PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Pairs Round 4

Pages : 1 2 [3]

judgejudy27
07-04-2012, 05:46 AM
^^^^^ Yup.

Ironically though, I would have had W&S first over K&D in the sp in Nagano. :lol:

I actually agree. K&D's death spiral was basically botched and should have incurred a big deduction, dropping them to no higher than 2nd in the SP. W&S as usual had many mediocre elements, but no major problems on any, and they revived their No Holly for Miss Quinn program which was one of their only nice programs ever. One of the only times I would have W&S higher than the judges did in any program.

I also agree W&S's 97-98 LP was their nicest LP ever with nice music, and they emoted to it very well, but it doesnt mean squat if they skate it poorly.

antmanb
07-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow, so many nice 6.0 pairs programmes. Unlike my post in the men's thread, IJS has completely ruined pairs skating. God I even enjoyed watching W&S's botched programmes compared to most IJS pairs programmes (with a couple of notable exceptions of course!).

vodkashot
07-04-2012, 07:08 PM
As it looks like they are (blissfully) getting their long overdue axe, and this will be my last chance to point this out, one funny thing if anything remembers is the German judge giving them an outrageous 1st place at both the 97/98 GP final and 98 Olympics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XoSNV61USU

This was most outrageous of all. She singled the side by side double axel (while he did a double), she doubled the throw triple toe, she two footed the throw double axel, and the last lift almost collapsed, probably a performance on par with their huge meltdown at the 95 Worlds, and they still got a 1st place vote from the German judge (5.7, 5.9 vs 5.8, 5.8, note the German judges marks for both teams) over a clean, flawless, and wonderous Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kKWyd5NA10

Then in Nagano, the German judge ranking Kazahkova & Dmitriev 4th when all other 8 judges had them 1st, LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJ-FK3PALA

"Pathetic attempt to give Woetzel & Steuer the gold." So true.

:lynch:

LOL, the good old days when it was patently obvious which judges were playing dirty!

sk8ingcoach
07-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Both Shishkova & Naumov / Woetzel & Steuer has high and low points technically at their World Championships win. However i personally thought that Woetzel & Steuer had much better artistically which lead me to vote for Shishkova and Naumov

Plusdinfo
07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I found Woetzel/Steuer to always be interesting and to connect well with their music, while Shishkova/Naumov didn't make me feel like they were emoting. Admittedly, I haven't seen much of '94-'02 pairs in recent years, but I like Woetzel/Steuer too much to vote for them over a team that didn't strike my fancy when they were around.

shady82
07-06-2012, 03:42 AM
I can't believe Woetzel/Steur might survive another round..

DaiKozOda
07-08-2012, 02:26 AM
I can't believe Woetzel/Steur might survive another round..

This!