PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

iggie
08-31-2012, 10:57 PM
i think finlandia wasn't extremely helpful last year. yes, they found a bit about the levels, but they were basically told that their programs were fine. it took until the grand prix series for the judges to tell them to make major changes. moreover, they were kind of rough at finlandia and when d/w debuted at sa, looking more refined and pulled together, fans started to question v/m and they started to look at d/w as the inevitable world champions. the momentum really swung to d/w and stayed there for a long time. that said, i'm thrilled to see v/m early and i'm looking forward to videos and photos.

it was good for one big thing though... debuting a program under less stress. that's invaluable.

IoanaC
08-31-2012, 11:16 PM
it was good for one big thing though... debuting a program under less stress. that's invaluable.

Indeed. They must have felt the strategy worked last year, otherwise they wouldn't repeat it. D/W's momentum last season also had to do with the fact that their choreography needed less tweaking and besides, they always tend to peak earlier than V/M. They just have different rhythms of developing a program.

flowerpower
08-31-2012, 11:38 PM
D/W's momentum last season also had to do with the fact that their choreography needed less tweaking .

No kidding! I hope this year that V/M's choreo is better laid out from the start. (I'm talking to you, Marina!)

Having said that, last year they persisted and the programs eventually came together. Good for them; it couldn't have been easy (especially all those choreo changes just before Nats).

No point in being concerned now though; looking forward to Finlandia!

clarie
08-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Thank you Shayii for posting that wonderful montage. You have a talented friend. So many costumes over the last few years :).

I'm thrilled about Finlandia....as at least we get a sneak preview of what's to come for this season. It's all good :)

martyross
09-01-2012, 12:32 AM
it's indeed because the programs grow slowly that they're practicing it in Finlandia this early. they'll arrive at Skate Canada with the programs already improved a little.
it can be somehow risky if the same thing happens this year, DW getting massive scores at SA already, but as always they'll manage to surpass them in the middle of the season. triumph will come hehehe

Proustable
09-01-2012, 02:54 AM
Also worth noting that with the very strict marking of the CD steps, any feedback from the international judges will be noted (especially the way they ended last season).

As long as they skip the WTT this year, I expect they'll be fine.

Shayii
09-01-2012, 04:45 AM
From GSD - V-M will be at Finlandia Throhy
http://www.skatecanada.ca/Development/InternationalAssignments/tabid/234/language/en-US/Default.aspx#srintl
Thank yoi, pingu
Omg, really?! I honestly didn't think they would do Finlandia Trophy this year, but I'm so happy that they are! We got a lot of great stuff from Finland last year too...excited!

I wish they will start at SC, but.... I didnt see FT helped them a lot last season, but there they were happy so - will enjoy FT one more time :)
Now how do you think, will they stay in Toronto after show before HPC or will go to Canton?
There's a three day weekend so I don't think they will go back to Canton for just two days tbh, they'll probably just go to camp I think.

Thank you Shayii for posting that wonderful montage. You have a talented friend. So many costumes over the last few years :).

Thanks Clarie, I'll pass it along!

Anyways I really hope T/S have a smooth season. I just love them so much.

ETA: I'm so happy about Finlandia, I wanted to share these artwork I found on tumblr:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7lwqw8O411r0837uo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m850k7XlLT1r2suhno1_500.png
http://scottmoirtessavirtue.tumblr.com/post/30406149850

marikat
09-01-2012, 07:25 AM
:cheer::cheer:
From GSD - V-M will be at Finlandia Throhy
http://www.skatecanada.ca/Development/InternationalAssignments/tabid/234/language/en-US/Default.aspx#srintl
Thank yoi, pingu

:cheer: this is just too good to be true! Can't wait to see them again!

manhn
09-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Although we saw it at Skate Canada, I would argue that without Finlandia, V&M would've kept the beginning of their SD up to Lalique. The start was not well received at Finlandia but after SC, V&M were vehement in getting it changed (esp. Tessa). Imagine if the new beginning was unveiled at GPF with their poor performance.

pani
09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
i think finlandia wasn't extremely helpful last year. yes, they found a bit about the levels, but they were basically told that their programs were fine. it took until the grand prix series for the judges to tell them to make major changes. moreover, they were kind of rough at finlandia and when d/w debuted at sa, looking more refined and pulled together, fans started to question v/m and they started to look at d/w as the inevitable world champions. the momentum really swung to d/w and stayed there for a long time. that said, i'm thrilled to see v/m early and i'm looking forward to videos and photos.

I agree with you :)
But i am happy for there europian fans (and fans from Finland especially), cuz this will be there 1 chance to see V-M in this season.

Interesting situation with D-W. In IFS magazine they was talking about they wish to made B competition before season will start. Now i didnt find there names at any B competition start list. Could they be added later? Or if no, i think they now working on new "non Sinatra" FD ;)
And i think now C-L will beging there season in Obersdorf - they need to show Carmen first :mad:

pani
09-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Although we saw it at Skate Canada, I would argue that without Finlandia, V&M would've kept the beginning of their SD up to Lalique. The start was not well received at Finlandia but after SC, V&M were vehement in getting it changed (esp. Tessa). Imagine if the new beginning was unveiled at GPF with their poor performance.

They didnt recive any usefull feedback in Finlandia. All feedbacks judges made at GPF and then shoe V-M there place at WTT ;)

Marta24
09-01-2012, 10:09 AM
I agree with you :)
But i am happy for there europian fans (and fans from Finland especially), cuz this will be there 1 chance to see V-M in this season.

Interesting situation with D-W. In IFS magazine they was talking about they wish to made B competition before season will start. Now i didnt find there names at any B competition start list. Could they be added later? Or if no, i think they now working on new "non Sinatra" FD ;)
And i think now C-L will beging there season in Obersdorf - they need to show Carmen first :mad:

The Italian Federation published a list of their international assignments and C/L were registered under Finlandia Trophy, so their will be at least three direct comparisions of their Carmens: FT,SC and Worlds.

pani
09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
The Italian Federation published a list of their international assignments and C/L were registered under Finlandia Trophy, so their will be at least three direct comparisions of their Carmens: FT,SC and Worlds.

Thanks! Buttle of Carmens will beging :dog:

VarBar
09-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Pani, I have a stupid question, did Igor choreograph Carmen for Capellini/Lanotte or someone else?

puglover
09-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I am so anxious for this season to begin. After seeing Tessa and Scott at SOI this spring I am an even more committed fan. This wait is killing me.