PDA

View Full Version : Best looking female ice dancer?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Twizzler
07-09-2012, 10:45 PM
^^ This. I think she's more beautiful now than she was when she competed.

Macassar88
07-09-2012, 10:53 PM
^^ This. I think she's more beautiful now than she was when she competed.

I agree. And she also looks younger which is surprising. I guess all those crazy facial expressions messed up her skin.

Cherub721
07-10-2012, 12:21 AM
ITA, Krylova looks better/younger now than the late 90s. Grishuk too actually.

Tak
07-10-2012, 02:49 AM
Of current ice dancers -

If we're talking about just physical beauty, then Elena Ilynikh and Ekaterina Pushkash are drop dead gorgeous IMO.

If we're talking about dancing and they way they move, then Jana Khokhlova has no peers. She is hypnotic. [I just wish she would find a partner.]

aliceanne
07-10-2012, 03:41 AM
I think that most female ice dancers have extraordinary looks. I've often wondered if there was some selection process where only the beautiful (and talented) ones are chosen as partners. In fact, a non-skating fan friend of mine attended some events at the Boston US Nationals with me and she was struck not only by how many beautiful women there were in dance and pairs but how few nice-looking men there were in these events (Peter T and John Z were

I think that is because the women have the advantages of hair styling and make-up. North American men in particular are self-conscious about looking glamourous (except Johnny). Zimmerman is a natural and I'm not sure Tchernychev didn't use eye shadow. He definitely worked the hair (as did Zimmerman).

Simone411
07-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Elizabeth Punsalan
Shae-Lynn Bourne
Sinead Kerr
Tanith Belbin
Tessa Virtue
Jane Torvill
Marina Anissina
Anna Cappellini

aliceanne
07-10-2012, 03:07 PM
why are we getting votes for female singles skaters? i thought this was a female ICEDANCE thread. just sayin'

If you are going to be technical the thread asked for "the best looking female ice dancer" not a list of every female ice dancer you think is good looking. Thread drift in play :)

Johnny_Fever
07-10-2012, 11:04 PM
They're all pretty easy on the eyes when you think about it. Have you ever seen a high ranking skating girl that isn't? The judges must weed the others out.

flipforsynchro
07-11-2012, 12:13 AM
They're all pretty easy on the eyes when you think about it. Have you ever seen a high ranking skating girl that isn't? The judges must weed the others out.

Looking good definitely helps in FS

SkateBlades17
07-11-2012, 01:02 AM
I agree! I was surprised to see how beautiful they both look now!!

zilam98
07-11-2012, 04:27 AM
If you are going to be technical the thread asked for "the best looking female ice dancer" not a list of every female ice dancer you think is good looking. Thread drift in play :)

yep, thread drift by YOU in play. your post is so way off of the issue i brought up. i asked why female SINGLES skaters were mentioned when the thread specifically asked for female ICE DANCERS. get it? :rolleyes:

zilam98
07-11-2012, 04:29 AM

too much make up and hair products can hide your beauty, instead of enhancing it.

maggylyn
07-11-2012, 07:07 AM

too much make up and hair products can hide your beauty, instead of enhancing it.

In Grishuk's case it also helps that she's no longer trying to be Marilyn Monroe.

mia joy
07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
My brother is still in love with Federica Faiella (He likes strong women :lol:)

She has incredible eyes, I've always been a fan of them. Also, she's actually much more delicate in person than she appears on the ice, skating with the tiny Massimo.

for me the most gorgeous one is Elena Ilinykh. Nathalie Pechalat is also very pretty, as well as Pernelle Carron.
I also love the nymphish, ephemeral look of Meryl, but I wouldn't call her a classical beauty.

Of those who retired, Margarita Drobiazko, however she did have a period of too much make up. With long her and natural make-up, she's gorgeous (still, despite time passing). Irina Lobacheva was another gorgeous one. Tanith Belbin as well.

Johnny_Fever
07-11-2012, 12:25 PM
yep, thread drift by YOU in play. your post is so way off of the issue i brought up. i asked why female SINGLES skaters were mentioned when the thread specifically asked for female ICE DANCERS. get it? :rolleyes:So its drifting. Get over it.