PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
08-29-2012, 05:38 PM
A little - they took out the temptation lift because it was only getting level 3

Yes, i forget about this.
Iremeber how Tessa said after FT: "We get only positve feedback its a little scary" :mad:

VarBar
08-29-2012, 06:15 PM
How do you think, did skating at FT helped them in last season?

Well, it's definitely not essential for V/M to do a level B but getting some feedback from international judges and figure skating fans;) early in the season wouldn't hurt them either, so I'd love for them to go to Finland if they can afford the trip financially and time wise, I'm very anxious to see their new dances.

When's High Performance Camp scheduled for?

pani
08-29-2012, 06:17 PM
When's High Performance Camp scheduled for?

Second week-end in September.

iggie
08-30-2012, 04:38 AM
q and a at ice-dance.com

http://ice-dance.com/news/general-articles-announcements/1406-collaboration-and-creation-a-q-a-with-tessa-virtue-and-scott-moir

Shayii
08-30-2012, 05:27 AM
q and a at ice-dance.com

http://ice-dance.com/news/general-articles-announcements/1406-collaboration-and-creation-a-q-a-with-tessa-virtue-and-scott-moir

After all, I was quoted several years ago as saying I would never use the free dance music we have chosen for this season! And now I absolutely love it.

Alright everybody let's try to find the interview Tessa is referring to in the above quote...j/k, but now I'm 100% certain it has to be Carmen :(. (Maybe I lied to myself about how much I was changing my mind about it). But whatevs I hope it's amazing.

Thanks for linking the interview Misha!

ETA: I wonder how they determined who would answer which questions lol.

Bournekraatzfan
08-30-2012, 05:53 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the info, pics, vids and reports, fan, pani, HSGP21, Emdee, iggie (glad you both enjoyed the show!) and all those who have provided these! Tessa looks sooooo happy in those photos! so nice to see that! I really wish I could see the show, but I am happy some people here have had a chance to attend. btw, if anyone is headed there tomorrow, the CNE offers $5 admission after 5PM Mon-Thu--maybe you can get there a bit early and rush to the Ricoh Coliseum to see if you can catch the show. Also, there are special rates for seniors and children ($12 each) and family passes are available for $48. I think it is great that Tessa and Scott are doing this show--so much more affordable than SOI, Skate Canada, or Canadian Championships tickets, and such a fun event:)

Also, welcome, Betta42! I hope you enjoy posting here:)

Alright everybody let's try to find the interview Tessa is referring to in the above quote...j/k, but now I'm 100% certain it has to be Carmen :(. (Maybe I lied to myself about how much I was changing my mind about it). But whatevs I hope it's amazing.

lol, I was thinking the same things, Shayii! and I thought of you when I heard the Katy Perry music for the CNE show, as I remember you suggesting "Alien" for them. kinda cool they chose someone whose music you had suggested:)

"Hallelujah" was a piece of music that Scott's cousin, Cara, recommended for us. We immediately loved the piece – though Scott eventually got tired of me saying "it's just so raw!" haha. There is a vulnerability to Jeff Buckley's voice and a sense of longing that we thought would sound almost haunting in an arena. I also loved his exhale at the beginning of the piece! Marina choreographed this number.

Yay! We finally discover who choreographed this gem! Thanks for this, iggie, and for all the awesome updates on your :kickass: blog!

I hope all those who have taken holidays enjoyed them, and all those who have yet to take them have a great time--and then hurry back here! ;)

pani
08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
q and a at ice-dance.com

Thank you! We found who did choreo for exibitions numbers, yes! :D
I think its good for them to work with Killing again.
Anf yes, this will be "Carmen" (from Tessa words i think all understand this), but they never use something dramatic. So its will be interesting how they could show this tragical story on ice. One bad thing - C-L will skate "Carmen" and Shpilband knew about V-M plans (have a vision of how we'd like to end our amateur career., so they have music untill Sochi).

pani
08-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Just notice on officiall site - they put CNE at Schedule and then SC. How do you think, this mean they will not skate at B competitions or this scheldule is subject for change?

clarie
08-30-2012, 01:07 PM
That was a great article from IDC. If "Carmen" is what they are doing this year and they have done a complete turnaround in their opinion of it, then we can surely go along with them on that. I hope that those who dislike this music for them will do a 180 on that. My opinion is that whatever they do as a program will have their own special signature on it. I see it as being very powerful for them. :)

aka_gerbil
08-30-2012, 01:48 PM

Thanks for linking the interview Misha!

ETA: I wonder how they determined who would answer which questions lol.

I'm with you; even without seeing that article, I'm pretty much 100% certain the FD has to be Carmen. :/ Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it, but for now, I'm disappointed. If they wanted to do drama this year, there are a vast array of other choices out there besides the most overused of the overused warhorses.

In my gut, I think this is going to turn out looking a lot like Farracus. It's one of my favorite programs of theirs, but, IMO, they've already shown it's a style they can do...

pani
08-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm with you; even without seeing that article, I'm pretty much 100% certain the FD has to be Carmen. :/ Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it, but for now, I'm disappointed. If they wanted to do drama this year, there are a vast array of other choices out there besides the most overused of the overused warhorses.

In my gut, I think this is going to turn out looking a lot like Farracus. It's one of my favorite programs of theirs, but, IMO, they've already shown it's a style they can do...

They key point -ISU rules. Music must have dancing rythm. Not every drama piece of music had it (i think its Carmen, La Traviata, Masquarade thats all). And FD must to have changing of rythm-tempo.
W-P last year FD wasnt made according ISU rules. So if i were ice dancer i will ask ISU - why they let to use music without clear dancing rythm and not-upliftinf? Not because i love ISU rules, just because if you made rules skaters must use it or you must delet this rules at all :mad:

I think they will be great in Carmen and Scott will be best ever :D
When all other use from year to year overused music all feel OJ and when someone skated 3 years in row waltz all was happy with it. So i am happy at last will use something overused :D And Zueva have her best programs on classical music.

Cherub721
08-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Is it wrong for me to be kinda excited about Carmen? :o

From the interview:

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" was choreographed by one of our early coach/choreographers, Suzanne Killing. Working with Suz again was enlightening because the dynamic between the three of us had hardly changed; she worked with us for 7 years starting from the ages of 8 and 10.

That's awesome.

IDC: If given a choice, which compulsory pattern would you most prefer to construct a short dance around?

Scott: To be completely honest, my choice would be to remove set pattern dances all together. It is difficult to judge and the new system has changed set pattern dances so much that we are getting away from all of the aspects that made compulsory dances special.

Since when did Scott like CDs? :rofl:

pani
08-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Since when did Scott like CDs? :rofl:

Now he understand, how old CDs were good :D

Is it wrong for me to be kinda excited about Carmen?
Maybe yes :D I will tell awful thing - for me Carmen is much better than any anknown jazz peice of music and Funny Face :)

VarBar
08-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Is it wrong for me to be kinda excited about Carmen? :o

We fans have to be excited about any theme and any music our favorites choose to skate to. What are fans for?;)

I think they will be great in Carmen and Scott will be best ever :D
When all other use from year to year overused music all feel OJ and when someone skated 3 years in row waltz all was happy with it. So i am happy at last will use something overused :D And Zueva have her best programs on classical music.

:respec:

I have no doubt in my mind they'll both be awesome doing Carmen and Scott especially will bring the house down. Carmen is a beautiful classical piece of music everybody can connect to. Unlike Funny Face.:slinkaway

Emdee
08-30-2012, 03:35 PM
I think Tessa will rock Carmen too.
She has grown so much in terms of style and maturity even since Farrucas that I can see a magnificent performance in their future.