PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Macassar88
07-15-2012, 05:05 PM
That is astonishingly beautiful. The artist should totally find a way to show that to them. Gorgeous.

By the day, I was listening to Masquerade just a couple of days ago. Yes. Yes. Yes. I'd pay the big bucks to see that.

I feel like they could do an amazing masquerade, but I feel like they could do an amazing dance to the sound of a woman giving birth...
Anyway, I feel like Masquerade Waltz is beautiful, but I'd want them to challenge themselves more with a piece that has more of a rise and fall.
I could definitely see Davis and White using it in Sochi with much success (and a rehash of DF)

Macassar88
07-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Also gotta say that I rewatched their car commercial and I think it's the sweetest thing. Scott is so cute driving the car. :swoon:

Golightly
07-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I feel like they could do an amazing masquerade, but I feel like they could do an amazing dance to the sound of a woman giving birth...
Anyway, I feel like Masquerade Waltz is beautiful, but I'd want them to challenge themselves more with a piece that has more of a rise and fall.
I could definitely see Davis and White using it in Sochi with much success (and a rehash of DF)

Yeah, but it's clear that innovation is looked down upon these days, so bah, throw a waltz in there, show they're much better at it. It'd be riskier for D-W to tackle Masquerade. Then again, they don't seem to go for range like V-M do.

lauravvv
07-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah, but it's clear that innovation is looked down upon these days, so bah, throw a waltz in there, show they're much better at it.That was not the main reason why I thought of a dramatic waltz, though. I jut had this very strong vision of Tessa and Scott waltzing to, yes, 'Masquerade', or something very similar. But then I forgot about it, and when I remembered about the idea that I had I had forgotten about the music :shuffle:.

Rafter
07-15-2012, 08:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Of course Eric Bompard doesn't sponsor V/M, neither does Rostelecom. My point is that a website is like a resume/ad for the team. If I'm a company looking to sponsor someone, I'd want to make sure I pick someone with a professional team who is going to handle my money right. V/M as athletes are certainly doing their part by winning medals, but their PR team has got to be on top of all the other parts of their image. If they misspell things like "Eric Bompard" or forget that Cup of Russia is really Rostelecom, how do I know they won't misspell my corporate name on some V/M flyer I'm paying good money for?

Isn't Rostelecom commonly known as/referred to as Cup of Russia? Again, semantics. :blah:

I worked in marketing and sponsorship for over 10 years for a major international company and can tell you that anyone sponsoring an athlete or anything else is going to require approval of and sign-off on logo use/name use before anything being officially published on any flyer, website, PPT, etc.

Rafter
07-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Bad PR? Who are these people? Mike Tyson? Relax. I don't see the big deal with the website either. I bet they don't even care about having one, and that's perfectly fine to me.

:lol:

HSGP21
07-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Iggie you should email their new agent and ask if you can email him some questions for Tessa and Scott as an off-season interview of sorts for your blog! Worth a try!

Emdee
07-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Pani,
I read on the other thread that ATS twitted and said the V&M were invited to Korea but they had a prior engagement at home.

IoanaC
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Iggie you should email their new agent and ask if you can email him some questions for Tessa and Scott as an off-season interview of sorts for your blog! Worth a try!

That's a great idea! It was mentioned, if I'm not confusing things, that someone close to them (Kate Virtue, I think) knew about Iggie's blog - so they probably know about it too.

Macassar88
07-17-2012, 09:09 PM
So apparently Tessa and Scott are skating to Carmen for their FD :scream::scream::scream::yikes::yikes::yikes:
I guess they figure that the apocalypse is coming before worlds anyway so there's no use in being creative.

Candace
07-17-2012, 09:14 PM
So apparently Tessa and Scott are skating to Carmen for their FD :scream::scream::scream::yikes::yikes::yikes:
I guess they figure that the apocalypse is coming before worlds anyway so there's no use in being creative.

I think it will be much better than skating to the sounds of someone giving birth. Seriously, I think they'll make it work for them.

Emdee
07-17-2012, 09:15 PM
O ye of little faith!

Maybe they have a new Carmen... a hip hop carmen? A techno carmen?
a rock and roll carmen.... it could be Carmen revisited.

Of just maybe they read what Golightly said and felt they may as well throw in a war horse for good measure.

If it is indeed Carmen I am looking for the hotness of Farrucas!

professordeb
07-17-2012, 09:16 PM

Where did you find this info? Just curious and if it's true then I'm with you in both :scream: and :yikes:
Seriously, with all the music that is out there and they choose Carmen?

aka_gerbil
07-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Where did you find this info? Just curious and if it's true then I'm with you in both :scream: and :yikes:
Seriously, with all the music that is out there and they choose Carmen?

Right now, it's just a rumor from Aunt Joyce. It was posted in the program thread in GSD.

I've posted a few of my thoughts in the GSD thread, but if true, I'm disappointed. It's also a strange choice for them given that they've always prided themselves on original music choices...

Macassar88
07-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Well I think it would be really funny if it turned out to be Karmin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8cbak34DR0)