PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

jobelle
08-20-2012, 01:47 AM
The wait for news out of canton has sometimes been crazy long...in 08-09 I don't think we knew Meryl and Charlie's fd music until practices at skate Canada had started. Hopefully we'll know for both teams soon.

Shayii
08-20-2012, 06:22 AM
CNE vids are up:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TubeByJAC?feature=watch
Thanks Jess! I actually enjoyed Ain't No Mountain High Enough more than I have in the past. I like the regular clothes they're wearing, maybe Tessa's costume was distracting me before. The show looks like fun.

someone said at US camp, when Davis/white's pros will be revealed.
but who knows? seems that this year the Canton strategy is being all mysterious. i'm slightly irritated for this, actually.
Why would we hear about Tessa and Scott's music at Meryl and Charlie's camp?

Here's some wacky thought: Maybe V/M were already ready for their programs early this off-season and when the "carmen" rumor came in they might have had some second thought and said "Let's go for it." That could explain this delayed revelation!

Just speculating to lighten up the atmosphere:D
Lol, wouldn't that be something. Anyways I'll be pretty surprised if it's not Carmen at this point, especially when I'm starting to make my peace with it.

It looks like Tessa and Scott are taking the time to enjoy the Ex themselves, I saw this on twitter:

But last night in Toronto, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir were just two young people enjoying the Ex and a concert at the Molson Ampitheatre.

maggylyn
08-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks Jess! I actually enjoyed Ain't No Mountain High Enough more than I have in the past. I like the regular clothes they're wearing, maybe Tessa's costume was distracting me before. The show looks like fun.

I also like what they're wearing here much better than the discoball dress.

Emdee
08-20-2012, 03:59 PM
They will be skating at the show twice a day for 15 days so the new costumes look more comfortable and cheaper too!

flowerpower
08-20-2012, 04:08 PM
These costumes fit the spirit and atmosphere of the show and allow them to blend visually with the other cast members when they're out there as a group (it's very similar to what they wore at the Calgary Stampede ice/acrobatics show).

An added bonus for them - they can have fresh clothes for every show. I'll bet Scott has a dozen of those T-shirts!

CatherineC
08-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Sorry, question is actually not about the theme, but - Andbody knows Tessa & Scott's middle names? :)

chantilly
08-20-2012, 05:54 PM
So one more month to go.
I am really wondering if Carmen was just some rumor though as it seems that D/W music choice was revealed to not be the case for the FD.
Anyway I was a bit iffy on the choice of Carmen too. Because it is overused. But it also depends on what section they pick. And I never thought I ever wanted to hear Malagueña again and then Sasha Cohen skated to it and it came alive.
I have faith V/M could do this too.
By he way I reached the short dances from the World's yesterday and it was clear to me how much better they were. Their movement was like liquid. And every detail like Tracy said was taken care of. There was no awkwardness in any of their movement. Perfect line and unison not to mention connection. D/W were good too. But IMO it was no contest. Although I will say D/W had great twizzles and better circular footwork.

Macassar88
08-20-2012, 07:04 PM
So one more month to go.
I am really wondering if Carmen was just some rumor though as it seems that D/W music choice was revealed to not be the case for the FD.
Anyway I was a bit iffy on the choice of Carmen too. Because it is overused. But it also depends on what section they pick. And I never thought I ever wanted to hear Malagueña again and then Sasha Cohen skated to it and it came alive.
I have faith V/M could do this too.
By he way I reached the short dances from the World's yesterday and it was clear to me how much better they were. Their movement was like liquid. And every detail like Tracy said was taken care of. There was no awkwardness in any of their movement. Perfect line and unison not to mention connection. D/W were good too. But IMO it was no contest. Although I will say D/W had great twizzles and better circular footwork.

Yeah Davis and White had an AMAZING circular footwork. They had insane speed throughout the entire sequence. But Tessa and Scott's footwork and twizzles were also amazing (I think that their twizzles were actually better than Davis and White's because of their control and unison) and there is no comparison between the actual latin feeling between the two and Tessa and Scott's rhumba was miles ahead of Davis and White's.

Shayii
08-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Sorry, question is actually not about the theme, but - Andbody knows Tessa & Scott's middle names? :)

It's Megan and Patrick. :)

I know emdee said she was going to the ex later on this week, but is anybody else planning on going?

iggie
08-20-2012, 08:04 PM
i feel a need to go so i can write about it for my blog and here because right now, everything is piecemeal.

:)

Shayii
08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
i feel a need to go so i can write about it for my blog and here because right now, everything is piecemeal. :)

If you can, please do go! People have been enjoying themselves and I'm sure you will too, and selfishly I wanna read your reports tbh :D.

Sylvia
08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Here's a thread about the CNE show in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84175

iggie
08-20-2012, 08:12 PM
hey shay... have you seen the new high res photos from the ex? one is now my banner (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/). i think you may like that one. and is the rest are found here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63388652@N07/sets/72157631152849104/with/7820582354/).

Shayii
08-20-2012, 09:22 PM
hey shay... have you seen the new high res photos from the ex? one is now my banner (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/). i think you may like that one. and is the rest are found here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63388652@N07/sets/72157631152849104/with/7820582354/).

I saw the pics, but I didn't see the one you chose as your banner. That was actually my favorite of the bunch because of the shadow. Thanks for continuously updating the site Mischa!

iggie
08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
I saw the pics, but I didn't see the one you chose as your banner. That was actually my favorite of the bunch because of the shadow. Thanks for continuously updating the site Mischa!

thanks. i have kept the site updated with news about tessa and scott. as usual, it's in one post, so if anyone feels like they've missed anything or want to see it again, check it out here (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/04/off-season-interviews.html). i feel like i've tracked just about everything they did this summer press wise.