PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

aliceanne
07-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I thought Nicole Kidman had given eleventy billion interviews about their divorce?

She may have given a billion interviews but I've never heard her say anything about her marriage other than she doesn't know why he filed for divorce.

Prancer
07-01-2012, 09:46 PM
She may have given a billion interviews but I've never heard her say anything about her marriage other than she doesn't know why he filed for divorce.

She has said that their relationship was normal, they married because they were madly in love and that was it, the rumors about them were crazy, etc.

Does none of that count?

Alex Forrest
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
That Scientology interview with Cruise was eye-popping. The whole jumping on Oprah's couch thing was bizarre, but his whole affect was disturbing in this interview. I wonder if he has some real psych issues? Not just personality issues, since anyone that rich and famous is bound to have personality issues. But he looked and talked like a psych patient.

I'm not really sure Katie needs to worry about COS killing her career. It was in the crapper a long time ago. She was cute as Joey on Dawson, but she's not an actress of a higher order. Kidman had the chops and the looks. Katie should be lucky to get this payout and retire comfortably. She'll probably get some roles due to her name/infamy, but she's not going to be the next Kidman with an Academy Award and mulitple nominations.

The last time I paid any attention to her professionally she was on some talk show doing her song and dance number from Chicago (or was it Cabaret?). I thought she was terrible, and after reading how good she was I was more disppointed.

Her father is a divorce attorney. I'm sure she'll get everything and more she asked/asks for. And she's still only 33 with an adorable daughter. A five year lapse won't hurt her.

**Also, I was never confident that Kidman in interviews post-marriage was giving anything. She spoke like there was a gag clause in the divorce and she never said anything really good or bad.

Oreo
07-01-2012, 10:15 PM
It's always possible Katie Holmes will become a better actress for all this. She's got some depth to her now.

michiruwater
07-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I suppose that's possible, but not terribly likely. She was pretty good in Pieces of April and made a good Joey Potter but she hasn't impressed me in much else. She could, of course, always take 'safe' roles that don't require much. I'm sure she'd be just fine in those. I don't see her ever pulling off any of Kidman's best roles, for example, though.

heckles
07-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I was never confident that Kidman in interviews post-marriage was giving anything. She spoke like there was a gag clause in the divorce and she never said anything really good or bad.

Why would Kidman want to dwell on her marriage to Cruise, when she's busy with Keith Urban? Tom who?

Hopefully Katie will get a similar upgrade.

kwanfan1818
07-01-2012, 10:34 PM
She has said that their relationship was normal, they married because they were madly in love and that was it, the rumors about them were crazy, etc.

Does none of that count?
Maybe that's why she's still hired for movies.

Wyliefan
07-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Why would Kidman want to dwell on her marriage to Cruise, when she's busy with Keith Urban? Tom who?

Hopefully Katie will get a similar upgrade.

Hear, hear. :respec: As far as one can ever tell with celebrity couples, Keith seems genuinely crazy about Nicole. Since their marriage he's released so many love songs, I've taken to yelling "Just get a room!" at the radio every time one of his singles comes on. :lol: But it really is sweet. They seem great together and I'm glad they found each other.

Prancer
07-01-2012, 10:41 PM
**Also, I was never confident that Kidman in interviews post-marriage was giving anything. She spoke like there was a gag clause in the divorce and she never said anything really good or bad.

Or maybe she is either a) not the type to share her private life out there for all to see or b) she kept in mind that they have two children who would not benefit from from her doing so or c) both.

I like to think, however, that if she had nothing more than some kind of business deal with Tom that involved accepting all kinds of craziness, she would not have had children with him.

Being crazy is one thing; getting other people to go along with your crazy is something else.

Maybe that's why she's still hired for movies.

Why would she not be hired for movies? If Tom is really a lunatic and everyone knows it, why would he have enough power to kill her career? He must have made a lot of enemies along the way--like, say, Stephen Spielberg, as someone mentioned earlier?

kwanfan1818
07-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Why would she not be hired for movies? If Tom is really a lunatic and everyone knows it, why would he have enough power to kill her career? He must have made a lot of enemies along the way--like, say, Stephen Spielberg, as someone mentioned earlier?
Because she's a woman, and actresses are expendable in a way that actors are not, especially an actress as old as Kidman, an age at which there are many, many women to take her place.

She's not remotely in the same league as Spielberg; she doesn't make billions for Hollywood.

If it's true that writing a bad article about Cruise will get a publication banned from further interviews, invitations, etc. for all of his agency's clients, imagine what would happen if she spoke about the divorce.

Re: Haggis, from above, there's more in an in-depth article written in "The New Yorker" in 2011:
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/02/14/110214fa_fact_wright

Latte
07-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Rumor mongors are picking Julianne Hough, but Blake seems just as likely to me.
Isn't Blake practically engaged to Ryan Reynolds?

Latte
07-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Sorry, isn't this the "Who's the biggest b*tch on FSU" thread? I was going for the title! :lol: (But what competition!!)

Never let acquiring factual information get in the way of sharpening your fingernails.

Link, please.

Peter dear, #1 this is soooooooooo unlike you who is usually the life of the party.(Get up on the wrong side of the bed hmmmm?)
At the time that Tom filed for divorce from Nicole, it was common knowledge on tv and in the papers, don't know about internet, that she was supposed to receive a total of several millions(don't remember the amount) when they were married for 10 years and, surprise! Tom filed for divorce just months before the date and she didn't get the money!
Nice guy. NOT

AliasJohnDoe
07-01-2012, 11:25 PM

Katie Holmes was engaged to Chris Klein but they broke up in 2005. She started dating Cruise a few weeks later.

Rafter
07-01-2012, 11:25 PM

Bearding for Reynolds, yes. Just as Scarlett did before her.

michiruwater
07-01-2012, 11:29 PM
For some reason, this thread seems to have touched a nerve with PeterG.

Trying to find an internet sources for the Kidman-Cruise prenup agreement is liking searching for a needle in a haystack with all the news about the Holmes-Cruise split. I keep trying to word my search differently and just get different stuff about Holmes-Cruise, though a huge number of sources are talking about the supposed $3M a year pre-nup Holmes has, capped at 11 years. I don't feel that any of the ones I've looked at are terribly tight sources though, not yet at least (Perez Hilton?). I'm mostly just curious and trying to confirm it myself. I'll post a source if I find one.