PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

martyross
08-30-2012, 06:37 PM
the Song of the flower is really beautiful, and yea, very romantic.
then there is the prelude to act 3 and Micaela's aria.
Tessa could do a good Habanera. what i hate is the opening and the finale of act 2.. SO overused.
i hope Scott will not end up doing the usual hybrid between Josť and Escamillo that doesn't make any sense.n

Sahararainfall
08-30-2012, 06:40 PM
<sigh> So it is going to be Carmen.

This time was Scott turn. ;) Why all time Tessa must choose? With her music taste i am happy not she choose music this time :D
This not a key to choosae anknown, but bad music.
And she ask Marina to give them Flamenco at 2009-2010 season.
And honestly, i dont think Tessa loved PF ;)

Maybe not, but then again, given her situation back then, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2008-09 season was just a painful blur for her. I don't think this almost 99% sure Carmen FD was Scott's choice either. Listen to the orange interview again, they're on the same page when it comes to music choices like Malaguena and by extension Carmen. I do think this is Marina's piece, imposed or strongly suggested. If they have truly accepted this choice for them 100%, we will see it. As gerbil pointed out earlier, it would be apparent. Having said that, I don't think at this point in their career they would skate to something they are not attached to emotionally. They've learned their lesson. Not to mention there's a lot at stake with the worlds at home and the Olympics just around the corner.

But seriously though I will try to be optimistic cuz I don't wanna mar everybody else's excitement. But one more thing though I'm anxious that C/L are also skating to Carmen, but I can't help the feeling that they're probably excited to be skating the same program...don't ask why I feel like that lol.

Now that it's almost official, I am wondering if this Carmen FD is something that Igor and Marina planned together before for VM. Then of course he and marina got divorced. Maybe Igor like this hypothetical Carmen FD he had to use it for his latest team. I am trying to be open minded about this FD and while I probably will end up liking it just because, but the amount of baggage they are taking on (igor vs marina, versus CL's carmen, vs carmen's of before, versus carmen haters, etc) is making me scared for them.

Anyway, so what's for the SD? Any leak or rumors? :D

Lastly, if it is really Carmen for this season, they better do modern/contemporary for Sochi. Or else... (please)

pani
08-30-2012, 06:42 PM
A few years have passed since they had to skate to Malaguena because Igor said so. I seriously doubt anyone - even Marina, whom they obviously listen to - could impose a piece of music to them, against their will. Considering their experience, they're in a position now where they have much more freedom and can be really involved in choosing the music and conceiving the programs. The idea might not have been theirs, but if someone else convinced them to do it, I'm sure they must at least enjoy the music by now. I just can't see them go through a grueling season, with the world title at stake, and hate what they're skating to. It's impossible, IMO.

Pani, why do you feel Tessa didn't like Great Gig? It was a difficult time for them and a difficult program to perform while recovering from surgery, but it seemed to me that they were really enjoying it at Worlds.

In interview they are talking about how important for them to love music, to feel music ect. So i am sure they will not take Carmen if they hate it :lol:
Dont know why i think GG wasnt they favorite FD. Maybe because they never try to do something like this?

omg.. it never crossed my mind that they could even use the original sang version and not the orchestral one..

Because since Bestemyanova-Bukin ice dancers used Shchedrin arrangment for ballet Carmen-suite and some people hate it. ;) Maybe N-K used more easy version. But Bizet music sound great.
C-L used Shchedrin Carmen-suite. What will V-M use? Dont know.

girlscouse62
08-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Marty, I agree, I especially love Placido Domingo"s version of "Flower Song". I must admit I don't like country music, but have read that Scott loves it. So for me the idea of country music is far more worrisome than Carmen.

IoanaC
08-30-2012, 06:55 PM
I am trying to be open minded about this FD and while I probably will end up liking just because, the amount of baggage they are taking on (igor vs marina, versus CL's carmen, vs carmen's of before, versus carmen haters, etc) is making me scared for them.

Yes, the "baggage" you mention is my concern too. Not the music, which is absolutely wonderful, and not their skating or interpretation. The choreography, on the other hand... that's trickier.

I hope Scott will not end up doing the usual hybrid between Josť and Escamillo that doesn't make any sense.

:lol: So true!

pani
08-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes, the "baggage" you mention is my concern too. Not the music, which is absolutely wonderful, and not their skating or interpretation. The choreography, on the other hand... that's trickier.

Will not choreography will be a question untill they still working with Marina? :D

Sahararainfall
08-30-2012, 07:07 PM

It's almost like a test for Marina isn't it? Well she reserved Mahler for VM, DF for D/W. Maybe she planned this for VM all along and waited when they are mature enough for it. Here's hoping this turns out like those two.

