PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

chantilly
08-30-2012, 05:44 PM
I am neither disappointed about the choice if it is the choice or over the moon. But I do think it is a good piece of music for them and depending on what they do with it. And it is more fiery then romantic. And I think they need big passionate music this season. We'll see. I do think it is a bit of a mistake given C and L are also skating to it. Though unless C and L have improved a major amount they won't threaten V and M. But the top three music choices haven't really excited me to be honest. D and W seems too close to what V and m did last year and P and B irks me because I kind of hate the Stones and am having a hard time seeing what they can do with it. But of all the top teams they are best at the voidy stuff. Unlike most I loved their programs the last two years. I absolutely loathed 'the time" program. Haven't heard about W and P. Honestly no offense to them but could care less about the Shibs. They need like four more years to be interesting to me.

pani
08-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Maybe Marina gave to Tessa DVD with Plisetskaya dancing carmen-suite ;)
Maybe Scott like this music. Or maybe this was Marina idea, but did you remember, how Marinas idea played fo D-W in last season?

pani
08-30-2012, 05:49 PM
D and W seems too close to what V and m did last year

We didnt know D-W music for FD yet.

Shayii
08-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Maybe Marina gave to Tessa DVD with Plisetskaya dancing carmen-suite ;)
Maybe Scott like this music. Or maybe this was Marina idea, but did you remember, how Marinas idea played fo D-W in last season?

True I guess, everybody loved Die Fledermaus, even though it didn't win worlds. Maybe that's why I thought Marina looked disappointed the program didn't "win," it was like her masterpiece.

aka_gerbil
08-30-2012, 05:53 PM
it sounds like Carmen was an imposed choice at first, what ya think? i doubt that they would have selected it by themselves. after all, Malaguena was imposed. anyways, if Tessa, who has a great taste, loves it, it means that it's a nice program at least. at the end, they make any music sing. once we are captured by the way they move, i.e. by their magic, we'll be enthusiast of the music as well. positive about that!
to me it suddenly happened with Krylova/Ovs' version. they made me 'discover' a music i've known since forever.

That's sort of my impression of the situation as well. It definitely wasn't Tessa who came up with this, that much seems clear.

I just wonder if she really loves it or if she's just saying that (because you wouldn't want the judges to think you didn't love your program). The times when V/M haven't been enthused with their programs (Malaguena and Dark Eyes), it's sort of been apparant, IMO.

lol I was just kidding about being a fan of any kind of music, which explains why I ended the first part of my post with a winking smiley. I too haven't always cared for all the music choices of my favorite skaters, it's not like I'd bee enjoying each and every piece that's ever been composed.

Gotcha! :)

Pretty much I agree with you. But I keep going back and forth between optimism and pessimism. I'm seeing it resembling Farracus too and while I love that problem I kinda feel like it'll be a little bit been there, done that kind of thing. Also kinda piggybacking on what marty said, if they never saw themselves skating to Carmen a few years ago, how the heck did they get here then. Like did they just listen to it again recently and completely changed their minds that they loved it now? Or was it strongly suggested to them? I'm thinking it's the latter, but as long as they love it now, that's the most important thing.

We're sharing a brain when it comes to the been there, done that sentiment.

It's also an excellent question if they were so opposed to it in the past, how did we get to where we are now with them (likely) skating their penultimate FD to it in a pre-Olympic year?

I do keep coming back to they "do they really love it, or are they just saying that" sort of situation...

pani
08-30-2012, 06:03 PM
I do keep coming back to they "do they really love it, or are they just saying that" sort of situation...

This time was Scott turn. ;) Why all time Tessa must choose? With her music taste i am happy not she choose music this time :D
This not a key to choosae anknown, but bad music.
And she ask Marina to give them Flamenco at 2009-2010 season.
And honestly, i dont think Tessa loved PF ;)

Shayii
08-30-2012, 06:06 PM
I just wonder if she really loves it or if she's just saying that (because you wouldn't want the judges to think you didn't love your program). The times when V/M haven't been enthused with their programs (Malaguena and Dark Eyes), it's sort of been apparant, IMO.

Omg, lol we must share a brain cuz I was seriously thinking this. I was like Tessa might say she absolutely loves it now, but what else would she say, that she doesn't care for it.

But seriously though I will try to be optimistic cuz I don't wanna mar everybody else's excitement. But one more thing though I'm anxious that C/L are also skating to Carmen, but I can't help the feeling that they're probably excited to be skating the same program...don't ask why I feel like that lol.

pani
08-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Do you realy think this is bad music?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__cmB3BSeOs

martyross
08-30-2012, 06:13 PM
i think instead that we should celebrate a miracle. Marina managed to chose a music that pleases Pani. no pani-cking season this time!

pani
08-30-2012, 06:17 PM
i think instead that we should celebrate a miracle. Marina managed to chose a music that pleases Pani. no pani-cking season this time!

But now all others in panicing :lol:

martyross
08-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Do you realy think this is bad music?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__cmB3BSeOs

omg.. it never crossed my mind that they could even use the original sang version and not the orchestral one..

aka_gerbil
08-30-2012, 06:21 PM
And honestly, i dont think Tessa loved PF ;)

Who knows, given how much pain that girl was in that year...

I'll listen to your link later when I can do so without being overheard. ;)

IoanaC
08-30-2012, 06:27 PM
That's sort of my impression of the situation as well. It definitely wasn't Tessa who came up with this, that much seems clear.

A few years have passed since they had to skate to Malaguena because Igor said so. I seriously doubt anyone - even Marina, whom they obviously listen to - could impose a piece of music to them, against their will. Considering their experience, they're in a position now where they have much more freedom and can be really involved in choosing the music and conceiving the programs. The idea might not have been theirs, but if someone else convinced them to do it, I'm sure they must at least enjoy the music by now. I just can't see them go through a grueling season, with the world title at stake, and hate what they're skating to. It's impossible, IMO.

Pani, why do you feel Tessa didn't like Great Gig? It was a difficult time for them and a difficult program to perform while recovering from surgery, but it seemed to me that they were really enjoying it at Worlds.

aka_gerbil
08-30-2012, 06:33 PM
A few years have passed since they had to skate to Malaguena because Igor said so. I seriously doubt anyone - even Marina, whom they obviously listen to - could impose a piece of music to them, against their will. Considering their experience, they're in a position now where they have much more freedom and can be really involved in choosing the music and conceiving the programs. The idea might not have been theirs, but if someone else convinced them to do it, I'm sure they must at least enjoy the music by now. I just can't see them go through a grueling season, with the world title at stake, and hate what they're skating to. It's impossible, IMO.

I will give you that it's been a few years (quite a few at that) since Malguena and Dark Eyes. That said, I guess I don't find the idea impossible of them still getting talked into something, given that in general, people can and do get talked into various things in various parts of life every day. ;)

I may change my mind when I see the program, but as of now, I'm just not sold on it at all, which is a first for me at this stage of the season in the years I've been following V/M.

girlscouse62
08-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really like Bizet, and have always liked Carmen. I guess I haven't really thought about it before, but I must be "uber" fan of T/S, because I really don't care what they choose. Certainly, I prefer some musical choices over others, but like all of you in this thread, I just love to watch them perform. Clarie, when you stated you have been a skating fan for 21 years made me realize I have been watching since before I left England in 1965. Now I truly feel like a dinosaur!!:lol: