PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

clarie
08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I think Tessa will rock Carmen too.
She has grown so much in terms of style and maturity even since Farrucas that I can see a magnificent performance in their future.

I can see them being fierce, dramatic, passionate, tender, and even perhaps playful. There are so many options for them to spread themselves. I guess we'll just have to see and watch it "grow" and develop over the season. I'm enthusiastic for now.

aka_gerbil
08-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I have no doubt in my mind they'll both be awesome doing Carmen and Scott especially will bring the house down. Carmen is a beautiful classical piece of music everybody can connect to. Unlike Funny Face.:slinkaway

Not everyone likes Carmen or connects to it. It's not a universal experience or a universally loved piece of music. It's certainly not one of my favorites by a long shot. ;)

I've been a fan of ice dance and figure skating for close to 21 years now. I've never been one to automatically like everything the skaters/teams I'm a fan of do for all of their programs. Granted, I still have to actually see the programs, but this may just be one of those seasons for me when it comes to V/M. *shrug*

pani
08-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Not everyone likes Carmen or connects to it. It's not a universal experience or a universally loved piece of music. It's certainly not one of my favorites by a long shot. ;)

I've been a fan of ice dance and figure skating for close to 21 years now. I've never been one to automatically like everything the skaters/teams I'm a fan of do for all of their programs. Granted, I still have to actually see the programs, but this may just be one of those seasons for me when it comes to V/M. *shrug*

I understand you. For me nothing could be worst then Funny Face :lol:
So I will enjoy this season more, then last.
There are a lot off great team who will show something good- G-P, W-P, I-K.

aka_gerbil
08-30-2012, 04:13 PM
I understand you. For me nothing could be worst then Funny Face :lol:
So I will enjoy this season more, then last.
There are a lot off great team who will show something good- G-P, W-P, I-K.

And I loved Funny Face beyond what was probably reasonable. :lol:

Music is definitely an each-to-their-own sort of thing.

For me, for this season, I'm now just hoping I'll really like V/M's SD.

pani
08-30-2012, 04:16 PM

I think its better to not wait too much from the new programs and in this case you could have pleasant surprise at GP ;)

I worry about SD, cause i dont like country music :lol:

aka_gerbil
08-30-2012, 04:29 PM
I think its better to not wait too much from the new programs and in this case you could have pleasant surprise at GP ;)

If they do a country SD, for me, it's going to come down to which song they pick. I like some country music, but there's also an awful lot of it that I just can't stand.

Macassar88
08-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Now he understand, how old CDs were good :D

Maybe yes :D I will tell awful thing - for me Carmen is much better than any anknown jazz peice of music and Funny Face :)

Him not liking CD's is weird. They gave him and Tessa an advantage over most of the field (except for Domnina and Shabalin who owe their lives to compulsories)

martyross
08-30-2012, 05:03 PM
it sounds like Carmen was an imposed choice at first, what ya think? i doubt that they would have selected it by themselves. after all, Malaguena was imposed. anyways, if Tessa, who has a great taste, loves it, it means that it's a nice program at least. at the end, they make any music sing. once we are captured by the way they move, i.e. by their magic, we'll be enthusiast of the music as well. positive about that!
to me it suddenly happened with Krylova/Ovs' version. they made me 'discover' a music i've known since forever.

Macassar88
08-30-2012, 05:04 PM

Same - I love all their programs, and I think that FF would beat out almost any non Virtue and Moir free dance of this and last quad.

Macassar88
08-30-2012, 05:05 PM
How do we know that they're doing country music for their SD?

pani
08-30-2012, 05:18 PM

I think so because D-W will have ballet SD, Carmen will be in FD, not in SD, so i think this will be country. What else? Shtraus? :lol:

VarBar
08-30-2012, 05:35 PM

lol I was just kidding about being a fan of any kind of music, which explains why I ended the first part of my post with a winking smiley. I too haven't always cared for all the music choices of my favorite skaters, it's not like I'd bee enjoying each and every piece that's ever been composed.

I can easily suspect Carmen is not universally loved, the word 'everybody' in my previous post was just a figure of speech, however I would expect audiences around the world to clap harder and cheer more loudly for a skating program set to Carmen than they did for Funny Face last year. And V/M would probably get lesser reactions such as 'The female singer has such a small voice, this music is so bland, it doesn't transport me at all etc etc."

But I can surely understand your disappointment though.

Paul and Islam have an adorable French-themed SD this season.:swoon: But if Marina let Scott pick the music for him and Tessa, it's gonna be country by all means.:)

clarie
08-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Well, I'm so optimistic that I just purchased tickets to Worlds :). I'm hoping to meet some of you there and we can share our optimism together :D

pani
08-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Well, I'm so optimistic that I just purchased tickets to Worlds :). I'm hoping to meet some of you there and we can share our optimism together :D

Cool! Did you have all-event tickets? I envy you :)

Shayii
08-30-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm with you; even without seeing that article, I'm pretty much 100% certain the FD has to be Carmen. :/ Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it, but for now, I'm disappointed. If they wanted to do drama this year, there are a vast array of other choices out there besides the most overused of the overused warhorses.

In my gut, I think this is going to turn out looking a lot like Farracus. It's one of my favorite programs of theirs, but, IMO, they've already shown it's a style they can do...
Pretty much I agree with you. But I keep going back and forth between optimism and pessimism. I'm seeing it resembling Farracus too and while I love that problem I kinda feel like it'll be a little bit been there, done that kind of thing. Also kinda piggybacking on what marty said, if they never saw themselves skating to Carmen a few years ago, how the heck did they get here then. Like did they just listen to it again recently and completely changed their minds that they loved it now? Or was it strongly suggested to them? I'm thinking it's the latter, but as long as they love it now, that's the most important thing.

Country? I hope not! Please sweet baby Jesus, I really hope not. Sigh...unless if it's Lady Antebellum or Love and Theft.