PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

sap5
07-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Although now that I remember it, D/L had costumes that were in a similar style to V/M's in 2007. And was their program similar? I was never a fan of D/L, so I must have been on a fridge break.... ;) I'll stick with PF as an example.

Shayii
07-27-2012, 07:38 PM
thanks. but when you think about, tessa and scott's version of what that means is really than everyone else's.

funny face
- different music? check. forget their own resume, in which funny face would be different. no one has skated to funny face before in ice dance.
- different forms of art and dance? check. see the jazz section, especially the original
- did it try to push the sport? yes. many people had to work to appreciate it. many couldn't. it was definitely out there and to get their vibe, you needed a push.

so if funny face can meet that criteria, so can carmen.
Yea that's true. I'm thinking when they say push the boundaries, it's more on a personal level and maybe/hopefully it'll spill over to pushing the boundaries of ice dance in general. With that said I still hope it isn't Carmen (for the FD anyways); I have personal reasons why I don't want it to be, it's not fair, but I can't help it. Also a part of me is already being protective, seeing the criticisms they will get if they use, lol I mean there already are criticisms. But lets just see what happens I guess, we should know about their programs by the end of August, I think.

iggie
07-27-2012, 07:42 PM
i feel you shay

Bournekraatzfan
07-28-2012, 06:48 AM
just to clarify something in a post i made earlier: I wasn't saying that voidy or OTT=creative. I just meant that the specificity of the requirements of IJS can stifle creativity in that only particular steps and or holds and positions are allowed if you wish to obtain a level 3 or 4. For example, if you want a level 4 on your footwork, you must have 5 of 6 (established) difficult turns (counter, rocker, outside mohawk, choctaw, bracket, double twizzle) plus extra features (some of which you could get a little more creative with) all with 3 changes of hold (with recognized holds being kilian, foxtrot, and waltz/tango). That is a lot to think about when designing a step sequence. But I think it can also force choreographers and coaches to get really creative in order to produce something original/memorable and distinguish their team from the rest...they just don't have as much latitude as teams and choreographers did in the old days. I love the new system, though, and have loved so very many of the programs produced under this system.

thanks walei.

i'm also just curious to see some great ice dancing. i just saw k/o's tango and carmen, and i enjoyed them.

great ice dancing, indeed. That tango for me was the best of the day, a day of so many wicked tangos. And their FD that year, Masquerade Waltz, was my favourite FD of their entire competitive career (which I wish had been longer).

I don't think this was posted here (thanks to Kathleen for finding it and posting it on the facebook page). It's an interview I think Tessa and Scott did after worlds. There's really nothing new in there, but they say they would like to defend their ogm. Anyways here's the link: www.bryanborzykowski.com/reviewspring.pdf

Thank you, Shayii. And thanks, too, for identifying the photos that appear in this thread. You have an excellent memory, and I really appreciate context.

and thanks for the interview links, lavenderblue and others.

...It speaks more to society's warped perception of what is a normal, healthy size than anything else... IMO, if someone looks at ANY picture out there of Tessa at all and thinks she's fat, they've got problems...

ITA. I have read some really jacked up things about the weights and bodies of female ice dancers, and I too find it sad and ridiculous.

If V/M are doing Carmen for their FD, I'm wondering if they might be doing the Carmen Suite (ballet) instead of Carmen, the opera? There were several people on here that wished to see them do a ballet, so maybe that wouldn't be so bad?

My initial reaction to this music choice wasn't very enthusiastic, but reading the various responses here has changed my mind somewhat; if they are indeed skating to Carmen, we could see something really cool and different. I would be very happy if they chose to do the suite, as I am one of those who wishes to see them do a ballet FD.

also, I was thinking about twinktwink, PashaFan, allezfred, and our other (real:P) London friends today--I wonder what it must be like for you all now that the Olympics have arrived. I hope the city is not too chaotic and that this time is enjoyable.

iggie
07-28-2012, 09:44 PM
off to watch Masquerade Waltz... again. i'm enjoying watching these past performances. i'm appreciating ice dance in a new way.

Macassar88
07-29-2012, 06:30 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Ay_O5QGCQAAy5u2.jpg
https://p.twimg.com/Ay_PfidCcAE1BU7.jpg
New pics of Tessa and Scott!
From PJ Kwong's twitter

pani
07-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Happy to hear that W/P are working with Allison Holker for their FD; sad because that's just the sort of thing I wanted for V/M this season!

