PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Ladies ROUND 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20

TripleWallie
07-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Once we get to the round where it's Mao vs. Yuna, it'll get even uglier. Get ready folks...:2faced: :scream:

love_skate2011
07-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Once we get to the round where it's Mao vs. Yuna, it'll get even uglier. Get ready folks...:2faced: :scream:

it will split the votes after this round with Yuna vs Mao
and it will be Kwan vs Irina in the finals, I hope like old times :2faced:

briancoogaert
07-04-2012, 09:26 PM
tell me why you only see what you want to see, how about waking up and looking at reality instead of keep beeing delusional! there is a reason why so many rules where suddenly changed after the olympics, and that is probably not because it was working like it should!
Well, Yu-Na Kim beat Mao before and after Vancouver !
I guess ISU needs to change the rules again and again in order to favor Mao to make you happy :P

kwanette
07-04-2012, 09:36 PM
This "annoying Kwan uber" is :scream: from the Mao/Yuna discussion.

bartek
07-04-2012, 09:53 PM
This "annoying Kwan uber" is :scream: from the Mao/Yuna discussion.

Well, "annoying Slutskaya uber" would rather argue with "annoying Kwan uber" than "really annoying Asada uber".

I mean, I love Mao's skating, her line, stretch, flow over the ice and grace of movement but her technique is/was really poor on some of her jumps. Everyone can see how she did her flip and lutz. This just can't be called good technique.

Alex Forrest
07-04-2012, 09:57 PM
well let this also be my last responce to you!

you're example is kind of usueles

why, because Mao never had deal with toe-axels or lippers, nor did she lose her big tricks after she grow up( she won both her titles with the 2 3-3 in one and 3 3A in the other) so in the end it's out of content, so it all goes back to my previous point without a good technique you wouldn't be able to execute good quality jumps and difficulty, and Mao has showed both, by doing her jumps right and still making it look effortles, and that's how it should look when it's done right!

Well, Mao had issues with her 3toe. She was routinely downgraded due to her pre-rotation early in her career. And no she doesn't 'lip', heavens. She can't find a back outside edge to save herself. No salchow. And unfortunately has a knack for URs. I really don't know what skater you think you are seeing, but Mao has some serious tech issues.

But I don't want to get involved. Nevermind.

unicorn
07-04-2012, 10:01 PM
It's amazing that the gap between Lu and Mao is always around 20.

dawnie
07-04-2012, 10:46 PM
well let this also be my last responce to you!

you're example is kind of usueles

why, because Mao never had deal with toe-axels or lippers, nor did she lose her big tricks after she grow up( she won both her titles with the 2 3-3 in one and 3 3A in the other) so in the end it's out of content, so it all goes back to my previous point without a good technique you wouldn't be able to execute good quality jumps and difficulty, and Mao has showed both, by doing her jumps right and still making it look effortles, and that's how it should look when it's done right!

WTF are you on?

RunnersHigh
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Gee, don't get too worked at this round. ROUND 9 is comming!

:watch:

and Amy03, would you qoute others' post rightly please? ;)

Macassar88
07-05-2012, 04:41 AM
WTF are you on?

That poster is Mao's PR agent.

AndyWarhol
07-05-2012, 05:00 AM
That poster is Mao's PR agent.

Hahaha.

I love Mao, and I can take or leave Yuna (leaning more towards the leave.. other than "correct" jump technique, I find nothing about her appealing, other than her face), however Yuna is obviously the greater "champion".

I think mao would have been a superb 6.0 skater.

gingercrush
07-05-2012, 05:03 AM
Hahaha.

I think mao would have been a superb 6.0 skater.

Yes but falls were brutal under 6.0. She wouldn't have the rotation problems that she does under IJS but her falls and missing a jump would have been brutal.

AndyWarhol
07-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I think she would have fallen less, because she wouldn't have had to rework her jumps to get all the way around..

RumbleFish
07-05-2012, 10:55 AM
It's amazing that the gap between Lu and Mao is always around 20.

I also think this is rather odd.

os168
07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Curiouser and curiouser, Chen is always behind Mao by exact 20. This poll has a tally of 353 voters compares to the Mens at 160, and the dances at 83.

May I make a suggestion to have a full disclosure on these poll so we can see just who vote on these polls :P I wonder how many of them has 0 post history being new registrants.