PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Golightly
08-19-2012, 04:29 AM
"IMO, neither Meryl or Charlie are innately musical. That doesn't mean they're not fantastic or highly skilled skaters, because they are. What I mean is that they don't have the ability to play off of one another in the moment. I've never seen them make an adjustment, modify phrases, or use their music to play within the lines during a performance. "

can someone post video links highlighting such?

That's it in a nutshell really. They aren't natural dancers, then again, how many teams these days are? You don't have to be a natural dancer to be a great ice dancer. Davis and White work hard and it shows in every move they make. It's like Rafa Nadal, you see how hard it is. With Virtue and Moir, you hardly ever do. That worked against them last year, for instance.

jl22aries
08-19-2012, 09:21 AM
CNE vids are up:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TubeByJAC?feature=watch

Macassar88
08-19-2012, 04:09 PM
That's it in a nutshell really. They aren't natural dancers, then again, how many teams these days are? You don't have to be a natural dancer to be a great ice dancer. Davis and White work hard and it shows in every move they make. It's like Rafa Nadal, you see how hard it is. With Virtue and Moir, you hardly ever do. That worked against them last year, for instance.

This - and Tessa and Scott are like Roger Federer (meaning that they are the greatest of all time as well :D)
Just look at Scott and Charlie's faces during the lifts - Scott makes it look easy whereas Charlie generally has a look of extreme focus.

Macassar88
08-19-2012, 04:19 PM
CNE vids are up:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TubeByJAC?feature=watch

Thanks a bunch! Just a few comments
I didn't really like the Wide Awake one - I thought that they did everything very nicely, but I don't think that that particular song lends itself well to a pair - I see it more of something that a single skater would skate to in an exhibition.
I loved Ain't No Mountain - it's gotten so much better since they first debuted it. Although I'm a little confused about their outfits. It looks like they were wearing practice outfits instead of their normal costumes. Also, I wonder whether they will continue to put the Goose in their exhibition programs because it isn't as good as it used to be and I've noticed problems multiple times during the actual lift and during the exit.
Also, I finally found something that they do differently! They wave differently - gotta fix that! Otherwise the haters will hate even more! :rofl:

chantilly
08-19-2012, 08:54 PM
So what is the latest info on when we will hear about their programs?

martyross
08-19-2012, 10:24 PM
So what is the latest info on when we will hear about their programs?

someone said at US camp, when Davis/white's pros will be revealed.
but who knows? seems that this year the Canton strategy is being all mysterious. i'm slightly irritated for this, actually.

chantilly
08-19-2012, 11:14 PM
When is US camp.
I imagine that the Canton teams are staying on the down low due to the split. They may have had some last minute tinkering to do. Or even big changes. They have a right to withhold. as eager as I am to learn something. It is odd though like I said it may have to do with the split.

IoanaC
08-19-2012, 11:41 PM
When is US camp.

It's next week, August 21-26.
We might not find out anything about Tessa and Scott's programs until the High Performance Camp, which is in the second week of September, if I remember correctly. I've always wondered why Skate Canada is organizing it so close to the beginning of the GP season. There's not enough time to make any drastic changes to the programs, if needed, especially for ice dancers.

maggylyn
08-20-2012, 12:07 AM
but who knows? seems that this year the Canton strategy is being all mysterious. i'm slightly irritated for this, actually.

I don't think any Canton strategy is new to this year.

Doesn't this anxious waiting for program announcements happen every year? I don't think they've ever revealed anything till the end of August or even September.

lavenderblue
08-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Last year's announcements came in early August. The year before V/M each offered up general program details, if not specific music, in articles in August. But the delay may feel longer this year anyway due to the early leaks/rumors and misinformation for the Canton teams.

maggylyn
08-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Last year's announcements came in early August. The year before V/M each offered up general program details, if not specific music, in articles in August. But the delay may feel longer this year anyway due to the early leaks/rumors and misinformation for the Canton teams.

The delay feels long to me every summer. But you're right, this year does feel longer and it's probably because of the rumors. I think I thought it was normally so late because they're usually some of the last to reveal any music.

Well, if they usually reveal earlier in August, all of a sudden I'm way more anxious than I was 15 minutes ago.

:rofl: :P

l'etoile
08-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Here's some wacky thought: Maybe V/M were already ready for their programs early this off-season and when the "carmen" rumor came in they might have had some second thought and said "Let's go for it." That could explain this delayed revelation!

Just speculating to lighten up the atmosphere:D

iggie
08-20-2012, 12:39 AM
but if they reworked a program, then spending 15 days at the ex and then debuting it at the high performance camp a week later doesn't fit in.

martyross
08-20-2012, 01:34 AM
i was wondering, how comes skaters in general are so careful about revealing their music? since non-top skaters talk about it much earlier, seems like "announcing it at the right time" is an important matter for the top ones. i mean, i understand that the fans can wait etc.. but once the programs is finished, trained, etc, is there a particular reason to hold it for themselves even until late off-season? some psychological reasons perhaps?

DORISPULASKI
08-20-2012, 01:37 AM
Avoiding the embarassment when the fed makes you toss or massively change your program at the Canadian equivalent of Champs Camp (for V&M) or Champs Camp itself for US skaters in Canton? That would motivate me to keep my program choices close to my vest, were I them.