PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
08-26-2012, 07:44 PM
i did go the cne yesterday. i enjoyed the show so much that i saw it twice. the show had no coherence, but it was a great chance to see tessa and scott live. this show was basically the only thing i did at the cne, besides hunting down some edible food. it was worth it. the crowds were huge. the lineups were huge (which is why i couldn't find emdee). it's was all good.

i wrote about the experience on my blog. you can find it here (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/08/heres-to-front-row-seats.html[).

Thank you a lot! :)
I am wonder, why nobody ask T-S, why they made this show during 2 weeks and didnt practice.

bmcg
08-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I am wonder, why nobody ask T-S, why they made this show during 2 weeks and didnt practice.

Maybe they thought with it being the same time as their coach being away at Champs Camp it was an opportunity for them to make some money? If they would have been training on their own anyway it probably doesnt make much difference if they did that in Canton or Toronto.

pani
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Maybe they thought with it being the same time as their coach being away at Champs Camp it was an opportunity for them to make some money? If they would have been training on their own anyway it probably doesnt make much difference if they did that in Canton or Toronto.

They had another coaches. In any case - Zoueva will not be out of the Canton durin 2 weeks, no? Its look like they will start practice September 3? For me its look too late, but i didnt know there plans. Maybe they will not skate at GP?

Emdee
08-26-2012, 08:12 PM
T&S will skate at GP at least the GP in Canada for sure.

I think they needed to get their names out there in Canada to help in their funding for their Olys year. With a lot of public coming to see them they will reach a wider audience of public and sponsors. I think also they received good money for them to choose the CNE over All that skate.
In the past they did All that skate and the Stampede so with travelling time etc they probably have not lost more than 3 or 4 days.

pani
08-26-2012, 08:16 PM
I think if they want to compete at OG they need to made GPF this season, because it will be in Sochi. But Kostner, Kim, Plushenko will not skate at GP this season so....
Yes, i am worry.

IoanaC
08-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Both Tessa and Scott look healthy and in good shape. As long as they stay that way, they will compete in the GP for sure. So far, no need to worry, Pani!:)

pani
08-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Both Tessa and Scott look healthy and in good shape. As long as they stay that way, they will compete in the GP for sure. So far, no need to worry, Pani!:)

Like you know, i am always worry :lol:In 2010-2011 season they looked in good shape, but then we saw them only at WCh :rolleyes:

aka_gerbil
08-26-2012, 08:29 PM

I have a hard time believing that V/M aren't training during this. There's a ton of ice in Toronto, not to mention some very good sets of eyes, so to speak, who would be able to provide feedback outside of their coaches... Not to mention, I'm sure they've been working very hard since early June...

As others have pointed out, Marina has been gone this week. Given the pairs teams that he works with, I'd imagine that Johnny Johns was also at Champs Camp (but feel free to correct me if anyone knows differently).

They would have been away from Canton just as long if they'd gone to Korea. Also, D/W and the Shibs were gone just as long when they were in Japan...

There is no reason to believe that V/M won't be at both of their GP's.

pani
08-26-2012, 08:32 PM
V-M had less pratice time because of CSOI, then there teammates at the end of the May and in June.

bmcg
08-26-2012, 08:35 PM
They had another coaches. In any case - Zoueva will not be out of the Canton durin 2 weeks, no? Its look like they will start practice September 3? For me its look too late, but i didnt know there plans. Maybe they will not skate at GP?

I guess you are assuming they aren't practicing while in Toronto. Im assuming they are. I just watched a video of Patrick Chan in All That Skate. Neither makes me think either are skipping the GP series. Maybe it's the fact that its the CNE and not something more prestigious as All That Skate that makes you worry so much.

I'm not worried they are taking two weeks in Canada to skate in some show. I'm only anxious to see what Marina has given them. She has to prove herself to three top class teams that they made the right choice staying with her and I just worry that's a tall order for her to fill and wonder who will get the short end of the stick.

aka_gerbil
08-26-2012, 08:40 PM
V-M had less pratice time because of CSOI, then there teammates at the end of the May and in June.

Well, they had the same vacation break as the Shibs and D/W, so that's equal, and I doubt that Shibs or D/W were doing anything that intensive while V/M were gone on CSOI.

Of all the things to worry about, I don't think the CNE is high up on the list. :)

pani
08-26-2012, 08:42 PM
I guess you are assuming they aren't practicing while in Toronto. Im assuming they are. I just watched a video of Patrick Chan in All That Skate. Neither makes me think either are skipping the GP series. Maybe it's the fact that its the CNE and not something more prestigious as All That Skate that makes you worry so much.

I'm not worried they are taking two weeks in Canada to skate in some show. I'm only anxious to see what Marina has given them. She has to prove herself to three top class teams that they made the right choice staying with her and I just worry that's a tall order for her to fill and wonder who will get the short end of the stick.

I just worry because they sakte in show too long (2 weeks), not because they choose Canada over Korea :)
I think we all worry about new programs. Maybe even more about choreo, then music. And Marina need to prove USA FS federation they made right choice and top USA teams stay with her, so we could worry about programs. But maybe this is Tessa-Scott work and they will made what they think will be good for them.

Well, they had the same vacation break as the Shibs and D/W, so that's equal, and I doubt that Shibs or D/W were doing anything that intensive while V/M were gone on CSOI.

They made at least SD choreo, when V-M were at CSOI. Maybe Shibs eve made FD choreo at that time. So V-M was last team, who made there nw programs in group. And D-W, Shibs made programs with Igor.

aka_gerbil
08-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Maybe this will make you feel better. Every once in a blue moon, I'll lurk on twitter for skating news. In one tweet, someone mentioned V/M having been at a the Magne Centre in Newmarket, Ontario--outside of Toronto. I googled it, and this place has 1 Olympic-sized rink and 3 NHL-sized rinks. Given that, I'd say there's a real good chance they were there to practice for the upcoming season.

They're doing two shows a day--one at 2 and one at 5. The shows are about 30 minutes all together, and T/S really aren't out there for very long at all. They often mention being on the ice by 6 or 7 in the morning, so I'd think it really wasn't that hard to get in practice time during this. Easier I'd say than trying to get in practice time in Korea....

ETA: I don't even know why I'm trying, but I'm not sure that the order the programs are done in has any sort of influence over who ended up with what. ;) Just chill out for now. This season is going to be long, and spending time fretting over every little thing isn't going to help (and this comes from someone who has a lot of concern about next season).

ETA2: Here you go: https://twitter.com/sydmiddlebrook/status/237576789281619968

Of course out of the 2 days I wasn't at the Magna centre, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir were there ... #AreYouKiddingMe #figureskaterproblems

I'm going out on a limb and saying they weren't there to practice for the CNE or to use the pool. ;)

martyross
08-26-2012, 09:05 PM
this place should be renamed as 'Tessa and Scott worrying thread' :D

pani
08-26-2012, 09:10 PM
this place should be renamed as 'Tessa and Scott worrying thread' :D

:lol:
But V-M had such a big withdrawal history before ;)
aka_gerbil, thanks for information :) I notice now in profile in ISU bio they put traning base Canton/London, ON.