View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Ladies ROUND 8

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Alex Forrest
07-02-2012, 01:31 AM
:eek:
:scream:
:slinkaway
:yikes:

Haha, I know, at least now we know one person who voted Yuna Kim this round. :)

Proustable
07-02-2012, 01:35 AM
through some other skaters also have tried to lose a mother they never had to go through half of what Mao did, cause losing her mother is only one of the Many things she has been through..

Yeah, skaters try to lose their mothers all the time.....

Vagabond
07-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Yeah, skaters try to lose their mothers all the time.....

Tiffany Chin, Mira Leung, Tonya Harding, Anne Patrice MacDonough, Gabriele Seyfert....

t.mann
07-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Tiffany Chin, Mira Leung, Tonya Harding, Anne Patrice MacDonough, Gabriele Seyfert....
:lol: :EVILLE:

miki88
07-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Still voting for Irina. I think Kwan is going (and should) win this poll in the end.

casken
07-02-2012, 02:34 AM
Voted for Irina. Gave all my reasons in the last round.

TripleWallie
07-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Come on guys, be a bit more fair to Mao. After all, belittling Yuna's arch rival also disparages Yuna's achievement. Her victories would not be quite as great when the competition is considered so weak/inferior. Would a fairy tale prince be as heroic if he slays a helpless sheep or a fire-breathing dragon?

Mao is a great skater and one of the best in the last two decades. She has beautiful lines, great edges, soft knees and a sense of musicality few skaters can match. At her best she is utterly engrossing and captivating to watch, unlike, say, Miki Ando.

She is very inconsistent, true, and her technique has some flaws, but she is at least a fighter and a lovely skater. Besides, no skater is perfect, not even Michelle Kwan.

I am, of course, a Yuna fan, but that doesn't mean I can't see the great qualities in other skaters.

berthesghost
07-02-2012, 04:24 AM
^ what are you on about?

Plenty of "great rivals" are already gone. Would Kwan have been as great without Tara or Maria?

Miki Ando? She was voted off long ago.

Let's stick to who's still on the poll, shall we.

TripleWallie
07-02-2012, 04:30 AM
^ what are you on about?

Plenty of "great rivals" are already gone. Would Kwan have been as great without Tara or Maria?

Miki Ando? She was voted off long ago.

Let's stick to who's still on the poll, shall we.

My main subject was Mao, who is still on the poll if you care to actually look at the choices. Miki Ando was only mentioned as a comparison Mao.

Tara and Maria were not Kwan's main rival. It was Irina. Since you just mentioned Tara and Maria, now who's not sticking to what's still on the poll?

RumbleFish
07-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Come on guys, be a bit more fair to Mao.

As if remaining up to this round doesn't mean anything. :confused:
In my opinion, she has been treated overly generous.

Mao is a great skater and one of the best in the last two decades. She has beautiful lines, great edges, soft knees and a sense of musicality few skaters can match. At her best she is utterly engrossing and captivating to watch, unlike, say, Miki Ando.

Miss Ando has been eliminated a while ago. I give Miss Asada credit for being a little better than her compatriot. Satisfied? :P

She just doesn't belong in the same league with wonderful skaters who are remaining on the list. It is simple as that.

Vash01
07-02-2012, 05:09 AM
From this point on, it's going to be tough to vote for anyone.I had to go with Chen Lu. Just one world title (although she was good enough to win two), never better than bronze at the Olympics, but lovely artist.

BmcC102
07-02-2012, 05:12 AM
All the Maobots are coming out in droves :scream:

I'm not a Maobot... :EVILLE:

VIETgrlTerifa
07-02-2012, 08:04 AM
So far, it's so close between Mao and Lulu and I can't decide who to vote off. Both deserve to stay for different reasons. Right now, I'm leaning towards Lu Chen though Mao's inconsistencies don't help her case much. I also greatly prefer them to Slutskaya but even I think it's too soon for Slutskaya to go.

briancoogaert
07-02-2012, 08:45 AM
and the one you call has terrible tech is the same one who has performed a dosin beautiful of 3A and several different 3-3 and had included all the kinds of jumps in the same program... it's the same Mao who has done 3A and several 3-3 in the same program... my god if she is a terrible tech who is a great tech lol
Rotating the jumps is totally different to having a good technique.
Younger, it was really easy for her to rotate those jumps even with her not so good technique, because she has a good air position and rotates fastly, that's why she was phenomenal.
But now she is older, she doesn't rotate as quickly as before.
And if you want to know someone with better jumping technique, then watch the other names on the list. ;)

sk8ingcoach
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Chen LU is clearly not in the same league as the rest... My vote goes to Chen.

Next is going to be kwan for me, then Asada