with V-M music and like we saw she made right dessigion, because this was really great FD :) And i think both teams had great PF FDs in that season.
And i agree with you about pushing Marina to made something memorable, because i feel like she lost a little motivation after OG.