Gosh, it seems like just yesterday we were hoping for VM to skate to a more "pop" music to make it easier for themselves. And now they give us this. It's like they're being sarcastic. :lol:

flowerpower
08-30-2012, 07:11 PM
In interview they are talking about how important for them to love music, to feel music ect. So i am sure they will not take Carmen if they hate it

I agree. And I'm not sure why people are worrying about the program without knowing what excerpts and arrangement will be used, and how the choreo will be put together. Why not wait and see what's put on the ice?

No way they'll use country for the SD (maybe for an exhibition someday, but even that's doubtful...they both need to like their music, lol).

IoanaC
08-30-2012, 07:24 PM
It's almost like a test for Marina isn't it? Well she reserved Mahler for VM, DF for D/W. Maybe she planned this for VM all along and waited when they are mature enough for it. Here's hoping this turns out like those two.

I'm eagerly awaiting the first interview after the music is revealed and their explanations as to how they chose it.:)

martyross
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Marty, I agree, I especially love Placido Domingo"s version of "Flower Song".

no one can sing it like him :)

For you had only to appear
Only to toss a glance towards me
to take a hold of all my being...

:)

Shayii
08-30-2012, 07:58 PM
<sigh> So it is going to be Carmen.

Maybe not, but then again, given her situation back then, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2008-09 season was just a painful blur for her. I don't think this almost 99% sure Carmen FD was Scott's choice either. Listen to the orange interview again, they're on the same page when it comes to music choices like Malaguena and by extension Carmen. I do think this is Marina's piece, imposed or strongly suggested. If they have truly accepted this choice for them 100%, we will see it. As gerbil pointed out earlier, it would be apparent. Having said that, I don't think at this point in their career they would skate to something they are not attached to emotionally. They've learned their lesson. Not to mention there's a lot at stake with the worlds at home and the Olympics just around the corner.

Now that it's almost official, I am wondering if this Carmen FD is something that Igor and Marina planned together before for VM. Then of course he and marina got divorced. Maybe Igor like this hypothetical Carmen FD he had to use it for his latest team. I am trying to be open minded about this FD and while I probably will end up liking it just because, but the amount of baggage they are taking on (igor vs marina, versus CL's carmen, vs carmen's of before, versus carmen haters, etc) is making me scared for them.

Anyway, so what's for the SD? Any leak or rumors? :D

Lastly, if it is really Carmen for this season, they better do modern/contemporary for Sochi. Or else... (please)
I would just like to say the bolded parts made me laugh really hard. That is all.

j/k that is not all...I will like to utilize the wait and see approach before I really panic. But November is still so far away to wait for the programs!

IceIceBaby
08-30-2012, 09:14 PM
<sigh> As gerbil pointed out earlier, it would be apparent.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I actually laughed out loud when I read this. Sorry gerbil.

Do you think V/M will do Finlandia Trophy this season?

Bournekraatzfan
08-30-2012, 09:50 PM
going back a bit...

Hey guys my friend, Maritza, made me a V/M montage to Breath of Life by Florence + the Machine because I love the song. Check it out and I hope you guys like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL12jiFdpVI

This is beautiful! one of my favourite V&M montages. Everything fit so well with the music and I love how this piece underscores their passion. Your friend did an awesome job (so nice of them to do this, btw)--thank you so much for sharing, Shayii!

Can I just reiterate that Scott is not the more expressive of the two? I know it's my opinion and you are free to disagree, but Tessa, while more subtle, actually understands the themes a bit better. I think she'd be a great Carmen ...

I think its because people are seeing it in terms of their personalities, Scott is obviously extroverted, while Tessa is introverted. People might also feel that Scott might bring it more, it terms of facial expressions.With that said I actually think Tessa will do an amazing job with Carmen ...

I strongly agree with both of you. Scott is superb, but imo, Tessa moves better than anyone. She may not give as much with her face, but her body does all the talking. Her movement is so nuanced and multifarious...she so carefully crafts each section, each moment, while maintaining a cohesive whole.

Bournekraatzfan
08-30-2012, 10:02 PM
I think its good for them to work with Killing again.

From the interview:

That's awesome.

Yes, I, too, thought that was wonderful that they were working again with Killing.

Betta42
08-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome! :) <3

Just want to share this...every time i hear these songs i think of Tessa and Scott and wonder how they would dance to them...what do you all think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjh1Vp4F7Ys

http://www.allmusic.com/song/lullaby-mt0010667944