PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Macassar88
08-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't care about Davis and White's music rumors... I want more news about Tessa and Scott!!!

Subway
08-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Obviously, otherwise Marina wouldn't have called upon him. Some of us were just having a bit of fun because it's Margaglio and considering the type of skater he used to be it is a bit amusing. Yeah, it's unavoidably amusing. Margaglio, Mr. Two-Feet? They were so notorious, and now it's her at Novi and him helping Canton. As I was unfamiliar with his post-eligible career, I did want to burst into tears when I read he was the tech consultant. Of course that's irrational. He's not going to direct them to skate YP on blade flats. Others have pointed out that non-star figure skaters have made wonderful coaches. Marina and Igor themselves are examples. F-P and M did have a lot of success considering the popular opinion of his skating, so we can turn it around and decide he was a limited talent with the savvy to maximize his ability and be strategic with his deficits. Not every figure skater is able to have international success without great skating talent. Besides, he did skate when compulsories were important. Even if he'd been a brilliant free dancer they wouldn't have gotten anywhere if they didn't perform the cds well.

iggie
08-11-2012, 08:06 PM

girlscouse62
08-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Perhaps I am more than a little Polly anna in my approach. I dont understand why people think last season was a bust. They won everything they competed in except GPF. Doesnt matter to me if I dont particularly care for their choice of music. The point is, it is their's. They skate magically, imho, even when they make mistakes. I'm just so happy that they continue to compete, and I can continue to watch. I know, I know, way to simplistic and unsophisticated! :o

martyross
08-11-2012, 09:30 PM
They skate magically, imho, even when they make mistakes. I'm just so happy that they continue to compete, and I can continue to watch.

yea, this is the key.. for me, every performance of Funny face has been fabolous, each one with something different in it. they are more than marvellous for me. that talent is so rare, precious..
i know that nitpicking on Scott's hair or tie is probably just a way to be a fan, but sometimes it is too much... :P

clarie
08-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Funny Face was not a popular choice by lots of their fans, but I'll bet my bonnet, not a single team out there could have done such a magnificent program to that music as they did. Whatever they choose to do this year will have the same magic they normally infuse into their programs. I'm not worried........I just want some news lol :)

And thank you BKfan I'm glad to be back and catching up. Have a great holiday Pani

Subway
08-11-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't mean to overly nitpick but there's no evidence about FF not being popular. It's just fsu, or, if you like, a collection of internet fans that cross-post, who criticized it. When I go to youtube the enthusiasm for this team is unabated. "We" are not the world. :)

maggylyn
08-11-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't mean to overly nitpick but there's no evidence about FF not being popular. It's just fsu, or, if you like, a collection of internet fans that cross-post, who criticized it. When I go to youtube the enthusiasm for this team is unabated. "We" are not the world. :)

Thank you. :)

I loved FF from the beginning. No complaints here about that particular choice. The critics don't speak for this particular fan.

Macassar88
08-12-2012, 12:29 AM
yea, this is the key.. for me, every performance of Funny face has been fabolous, each one with something different in it. they are more than marvellous for me. that talent is so rare, precious..
i know that nitpicking on Scott's hair or tie is probably just a way to be a fan, but sometimes it is too much... :P

I know that I do this a lot, but it's more in jest than it is in criticism. I agree that we are all blessed that Tessa and Scott didn't retire after Vancouver or have a huge slump.
And I loved FF from the start.

girlscouse62
08-12-2012, 07:52 AM
I just watched the 2010 world's CD and realized all over again how much I really miss the compulsories. I know it was harder for the skaters (according to T/S) but they were so good at them, and always a treat to watch. Also watched 2008 4CC YP and they were brilliant

nuge
08-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah, it's unavoidably amusing. Margaglio, Mr. Two-Feet? ant. Even if he'd been a brilliant free dancer they wouldn't have gotten anywhere if they didn't perform the cds well.

Yes and don't forget FP/M beat N/K and won the CD in Torino :rofl:

marbri
08-12-2012, 04:35 PM
For the record IŽd take FP/M over N/K any day.

Sonata
08-12-2012, 05:19 PM

We're not the world - we're the universe!

Just kidding.

I really enjoyed FF at Finlandia. It had kind of a ballroom feel to it, maybe because of the costume. I missed having that ballroom feel as the season progressed, but I also appreciated the subtleties in the choreography and technical skill required more as the season progressed also.

IoanaC
08-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Marbri, good to see you're back.:)

Golightly
08-14-2012, 02:44 AM
Have they confirmed Carmen?