Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

johnny158
07-10-2012, 04:46 PM
:confused:

You don't get my humour? Should I explain it? :lol:

l'etoile
07-10-2012, 04:50 PM
You don't get my humour? Should I explain it? :lol:

Well, it was not even borderline funny. So I get burntbread's confusion.

Jenny81
07-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I wish her good luck, but it's unlikely she can be a champion again at the Olympics. Age, luck of practice - all play a role. Skaters like Lipnitskaya ahead of her.

Are you serious or joking? :lol:

[The Queen Yuna] vs [A Junior skater] ?? :(
She is even better than the Queen Yuna?? :eek:
That's just ridiculous. :rofl::rofl:

Oh, come on. Julia cannot compare with Yuna.
As a skater, Yuna is in a completely different class from her.

You will be able to objectively compare the two skaters only if Julia wins Olympic gold / Worlds gold / Grand prix final gold / 4cc Gold OR sets a new World Record (as Yuna has done). Ok?

Let's wait and see. :cool:

burntBREAD
07-10-2012, 09:26 PM
I think they meant "ahead" as in "in the future".
Lipnitskaia is very much a threat for Olympic gold judging by her scores/results this past season in her first international year (not to mention the Olympics are going to be held in Sochi which means she will get an immense reception) - yes, she doesn't have nearly the resume of Kim but she's very accomplished for a 14 year old. Right now, she shouldn't be in the class of one of the greatest skaters of all time :lol:. We'll see as these next two years pan out, but judging by her trajectory, it's not that far-fetched to say that Lipnitskaya could be competitive. Calm down.

kwanatic
07-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I think Lipnitskaya will be competitive but in terms of artistry and complete presentation, she still has a long way to go...

If she can get away from Morosov though, the sky's the limit!

johnny158
07-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Are you serious or joking? :lol:

[The Queen Yuna] vs [A Junior skater] ?? :(
She is even better than the Queen Yuna?? :eek:
That's just ridiculous. :rofl::rofl:

Oh, come on. Julia cannot compare with Yuna.
As a skater, Yuna is in a completely different class from her.

You will be able to objectively compare the two skaters only if Julia wins Olympic gold / Worlds gold / Grand prix final gold / 4cc Gold OR sets a new World Record (as Yuna has done). Ok?

Let's wait and see. :cool:

You are too serious .:rofl: RipinWho? Really want straightforward criticism? Just another overhyped kid. I don't know she will go through puberty.

Her limbs are too short even before puberty. Long limbs are requisites for graceful and expressive movements. Watch Yuna and Yagudin, They have long arms as well as long legs which make their movements expressive.

Her jumps are as low as Lipinski's. Another fake-phenom made by Human hastily right before Olys.

Before comparing with Kim, Watch Baiul's performance in her 15 and Learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQBBXDId-g

If you see Oksana's performance. You will know why I call RipinWho a fake-phenom.
Well, I don't start to mention her ice coverage ,speed and empty choreography yet.

We will see.

RumbleFish
07-11-2012, 06:31 AM
I think Julia Lipnitskaya has potentials to become the next great lady skater.

os168
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I think Lipnitskaya will be competitive but in terms of artistry and complete presentation, she still has a long way to go...

If she can get away from Morosov though, the sky's the limit!

I agree with you.

EricRohmer
07-11-2012, 12:24 PM
johnny158, I doubt whether you are a fake-yunafan. Sorry.

johnny158
07-11-2012, 02:12 PM
johnny158, I doubt whether you are a fake-yunafan. Sorry.

Read this thread. I didn't start the fire.

I just responded. My apologies to the others. Sorry.

l'etoile
07-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh c'mon, there're all sorts of fans!

lakewood
07-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Oh c'mon, there're all sorts of fans!

Right!

leafygreens
07-13-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't expect Yuna to win this time around but it will be refreshing to see her compete again. These days, the athletes hardly stick around for more than one Olympics.

I think "taking a break" is always a bad idea if you still want to compete. Your body and skating are never the same again. I will enjoy her performances for what they are. I hope the nutjobs in her country back off. It's too much pressure.

marii
07-20-2012, 12:54 AM
I don't know, if you compare Yuna at the world junior (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOndD839DJg) to Julia Lipnitskaya, my heart goes to Julia. She has more grace and power.

marii
07-20-2012, 01:11 AM
At first world Junior Lipnitskaya had score of 187. , Yuna's scores was only 155.