PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

girlscouse62
08-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi everyone:) if I may join your conversation, may I just say that he has looked sad ever since the split with Jessica imho. I love Bizet and I really don't care what they dance to, just as long as they continue to skate and I can watch.

HSGP21
08-06-2012, 04:03 PM
He doesn't seem sad... he just seems more calm. He seems to know that he has run his mouth and been scrutinized for it, so why not let newly confident and always articulate Tessa do the lions-share of the talking :)

pani
08-06-2012, 04:13 PM
He doesn't seem sad... he just seems more calm. He seems to know that he has run his mouth and been scrutinized for it, so why not let newly confident and always articulate Tessa do the lions-share of the talking :)

:lol: Maybe after GPF Marina didnt let him talk. I like your point.
But idea about Jess look realistck too.

aka_gerbil
08-06-2012, 04:27 PM

Shared brain! There's nothing about Scott's demeanor at all that struck me as sad. I was going to say "less high-strung", "less wound-up", or "more settled" but calm works too. ;)

I do wish they'd shared their music selections though.

pani
08-06-2012, 04:56 PM
PJ post on her twitter

I hope so too - I asked about music/choreo but they didn't clear releasing it yet with Marina Zoueva - I respect that!

And look like she will post Piper and Paul FD on youtube. Yahooo!

Shayii
08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
PJ post on her twitter

And look like she will post Piper and Paul FD on youtube. Yahooo!
Also Pani she said they confirmed one rumor, but not another and that she'll email them to see if she can release it. I've only heard the Carmen rumor so I don't know what the other one could be.

I agree Scott seemed more somber while Tessa seemed animated. I hope he's fine mind, body, and soul.

Macassar88
08-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I hope they wait until Wednesday so they can release on my birthday again. That would be an amazing birthday present!

pani
08-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Also Pani she said they confirmed one rumor, but not another and that she'll email them to see if she can release it. I've only heard the Carmen rumor so I don't know what the other one could be.

I agree Scott seemed more somber while Tessa seemed animated. I hope he's fine mind, body, and soul.

Thanks! I am intrigued :) Did anyone heard other rumors? :rolleyes:
Cant wait to know - what was the othe rumor :D

I hope they wait until Wednesday so they can release on my birthday again. That would be an amazing birthday present!

Hope you will get great birthday present ;)

martyross
08-06-2012, 09:57 PM
ugh, why so much mistery on a piece of music, every year top skaters act like primadonna's :D

Carmen Ovsiannikov
08-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Yes, but does that mean the expectation is that V/M aren't capable of doing something excellent with Carmen? Or is it the music selection itself that is expected to bomb regardless of quality of program?

Just my two cents; I don't think V&M are the problem rather it's what Marina will or won't do with the music that might be the issue.

Both Marina and Igor (well V&M fans are probably more concerned with Marina since she is now their only coach) have in the past have been responsible for some wonderful choreography but in the past few years they (like many other coaches) have been mostly going for the more generic route focusing more on how to collect as many points as possible. Creativity for the time being has been shelved. Well except for P&B and they aren't exactly being viewed as contenders for gold or silver. Half the time many don't even see them as bronze medal contenders.

It is possible for team V&M to come up with an amazing program that could put a different spin on Carmen but honestly I just don't think it was likely given the current trend in icedance post Vancouver.

That said it seems that the Carmen info was false? I'm really curious now.

ugh, why so much mistery on a piece of music, every year top skaters act like primadonna's :D

I don't know if it's the same now as it was years ago but I recall that the top teams almost never released their program info until the end of summer/mid fall. I wonder if there is some fear that other teams would steal their music. We've seen in the past some teams accused of lifting music from another.

iggie
08-07-2012, 03:15 AM
Just my two cents; I don't think V&M are the problem rather it's what Marina will or won't do with the music that might be the issue.

Both Marina and Igor (well V&M fans are probably more concerned with Marina since she is now their only coach) have in the past have been responsible for some wonderful choreography but in the past few years they (like many other coaches) have been mostly going for the more generic route focusing more on how to collect as many points as possible. Creativity for the time being has been shelved. Well except for P&B and they aren't exactly being viewed as contenders for gold or silver. Half the time many don't even see them as bronze medal contenders.

It is possible for team V&M to come up with an amazing program that could put a different spin on Carmen but honestly I just don't think it was likely given the current trend in icedance post Vancouver.

That said it seems that the Carmen info was false? I'm really curious now.

isn't that a reason to mock any music tessa and scott choose? what does a perfect music selection mean if you feel like that?

manhn
08-07-2012, 03:17 AM
Aren't C&L being coached by Igor now? So, why is there this belief that C&L's Carmen will be so new and different and voidy and original and dark and unique?

Shayii
08-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Aren't C&L being coached by Igor now? So, why is there this belief that C&L's Carmen will be so new and different and voidy and original and dark and unique?
I haven't really seen anybody here with that opinion. Elsewhere people have said C/L might have a better interpretation because of their on ice personalities. But IDK, most people that feel V/M can't show a good interpretation of Carmen are probably the ones that feel the only programs they've ever done/are capable of doing are dooey love programs.

pingu
08-07-2012, 07:22 AM

Because Marina is not going to choreograph it? Igor is just their technical coach, they do choreos with Paola Mezzadri and Ludmilla Vlasova.

pani
08-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I think Paola Mezzadri and Ludmilla Vlasova did great job with italian teams in the past and with Anna and Luca. And Vlasova made great job with programs on classical music. And "Carmen" will suite to C-L snf they will made great job with this music. But did this made "Carmen" less overused?
I cant understand, why people try to down Zoueva work every time. I mean OK, V-M had all time bad programs in FSU opinion, but lets talk about did Paola Mezzadri and Ludmilla Vlasova did programs, wich most people considering like best FDs of the season? But all talked last season D-W FD was masterpice and the best FD of the season. What about Indian OD form D-W? Wasnt this program unique and very interesting? What about "Samson and Dalilah"? So why Zouva couldnt made good program on classical music? I think she made better programs on classical music, then pure dancing programs (IMHO). And yes, i am crazy uber, but didnt you realy think somebody will be better, then Scott in Carmen? :lol: Let use oveused :scream:
And i cant understand, how Igor become from such a bad coach and choreograhfer, best politican in ice dancing into best coach and choreograhfer ever? :D Yes, he is one of the best today, but before people try to down him every time.
Didnt all teams, who went with Igor, made choreo before split with both Marina and Igor? Didnt D-W did SD with both of them? And didnt made the same Shibs? So will this be clear in this season, who is better? For me they were better together.

As for music choice. Now, when Meryl said they will say in few weeks, so V-M will made the same.
And maybe PJ talked about D-M Malanguenia rumors?