PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

iggie
08-16-2012, 02:46 AM
no finlandia trophy this time. no senior b at all

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/development/highperformance/internationalassignments.aspx

lavenderblue
08-16-2012, 02:50 AM
It seems like that list could potentially still be in progress? I don't expect V/M to compete in a Senior B at all this year, but I'd be a bit surprised if Skate Canada weren't sending anyone from any discipline to Nebelhorn or Finlandia.

flowerpower
08-16-2012, 02:51 AM
no finlandia trophy this time. no senior b at all

Probably not (though SC hasn't assigned anyone to Nebelhorn or Finlandia yet).

iggie
08-16-2012, 03:06 AM
ok. didn't think that they'd publish a half finished list, but what you say makes sense.

flowerpower
08-16-2012, 03:15 AM
They put the list up in a skeleton form (no names filled in) a while back. Now skaters have been assigned to the U.S. Senior B and Ondrej Nepela. Nothing announced yet for Nebelhorn or Finlandia.

iggie
08-16-2012, 03:26 AM
thanks for letting me know.

Shayii
08-16-2012, 05:51 AM
Hey guys my friend, Maritza, made me a V/M montage to Breath of Life by Florence + the Machine because I love the song. Check it out and I hope you guys like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL12jiFdpVI

Golightly
08-16-2012, 06:34 AM
Can I just reiterate that Scott is not the more expressive of the two? I know it's my opinion and you are free to disagree, but Tessa, while more subtle, actually understands the themes a bit better. I think she'd be a great Carmen and it's kind of dismissive to suggest that Scott should probably play Carmen instead. I just don't get the condescension, the "oh, let's see how Tessa handles it". I never will.

The Accordion
08-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Can I just reiterate that Scott is not the more expressive of the two? I know it's my opinion and you are free to disagree, but Tessa, while more subtle, actually understands the themes a bit better. I think she'd be a great Carmen and it's kind of dismissive to suggest that Scott should probably play Carmen instead. I just don't get the condescension, the "oh, let's see how Tessa handles it". I never will.

:cheer: :cheer::swoon::swoon:
I do love them both and think they are both up for the challenge. (sorry for repeating myself - it's the off season)

Shayii
08-16-2012, 07:00 AM
I think its because people are seeing it in terms of their personalities, Scott is obviously extroverted, while Tessa is introverted. People might also feel that Scott might bring it more, it terms of facial expressions. With that said I actually think Tessa will do an amazing job with Carmen (I don't see Scott outshining her) because she killed it in their Latin FD IMO (which is my second favorite program of theirs after Mahler). And the more I think about it, the more I'm changing my mind about the prospect of a Carmen FD.

Emdee
08-16-2012, 11:05 AM
And the more I think about it, the more I'm changing my mind about the prospect of a Carmen FD.

Me too.

In fact I will be disappointed if they choose something else the only good thing will be that we know its a dramatic program.

Cannot wait for season. Unfortunately I will be away walking part of the Camino when the season begins in the first weeks of september with no/little access to email. But I will survive!

clarie
08-16-2012, 12:29 PM
^ Me three :).

I'm getting used to the idea and I think if that's what they've chosen, then they will perform it to the utmost potential with passion and drama. I had been hoping for something sultry and bluesy from them but this type of program will show their connection and beautiful lines and skating skills. Can't wait for the season to begin. This off season seems to be dragging on forever.

Macassar88
08-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Next thing you know, it will be announced that Linichuk and Kustarova are combining forces to choreograph Tessa and Scott's program. And then you'll be sorry that you all wished for the drama. :)

alilou
08-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Me too.

In fact I will be disappointed if they choose something else the only good thing will be that we know its a dramatic program.

Cannot wait for season. Unfortunately I will be away walking part of the Camino when the season begins in the first weeks of september with no/little access to email. But I will survive!
OMG you're walking the Camino!!!! I'd love to do that!

I hated the idea of Carmen. I was soooooo disappointed when I heard, but I too have come around. At least it's something dramatic instead of another love theme. I'm hopeful for something really good (as opposed to N&K's Carmen which I hated). Unlike many posters on FSU I generally love Zoueva's choreo

Judy
08-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Is it confirmed they are doing Carmen or is it a rumour .. where did the rumour come from? Their programs have never been leaked before which is remarkable.