PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
08-07-2012, 05:54 PM
As if the judges even care about that...
Anyway, my favorite Giselle of recent years was Yuna's SP warmup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v3ON0Rvi2s

Yes. I love this SP. But its more dark, then Nakano had. I like Nakano Giselle too. This must ne charming SD. :)
Look like D-W ubers think icenetwork didnt post truth about there FD. So maybe they made changes already. ;)

martyross
08-07-2012, 07:20 PM
maybe figure skating fans should realize that "drama and voidness" is NOT in the agenda of most of the coaches, especially Zueva, and put their mind at rest on this. COP rewards certain moves, and over-packed routines, speed, millimetric precision, etc. so why bother being original and interesting?
missing the old school of mother russia!

pani
08-07-2012, 07:24 PM
maybe figure skating fans should realize that "drama and voidness" is NOT in the agenda of most of the coaches, especially Zueva, and put their mind at rest on this. COP rewards certain moves, and over-packed routines, speed, millimetric precision, etc. so why bother being original and interesting?
missing the old school of mother russia!

Did you miss it? What about "mother Russia style" from W-P?
I think we are lucky to have G-P, Lane Razgulyevs who try to made something not so old and classical. The truth is Sinatra - its before voidy Russia style :D

SaltyDog
08-07-2012, 08:43 PM

Pratfall
08-07-2012, 11:51 PM
:) You know , I haven't been saying much..just watching the fun..;)

When Carmen was first mentioned , I raised my eyebrows along with everyone else..for about five minutes. Carmen has been used so often, yes , but so seldom to good effect. If they are using Carmen, I expect it to be a Carmen for the ages. It could become the Carmen that every other Carmen is compared to , or tries to live up to.

To those who foolishly claim Zueva can't choreograph passion, I have one word..Farrucas.

Too much void , which is what we have seen most of the time, as each couple tries to out -void the next , is a terrible turn-off to me.

iggie
08-08-2012, 01:10 AM
ok... i'm done chatting about the music right now. i just want to mention here that i finished two new interviews:

stephan potopnyk (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/08/off-season-lounge-stephan-potopnyk.html) - photographer for skate canada and ifs (international figure skating magazine)

melanie hoyt (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/07/off-season-lounge-melanie-hoyt.html) - Assistant Administrator & Managing Editor, Chief Canadian Correspondent for ice-dance.com

Bournekraatzfan
08-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the music info pani + others.

Just my two cents; I don't think V&M are the problem rather it's what Marina will or won't do with the music that might be the issue.

Both Marina and Igor (well V&M fans are probably more concerned with Marina since she is now their only coach) have in the past have been responsible for some wonderful choreography but in the past few years they (like many other coaches) have been mostly going for the more generic route focusing more on how to collect as many points as possible. Creativity for the time being has been shelved. Well except for P&B and they aren't exactly being viewed as contenders for gold or silver. Half the time many don't even see them as bronze medal contenders.

It is possible for team V&M to come up with an amazing program that could put a different spin on Carmen but honestly I just don't think it was likely given the current trend in icedance post Vancouver.

That said it seems that the Carmen info was false? I'm really curious now.

lol, I was just going to post and ask, "what does Carmen Ovsiannikov think about all this Carmen business?". interesting points. I have to say that I am inclined to agree with a lot of what aka_gerbil said regarding P&B. They have such quality to their edges and, IMO, their unison and management of the space between them is better than all the other teams except for V&M. The latter two should be reflected in their P/E mark. And, as aka_gerbil noted, they were hitting their levels last season in the SD when Z/S's teams were not. I thought Zhulin opined that they deserved 2nd place in the SD at Worlds. I think they will do a great job with the music of "The Rolling Stones" and I am curious to see how they are scored relative to the top two teams.

Given that Giselle is a ballet, if I were D/W, I would not be wanting to invoke a comparison to Tessa in that area, given her extensive ballet training...

I was wondering the same thing in the D&W thread. I adore D&W and will enjoy just about anything they skate because it's them, but I am less than enthused with this music selection for the very reason you mentioned. They have so many strengths that the YP could highlight...I am just hoping that the person who provided this info was mistaken. I think they'll do a great job with the FD, though.

