PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42]

caseyedwards
09-04-2012, 05:05 AM
If anyone other than Maureen Orth had written the piece I wouldn't really bother. YMMV. I thought also that Vanity Fair did its best to portray "Hollywood" in the best light possible.

At any rate, Orth writes about Tom Cruise's and Scientology's wife-auditioning process. The full story will appear in VF's October issue.

Some snippets and related material prior to the story's publication:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/09/tom-cruise-scientology-marriage-katie-holmes

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/09/02/tom-cruise-dumped-from-hollywood-by-vanity-fair

ETA: Nazanin Boniadi is certainly a beauty. :)

They were the primary employer of Dominic Dunne. My mileage varies a lot!!!

IceAlisa
09-04-2012, 05:19 AM
Surreal reading in VF, although we've all heard the rumors before.

DAngel
09-04-2012, 06:25 AM
If anyone other than Maureen Orth had written the piece I wouldn't really bother. YMMV. I thought also that Vanity Fair did its best to portray "Hollywood" in the best light possible.

At any rate, Orth writes about Tom Cruise's and Scientology's wife-auditioning process. The full story will appear in VF's October issue.

So Tom Cruise is her next Michael Jackson?

Salt, salt and more salt.

orbitz
09-04-2012, 06:43 PM
TC is nowhere near MJ's wackiness.

Auditioning to be Tom's wife is really not any different than parents auditioning potential brides in cultures that practice arranged marriages.

kwanfan1818
09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
None of the potential spouses in Indian or Hassidic arranged marriages I've known were brought in under the pretext of a job or a "training video" or had to sign a secrecy agreement.

Jenny
09-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Katie's clean escape from all this is really quite remarkable - it's almost a Hollywood script of its own.

milanessa
09-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Katie's clean escape from all this is really quite remarkable - it's almost a Hollywood script of its own.

You're right. I don't think Hollywood would ever make it though, too many powerful Scientologists there.

PeterG
09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
None of the potential spouses in Indian or Hassidic arranged marriages I've known were brought in under the pretext of a job or a "training video" or had to sign a secrecy agreement.

Well...one or two of those marriages might have an eensy weensy problem of their own... :shuffle:

Or perhaps a molehile or a mountain appeared in this thread? Either/or. :P

vesperholly
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM

Handy to have a divorce lawyer for a father.

heckles
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Auditioning to be Tom's wife is really not any different than parents auditioning potential brides in cultures that practice arranged marriages.

Yeah, and the cultures with forced marriages are also known for treating women like yesterday's garbage. Scientology is looking pretty retro in this instance.

Jenny
09-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Handy to have a divorce lawyer for a father.

Sure, but on the other side is a man with unlimited amounts of money backed by an organization that is not afraid to bring all its resources to bear when threatened, or when their star representative is threatened.

This must've taken months of careful planning - phone calls, meetings, a team of lawyers at several firms, all on the sly. She even rented an apartment, and must've at least taken a few personal things of her own and Suri's with her. Considering how she was surrounded by Scientology bodyguards and servants on Tom's payroll, that's quite a feat. In addition, she's managed to keep a young child out of the drama and apparently living normally throughout.

Considering her high profile, for the whole thing to be kept under wraps for what's got to be months, and then to be over in a matter of days, is quite something.