Hope whatever V/M are doing, it turns out to be awesome.

Who she (Allison Holker) is? Very interesting to see what W-P will show next season after so many people love "Malade" FD.

As for "Carmen". I find this interesting. Do you remeber last season at first was rumors W-P will skate to "La Strada", then D-W made announcment they will use "La Strada" for FD and then C-L made the same. But D-W changed FD after USA tests. So if V-M will have the same music with C-L they will change it? :D
I also find interesting - did Shpilband had information about V-M FD music? ;)
For me "Carmen" will be ;)good choice - Scott will be the best :rolleyes: I also think this music will suite to Anna and Luka and they will show great FD :)
But i am sure D-W will not take "Malanguenia", because this is Igor music, not Marina ;)

https://p.twimg.com/Ay_O5QGCQAAy5u2.jpg
https://p.twimg.com/Ay_PfidCcAE1BU7.jpg
New pics of Tessa and Scott!
From PJ Kwong's twitter

Thanks! Best looking ice dance team!

Macassar88
07-29-2012, 06:56 PM
They are definitely the best looking ice dance team by far. Current and former

Macassar88
07-29-2012, 07:22 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Ay_aeagCQAI-BFv.jpg:large
Another pic
I guess they're doing fluffs now for the season! I'm so excited!

pani
07-29-2012, 07:29 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Ay_aeagCQAI-BFv.jpg:large
Another pic
I guess they're doing fluffs now for the season! I'm so excited!

Yes -
On shooting great prep stuff for CBC's skating coveragE next season! P. J. Kwong
Hope PJ will made some pre-season interview with Tessa and Scott.

twinktwink
07-29-2012, 08:17 PM
also, I was thinking about twinktwink, PashaFan, allezfred, and our other (real:P) London friends today--I wonder what it must be like for you all now that the Olympics have arrived. I hope the city is not too chaotic and that this time is enjoyable.

That's so sweet of you BKF :) I'm sorry I've been missing from the thread for a while but I've been crazy busy the last few weeks with work and getting ready for the Olympics. I had the Olympic flame come right outside my house!!! It was a magical experience and I was almost in tears because I was so overcome with emotion.

I was ready to burst by the time Friday night arrived and was choked up quite a few times during the opening ceremony. Did any of you see it? If so did you like it, I'd love to know what the rest of the world thought of it. I loved it and am so proud of my country right now, even more than usual lol. I'm heading to Wimbledon for the day tomorrow to watch the tennis and am so excited!!

I've been reading the thread and catching up with everything and I love that at first everyone was freaking out slightly at the idea of Carmen (have to admit that I had a mini heart attack about it) but then as the days went by some were thinking about it more and more and getting excited to see what they'd do with a piece of music like that :) Got to say that the off season is killing me now though and its only the Olympics that will keep me going while we wait to find out what is happening with Tessa and Scott.

pani
07-29-2012, 08:18 PM
That's so sweet of you BKF :) I'm sorry I've been missing from the thread for a while but I've been crazy busy the last few weeks with work and getting ready for the Olympics. I had the Olympic flame come right outside my house!!! It was a magical experience and I was almost in tears because I was so overcome with emotion.

I was ready to burst by the time Friday night arrived and was choked up quite a few times during the opening ceremony. Did any of you see it? If so did you like it, I'd love to know what the rest of the world thought of it. I loved it and am so proud of my country right now, even more than usual lol. I'm heading to Wimbledon for the day tomorrow to watch the tennis and am so excited!!

I've been reading the thread and catching up with everything and I love that at first everyone was freaking out slightly at the idea of Carmen (have to admit that I had a mini heart attack about it) but then as the days went by some were thinking about it more and more and getting excited to see what they'd do with a piece of music like that :) Got to say that the off season is killing me now though and its only the Olympics that will keep me going while we wait to find out what is happening with Tessa and Scott.

Lucky you! :) Have a great time!

twinktwink
07-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Lucky you! :) Have a great time!

Thankyou!! :D

Macassar88
07-29-2012, 11:20 PM
If they announce their music the same time this year as they did last year, we should only have to wait ten more days!!

pani
07-30-2012, 09:13 AM
If they announce their music the same time this year as they did last year, we should only have to wait ten more days!!

But they could change music, like D-W did last year ;)
Look, like people sure they will use "Carmen"