PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Women 2012- Who Will Medal on Beam?

haribobo
06-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Who will medal on beam?

judgejudy27
06-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Ponor and Iordache to fight for the gold. Would be very surprised if they dont go 1-2 in either order. The rest fight for bronze. I went with Mitchell or Deng Linlin.

gingercrush
06-30-2012, 11:43 PM
My favourite event. I really do like Beam and of the four event finals. This is the toughest for everybody.

In saying that, Ponor and Iordache will make the final. I'm pretty confident neither will falter in qualifying. Lui and Jinnan should make the final. Quishuang and Deng Linlin both have the capacity to final if either of the Chinese falter. I would favour Raisman and Ross to make the final from the Americans. Mitchell seems to be real possibility. I'm going with Komova and Grishina to make the Beam final. I am not discounting Mustafina though.

Komova can win Gold here. I know she hasn't been on fire but when on she is utterly beautiful on it. Any of the Chinese can win Gold. But I'd favour either Ponor or Iordache.

Gold: Iordache/Ponor
Silver: Iordache/Ponor
Bronze: Chinese, Komova

FSfan107
07-01-2012, 01:48 AM
I wanted to vote Grishina here but she wasn't an option. She is someone I would love to see medal on beam, preferably win the gold. It's so tough to win this event though.

chipso1
07-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Ponor, Wieber and Lu, but Iordache is certainly a medal threat as well.

jlai
07-02-2012, 05:00 AM
I remember Ponor from 2004 Olympics. She exemplified the beauty of the sport. I hope she kicks butt.

BigB08822
07-02-2012, 06:01 AM
I know she has consistency issues but I think Komova could medal, especially if she hits her Patterson dismount.

Karpenko
07-03-2012, 07:09 AM
I agree, I also think with a nailed routine Komova could actually win beam. She is my favorite to watch on this event when she hits. This one is the most unpredictable I think, but I have a feeling that Ponor will definitely medal.

judgejudy27
07-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Based on the poll it will be Ponor, Iordache, and Sui Lu. If everyone hits that is probably what it will be, unless Komova gets through a completely wobble free set, Wieber's revamped beam routine is a killer, or Raisman's E scores become as generous at the Games as the recent U.S based meets.

poths
07-04-2012, 06:22 PM
My favourite event. I really do like Beam and of the four event finals. This is the toughest for everybody.

In saying that, Ponor and Iordache will make the final. I'm pretty confident neither will falter in qualifying. Lui and Jinnan should make the final. Quishuang and Deng Linlin both have the capacity to final if either of the Chinese falter. I would favour Raisman and Ross to make the final from the Americans. Mitchell seems to be real possibility. I'm going with Komova and Grishina to make the Beam final. I am not discounting Mustafina though.

Komova can win Gold here. I know she hasn't been on fire but when on she is utterly beautiful on it. Any of the Chinese can win Gold. But I'd favour either Ponor or Iordache.

Gold: Iordache/Ponor
Silver: Iordache/Ponor
Bronze: Chinese, Komova

Agree 100% - Raisman/Wieber/Ross have a shot if two of the above faulter.

Spareoom
07-04-2012, 10:41 PM
I could see the eight finalists being similar to what it was at Worlds last year; two Russians, two Romanians, two Americans and two Chinese. I don't really see anyone else breaking into the top, although it's possible China may only take one spot because they are starting on beam in qualies and could be shaky.

gingercrush
07-07-2012, 03:17 AM
Lauren Mitchell would be a strong possibility to make the final especially since she has dropped Uneven Bars.