PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

maggylyn
07-13-2012, 07:09 PM
V/M's PR hasn't really been bad, but I think it can be handled much better than it has been.

You don't think it's been bad? I think their PR has been terrible.

Putting up a new website with great fanfare right after the Olympics, then proceeding to ignore it, never update it and finally let it completely die is pretty bad, especially considering they are Olympic champions.

Let's see if this new manager does the trick.

It will be interesting to see if this time things are handled more professionally than last time.

Tessa and Scott have such wonderful charisma. A good PR team should be able to do awesome things with/for them.

Bue
07-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Do we know what happened to the Roots deal? It just kind of... disappeared. Seems to go hand in hand with the very poor (non-existent?) handling of their public image.

sap5
07-13-2012, 07:26 PM
This is semantics. Cup of Russia Grand Prix vs. Rostelecom Cup. I mean really, who cares? Do V&M sign a contract with the ISU stipulating that they will recognize sponsors?

:rolleyes:

Of course Eric Bompard doesn't sponsor V/M, neither does Rostelecom. My point is that a website is like a resume/ad for the team. If I'm a company looking to sponsor someone, I'd want to make sure I pick someone with a professional team who is going to handle my money right. V/M as athletes are certainly doing their part by winning medals, but their PR team has got to be on top of all the other parts of their image. If they misspell things like "Eric Bompard" or forget that Cup of Russia is really Rostelecom, how do I know they won't misspell my corporate name on some V/M flyer I'm paying good money for?

Golightly
07-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Bad PR? Who are these people? Mike Tyson? Relax. I don't see the big deal with the website either. I bet they don't even care about having one, and that's perfectly fine to me.

Shayii
07-13-2012, 09:46 PM
I think we should cut them a bit of slack. At least now they are taking the initiative and it's still a work in progress (it's funny to me cuz I can't help imagining that somebody is reading this thread and making adjustments based on comments).

And I love the Virtue Moir logo.

maggylyn
07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't see the big deal with the website either. I bet they don't even care about having one, and that's perfectly fine to me.

You're entitled to your feelings.

However, I'm sure it is not "perfectly fine" for any future sponsor interested in this team. Looking over their website would be one of the basic starting points for assessing the possibilities of sponsoring them.

pani
07-13-2012, 10:27 PM
And I love the Virtue Moir logo.

I like it too (even if site didnt work for me :D).

However, I'm sure it is not "perfectly fine" for any future sponsor interested in this team. Looking over their website would be one of the basic starting points for assessing the possibilities of sponsoring them.

I agree they need to show a little bit more on public in internet if they want tp have good sponsoring. I dont talk about Shibs and W-P PR (i think this too much), but if it will be on D-W level - it will be OK.

aka_gerbil
07-13-2012, 10:33 PM
You're entitled to your feelings.

The new site hasn't even been up for 24 hours yet and it's clear that they're still tweaking it and adding things. I'm sure that someone will catch the spelling and name errors and get those fixed. It's not like websites are carved into stone tablets...

If you're so concerned about it and worried they haven't caught the problems, their agent's email address is on there. Email the guy and tell him you caught a few errors on that page.

I agree that it is important that things be accurate and current on the website, but I also agree that, for now, cut them some slack. They appear to be making an effort with the new website, a real manager, etc. If things go 5-6 weeks without the little errors being fixed, that's one thing. But, it hasn't been that long; it's been less than 24 hours!

maggylyn
07-13-2012, 11:08 PM
If you're so concerned about it and worried they haven't caught the problems, their agent's email address is on there. Email the guy and tell him you caught a few errors on that page.

You misunderstood me. I wasn't referring to the work-in-progress we see going on or any spelling mistakes.

I was answering the post that said the website didn't matter and it wasn't important whether V/M have one or not.

IoanaC
07-13-2012, 11:11 PM
I like it too (even if site didnt work for me :D).

Doesn't work for me either at the moment. It's probably a temporary thing. (That, or it's a ban on Eastern Europe.:D)

pani
07-13-2012, 11:18 PM
(That, or it's a ban on Eastern Europe.:D)

:lol:

Golightly
07-13-2012, 11:35 PM
There's a comma missing!

Really, I hope we learn about the music selection and programs next month. That should be more interesting. By the way, I agree, cut them some slack.

DaiKozOda
07-13-2012, 11:55 PM
The website doesn't work for me either :(

aka_gerbil
07-14-2012, 12:51 AM
You misunderstood me. I wasn't referring to the work-in-progress we see going on or any spelling mistakes.

I was answering the post that said the website didn't matter and it wasn't important whether V/M have one or not.

:slinkaway

I am so sorry; this is what I get for skimming through the thread and ending up jumbling up various replies from various people. My reply was actually aimed at a different reply from, it turns out, someone else. Again, I'm so sorry for aiming that at you. I should have been reading more carefully.

sap5
07-14-2012, 01:06 AM
The website has been updated to show all 4 Myra Klarman shoots, including previously unreleased photos.