I have really fallen for C&L this past season. They have improved so much and I look forward to seeing their new programs. I wasn't exactly thrilled when I heard they were doing Carmen for the same reasons I wasn't exactly thrilled when I heard Tessa and Scott might be using this music, but I am warming to the idea. Anna strikes me as someone who would make a great Carmen. She gives so much with her face. I hope that if V&M are in fact doing Carmen, the music selections for the two teams are quite different.

I really wish PJ would release Tessa and Scott's music info already! As much as I want/ed blues or something in the vein of PF for them next season, this thread has made me more excited about the prospect of Carmen for these two. Everything they do has such texture, which would really make Carmen come alive. And I like fierce Tessa+vampire Scott:)

Also, welcome, Candace, and welcome back girlscouse62, Pratfall, HSGP21, Shayii, manhn, Golightly and others. and maggylyn, nice to see you posting more often:). and thanks for the updates, iggie!

Bournekraatzfan
08-08-2012, 06:12 AM
Catching Up With…Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir – Summer 2012
http://pjkwong.com/?p=1253

PJ post on her twitter

And look like she will post Piper and Paul FD on youtube. Yahooo!

Also Pani she said they confirmed one rumor, but not another and that she'll email them to see if she can release it. I've only heard the Carmen rumor so I don't know what the other one could be.

I agree Scott seemed more somber while Tessa seemed animated. I hope he's fine mind, body, and soul.

Thanks for these:)

And happy birthday, Macassar88!

pani
08-08-2012, 08:50 AM
ok... i'm done chatting about the music right now. i just want to mention here that i finished two new interviews:

stephan potopnyk (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/08/off-season-lounge-stephan-potopnyk.html) - photographer for skate canada and ifs (international figure skating magazine)

melanie hoyt (http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2012/07/off-season-lounge-melanie-hoyt.html) - Assistant Administrator & Managing Editor, Chief Canadian Correspondent for ice-dance.com

Thank you for your amazing job! :)

And happy birthday, Macassar88!
Happy birthday, Macassar88! All the best to you - stay happy and healthy! And hope you will have presentsto day, wich you want to get the most! Have a nice day.

One note. Did you saw reaction on D-W Fd music? Could you imaging what FSU will made with V-M, if they will choose something like this for FD? :) But there choice could be even worst - who know?
As for ballet. Guys, Tessa will never have ballet FD, hip-hop, because this will show there strenghts over there friends. Like Shibs will never have with Marina FD, wich will show how Alex could dance (look Call me maybe clip - how Charlie and Alex dancing), becasue this will show Shibs could be better then D-W in some areas.
The plan for now - D-W and V-M are the same level skaters and even D-M are better, because they could be faster.

Emdee
08-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Who will be going to Canadian Nationals.
After getting stuff worked on the banner - not ready yet - I find that I will be on vacation friday to Sunday and for the two weeks after. So I can go on the thursday but not after that. I will need someone to take the banner to Canadians and return it back to me for worlds.

Macassar88
08-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Actually the first thing I did for my birthday was to watch some prior Tessa and Scott performances lol
And I really hope we get a music reveal!!

Emdee
08-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Happy Birthday Macassar - hope its a good one!

Shayii
08-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Happy bday macassar88, hope you had a great one!! Was there a reason you thought they would release their music today or were you just hoping for your bday?

On fanforum I had said that it looked like both D/W and V/M were doing a program the other might do to show they can do what the other does.

Thanks for the web update iggie, keep up the good work!

And thanks for doing the poster emdee I hope you find somebody that can take it to Canadians for you.

aka_gerbil
08-09-2012, 05:16 AM
Happy Birthday, Macassar! I hope you've had a fantastic day. :)

Macassar88
08-09-2012, 06:08 AM
Hey guys so I had an amazing birthday!! Unfortunately no music release though.
The reason why I mentioned it being today is that they released their music choices last season on August 8 as well.