PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Golightly
07-24-2012, 02:55 AM
I think voting to save V-M goes against the very essence of the poll. If one is objective, which I tried to be, V-M should end their run this round. Not because they are not as great as the others, mind you; but because, and this is my humble opinion, the others had better material. Not their fault, obviously, but that era was SO creative. This one pales in comparison. It's so easy to remember what we didn't like, the things that went wrong, the unfairness. But how about how great it was? How COMPETITIVE it was in terms of quality and creativity? So, I did vote for Tessa and Scott for this one.

Macassar88
07-24-2012, 03:07 AM
I have to disagree.
I think that in terms of danceability and raw ability, Tessa and Scott are unrivaled. On top of that they are amazing technicians with great bladework. The fact that they can showcase artistry in this era of demanding tech gives them the win for me.
I agree that their material hasn't always been the best, but I have to say that they pull off non-dramatic performances better than any of the other teams.

Proustable
07-24-2012, 03:14 AM
I think voting to save V-M goes against the very essence of the poll. If one is objective, which I tried to be, V-M should end their run this round. Not because they are not as great as the others, mind you; but because, and this is my humble opinion, the others had better material. Not their fault, obviously, but that era was SO creative. This one pales in comparison. It's so easy to remember what we didn't like, the things that went wrong, the unfairness. But how about how great it was? How COMPETITIVE it was in terms of quality and creativity? So, I did vote for Tessa and Scott for this one.

I'm not sure I'd agree, but I'm fine with V/M going out now. All good things must come to an end, and all that jazz.

Emdee
07-24-2012, 06:36 AM
I also dont agree- T&S are still very very young - we barely saw the body of work of the other greats until they had already matured.

Shayii
07-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Happy to hear that W/P are working with Allison Holker for their FD; sad because that's just the sort of thing I wanted for V/M this season!

Hope whatever V/M are doing, it turns out to be awesome.
I like Kaitlyn and Andrew and I'm curious to see what direction they go in after je suis malade. Allison was my second favorite girl after Donyelle in their season of sytycd.

I also dont agree- T&S are still very very young - we barely saw the body of work of the other greats until they had already matured.
And we only have two more seasons to enjoy them :(.

Thanks for the website updates Misha! :)

Bournekraatzfan
07-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Thanks so much for the welcome back, Shayii and Golightly:) I have missed this thread (and you all) so much! I have finally caught up on all the posts and I have to say that it is wonderful that this thread is so active in the off season. I love reading so many different perspectives on all things V&M. btw, thanks for letting us know about the updated website, Shayii. and thank you marikat for the seminar pics--what I would give to receive instruction from these two.

Emdee, thank you so much for all the work you have done on the V&M banner! I love the photo you selected and can't wait to see the finished product!

Speaking of photos, Danielle daniskates93, your work is just gorgeous, and I really enjoyed looking through your photos. I love the moments you captured; your photos really enriched my experience of Tessa and Scott's programs as they heightened my awareness of certain body shapes, gestures, and spatial details. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome work with us, and I look forward to seeing more! Also, great interview with iggie--such insightful answers!

Thanks so much for creating/maintaining such an amazing blog, iggie. I have not come across another that explores so many facets of the skating...music, photography, montages. really cool. I wonder, if you are interested, if we might be able to track down one of Tessa's costume designers?

I can't wait to see Tessa and Scott's new programs and hear everyone's thoughts on them. I really hope we get official word soon.

I am trying to go the the EX to see them in August, and if I do I will report back on the skating and the deep-fried butter! Perhaps I will see some of you there?

Okay, it is late July and I still find myself humming or whistling the music to FF--I am obsessed! I love that there is a gif that captures one of my favourite moments in this FD:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwakt43G1A1qhf86vo1_500.gif

Sorry for backtracking. hope you are all enjoying (or at least surviving) the off season!:)

Emdee
07-24-2012, 11:08 AM
BKFan, I am planning to go Sunday August 19th if you want to meet.
Any other fans want to plan a fan get together on that date?

Macassar88
07-24-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm going to try to get myself there but it's a really long drive
But it would be cool if a bunch of us could meet up or something.

Twilight1
07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Is Carmen confirmed or just rumour? I would have thought D&W would have tackled that one as it is a bit more dramatic but their are so many pieces in that music that if V&M do do it, then I think they are broadening their scope in dance really well.

I am interested to see how Tessa interprets it. Not my favourite choice but when a skaters skate that piece well, it is really wonderful to watch (aka Witt, Cohen, K&O)

Subway
07-24-2012, 03:29 PM

Couldn't disagree more about your ideas of quality and creativity.

Golightly
07-24-2012, 04:39 PM

That is fair enough, but as I said, it is my opinion. Again, I am not saying Virtue and Moir are lesser skaters. At all. On the contrary, I believe they belong up there with the very best in history. I just think that this era has lagged behind in terms of creativity. I feel the new system has hurt the sport in that sense.

martyross
07-24-2012, 05:06 PM

let me guess.. quality and creativity = Zueva. correct? :lol:;)

martyross
07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
i'm ready to bet that "Carmen" was a joke.
btw I don't really find Krylova over-the-top in that magnificent program. as a matter of fact a below-the-top Carmen doesn't even exist. it's in her nature of instinctual, demonic creature.
i wish all the darn Carmens of figure skating looked more like that, instead of the silly cliché of the hot gipsy woman or the macho torero.
For Bizet just used these figures to convey a more universal meaning on human nature, and i'm happy to sense this while watching Krylova and Ovsiannikov.

Golightly
07-24-2012, 06:00 PM
i'm ready to bet that "Carmen" was a joke.
btw I don't really find Krylova over-the-top in that magnificent program. as a matter of fact a below-the-top Carmen doesn't even exist. it's in her nature of instinctual, demonic creature.
i wish all the darn Carmens of figure skating looked more like that, instead of the silly cliché of the hot gipsy woman or the macho torero.
For Bizet just used these figures to convey a more universal meaning on human nature, and i'm happy to sense this while watching Krylova and Ovsiannikov.

EXACTLY! That program got Carmen.

HSGP21
07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Totally random...but are there video clips of small medal ceremonies from 2011 worlds??? I have seen 2010, 2009 and 2012...