PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I'm offically old...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nubka
07-03-2012, 12:20 AM
I am both old and nostalgic, because I'm going to the "David Cassidy Tribute to Davy Jones" concert tonight. Heaven help me....

My husband is working tonight, and boy, is he glad! :D

Have a good evening, everyone! :)

Rex
07-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Welcome to the club old lady! ;).

snoopysnake
07-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Something just happened that really makes me feel old. My favorite oldies station has switched to contemporary (Katy Perry etc.) music and thrown all the people my age who like 50's-80's out with the trash!

Rex
07-03-2012, 01:18 AM
I know all the words to Last Dance :fragile:.
But I can never remember right away who sings it :lol:.

FiveRinger
07-03-2012, 01:23 AM
I know all the words to Last Dance :fragile:.
But I can never remember right away who sings it :lol:.

Donna Summer....RIP
Well shit! I guess I'm old too since I knew that!!

Rex
07-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Donna Summer....RIP
Well shit! I guess I'm old too since I knew that!!

I can never figure it out right away....I'm doing that more and more now.

Latte
07-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Memory seems to be the first to go.
That and how to spell words, you just go blank.

Simone411
07-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Hey old lady, I'm the same age as you. So I fit into the club rather well. I still love David Cassidy. Have a great time! :cheer2:

Garden Kitty
07-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Let us know how the Cassidy concert was, I'm old enough to like him too.

barbk
07-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Baby brother is taking his daughter to see "Florence and the Machine" in concert. Only Florence that sings that I can think of is Florence Henderson.

milanessa
07-03-2012, 04:31 AM
Only Florence that sings that I can think of is Florence Henderson.

:rofl:

nubka
07-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Let us know how the Cassidy concert was, I'm old enough to like him too.

You know, it was really fun! He looked kind of small and pale when he came out on the stage, but he still has his singing chops for sure. He did a few Monkees/Davy Jones songs, and those were o.k., but of course he really shined when he sang his own hits. Lots of (semi-interesting) talking in between songs - he's quite funny.

His best song of the evening wasn't a Monkees song or one of his own hits, it was "Ain't no Sunshine When she's Gone." He really nailed it.:respec: Hush (Deep Purple) really sounded great, too!

He had some fans who came all the way from the UK and the Netherlands to see him tonight.

All in all, a great evening. :)

Cyn
07-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Sounds like it was a great concert :D

I am both old and nostalgic, because I'm going to the "David Cassidy Tribute to Davy Jones" concert tonight. Heaven help me....

Honey, you're not old......I am currently wearing my Monkee's t-shirt from their very first reunion concert back in '86, so if you're old, so am I (and I REFUSE to acknowledge that idea :lol: )

FTR, Davy was my very first crush after watching The Monkees in syndication on local TV when I was 4 years old. I thought he was about 13, and was devastated when my mum told me he was a married adult :rofl:.

paskatefan
07-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Hey old lady, I'm the same age as you. So I fit into the club rather well. I still love David Cassidy. Have a great time! :cheer2:

Neither of you are old! Glad you enjoyed the concert! :D :)

Rogue
07-03-2012, 03:46 PM
I felt old last night having to explain to my kid why I laughed when one of the characters in a Disney tween show did a Fonzie impression.