PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Proustable
07-14-2012, 01:09 AM
The website has been updated to show all 4 Myra Klarman shoots, including previously unreleased photos.

The black-and-white photo from the September 2009 set with Tessa leaning back and Scott holding her hands to his face.... so so so beautiful.

Emdee
07-14-2012, 01:48 AM
The pictures are absolutely lovely.

We have been so fortunate these last few days to feast on Dani's pictures and now these!

zilam98
07-14-2012, 01:55 AM
You're entitled to your feelings.

However, I'm sure it is not "perfectly fine" for any future sponsor interested in this team. Looking over their website would be one of the basic starting points for assessing the possibilities of sponsoring them.

hehehe somehow the word sponsoring and the idea of sponsoring a team remind me of the hunger games ;)

pani
07-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Happy they post all Myra Klarman photos! :)
So look like this season Tessa and Scott will not take part in "B" competitions. I remember how i was imperssed by "Valse Triste" when first saw it on TV at SC. So hope they will impress me again :D
At 2009 we could see how Igor worked with them on technick part of there skating. I think i will miss this due. (Marina+Igor). Wish to know, who will work on tech in Canton. Did Margalio stay in Canton or no?

As for sponsors. I love Tessa and Scott, but who knows before this update "Audi" is there sponsor? Look like Audi become there sponsor after OG, but where could people found this information? I dont think sponsors are happy, when only "in V-M bubble" know they are sponsors of this team. So i hope now, when they both are older and maybe more mature, they will work with sponsors much better.

Only i feel, that new V-M PR is "dream team" and "we are whole"?

lauravvv
07-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Now it's a bit too late, but I never wrote about what I am hoping to see from Tessa and Scott. So - my first wish would be to see something out of the box and completely different than before (not that I don't like what they have done so far, but, as I already wrote once, I really, really want to see something out of the box from ice dancers of their level - that should be astonishing).

But as that seems to be too unrealistic, I have a very strong vision for them - probably not this season, but I'd very much like them to do a waltz FD to show that they are even better at it than Davis/White. But not a light and playful waltz like Meryl and Charlie's, but rather something with music more similar to 'Valse Triste' (I can't think of anything specific right now, though), something adult, serious, even a bit sad and dramatic. Say, a love story between two people who have to part or can't really be together for some reason, and are having their last waltz/dance at a ball - remembering their love story, part happy, part sad and part dramatic, through it. Or, if not a ball, as it would be too similar to Davis/White FD, they could just show their love story through the dance. Probably it could be a compilation of different waltz music pieces to suit the different moods. Seems quite old fashioned, but I think that it would be great if they could show that they can pull something like that off. It's also not that different from what they've done in the past, except that it would be more adult and dramatic. And that's exactly what would make the difference. I also think that a lot people would like that. But probably that's also unrealistic.

My more realistic wishes would be similar to many other people's - something really contemporary and cool to some popular music, or a really sultry blues FD.

pani
07-14-2012, 04:53 PM
But not a light and playful waltz like Meryl and Charlie's, but rather something with music similar to 'Valse Triste' (I can't think of anything specific right now, though), something adult, serious, even a bit sad and dramatic. Say, a love story between two people who have to part or can't really be together for some reason, and are having their last waltz/dance at a ball - remembering their love story, part happy, part sad and part dramatic, through it. Probably it could be a compilation odf different waltz music pieces to suit the different moods. Seems quite old fashioned, but I think that it would be great if they could show that they can pull something like that off. It's also not that different from what they've done in the past, except that it would be more adult and dramatic. And that's exactly what would make the difference. I also think that a lot people would like that. But probably that's also unrealistic.

"Traviata"? "Masquerade"?

zotza
07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
"Traviata"? "Masquerade"?

Maybe Ravel's "La Valse" too?But with the current rules I doubt it..

maggylyn
07-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Say, a love story between two people who have to part or can't really be together for some reason,

Isn't this the type of love story they portrayed in UofC?

lauravvv
07-14-2012, 05:55 PM
"Traviata"? "Masquerade"?May be, although 'Traviata' seems a bit too light for the whole dance. 'Masquaerade' could be used. But I also wouldn't want it to be so dramatic and heavy throughout. Something similar to Ravel's 'La Valse' could also be used in some part, as zotza mentioned. But she is right - something like that probably wouldn't go with the current rules/requirements. That's one of the reasons why I thought that it would be too unrealistic.

Isn't this the type of love story they portrayed in UofC?You're right, but I didn't think of that, as I had something more mature and dramatic in mind - not so light, except probably some part of the dance, because it's what Tessa and Scott are so good at.

pani
07-14-2012, 05:59 PM
May be, although 'Traviata' seems a bit too light for the whole dance. 'Masquaerade' could be used. But I also wouldn't want it to be so dramatic and heavy throughout. Something similar to Ravel's 'La Valse' could also be used in some part, as zotza mentioned. But she is right - something like that probably wouldn't go with the current rules/requirements. That's one of the reasons why I thought that it would be too unrealistic.

La Traviata valtz will be uplifting, but overall story have drama. So maybe this could be compromise with rules?

Macassar88
07-14-2012, 06:39 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/532209_10151098681529188_1788727307_n.jpg

Pic I found on the russian forums. It's beautiful!

Sonata
07-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Wow. What a beautiful painting. It really captures the tenderness between the two.

Emdee
07-15-2012, 12:19 AM
It is gorgeous, indeed

Golightly
07-15-2012, 05:26 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/532209_10151098681529188_1788727307_n.jpg

Pic I found on the russian forums. It's beautiful!

That is astonishingly beautiful. The artist should totally find a way to show that to them. Gorgeous.

By the day, I was listening to Masquerade just a couple of days ago. Yes. Yes. Yes. I'd pay the big bucks to see that.

tralfamadorian
07-15-2012, 08:21 AM
I like it too (even if site didnt work for me :D).
pani, do you have javascript turned on?