PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42

Rex
07-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Nose candy? You mean like this (http://blog.naroka.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/nose_ring.jpg)?
:lol: um, no.

Theatregirl1122
07-19-2012, 01:43 AM
What really cracks me up is when people argue "He can't be a convincing romantic lead, he's gay!" Um...they're ACTORS. They play pretend for a living. If an actor's not a convincing romantic lead, it's more to do with their acting skills than whether or not they're actually attracted to their co-star. Some people just need to resort to "GAY!" as some kind of insult.

It's especially impressive when they suddenly become an unconvincing actor at the moment when they come out of the closet. Like MAGIC.

MacMadame
07-19-2012, 02:30 AM
I don't really care which team Tom, George, or Leo play for - they're not my type. Now Scott Bakula....:grope:
I don't really care what team any of them play for. It's not like I'm going to get to do them one way or another. ;)

Dracula wasn't. Oh, and that uk show I liked but can't remember the name of :lol: a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost are all roommates... Those vampires weren't gay. :lol:
Being Human

antmanb
07-19-2012, 03:12 PM
What really cracks me up is when people argue "He can't be a convincing romantic lead, he's gay!" Um...they're ACTORS. They play pretend for a living. If an actor's not a convincing romantic lead, it's more to do with their acting skills than whether or not they're actually attracted to their co-star.

Somebody should explain this to the establishment in Hollywood because, real or not, that's the reason that most gay actors give for not being out, and I know know quite a few that have been told this by their agents, and heard it first hand from directors too. Change has to come from the top, the poor lowly guys at the bottom trying to get their careers going are certainly not going to rock the boat and try to trail blaize.

Angelskates
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Actually I think that has to do with the audience not the directors. It's the same as some skating fans feeling icky about siblings skating to romantic music; nothing to do with the acting and everything to do with the audience IMO. Plenty of people also stop feeling the crush or fantasy once it's announced that someone is gay (as if it was a possibility in the first place!).

Rogue
07-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Dracula wasn't. Oh, and that uk show I liked but can't remember the name of :lol: a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost are all roommates... Those vampires weren't gay. :lol:

Nick Knight wasn't gay either, but I'm not sure about LaCroix.

berthesghost
07-25-2012, 05:07 PM
"With American citizens, governments, and companies increasingly overcoming their prejudices and becoming gay-friendly, there is no better time for these stars—or for Val Kilmer, Michelle Kwan, Aaron Sorkin, and Billy Crystal—to come right out and say they're gay.":lol:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/jack-nicholson-leonardo-dicaprio-tom-hanks-denzel,28904/

funny, in all the spoofing, I don't see Tom's name.... could it be becuase people take the rumors seriously? :D

TygerLily
07-25-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry, guys, I think I'm cranky.

Maybe he's bi in which case I'd think it's more difficult to maintain one relationship.I don't understand this perception.

ETA: Actually, I do understand why people have that perception, but I don't see how it's necessarily true. When people choose another with whom to be monogamous, that person often doesn't have every single desirable trait. Just because people are attracted to multiple genders and/or sexes, that doesn't mean they can't be happy choosing one person. Many are attracted to multiple body types, many of which are mutually exclusive, but prefer monogamy. Why would genitals be different?

So, the casting couch goes both ways!I dunno, seems like men are in the position of power in both cases. :shuffle:

antmanb
07-26-2012, 02:01 PM
ETA: Actually, I do understand why people have that perception, but I don't see how it's necessarily true. When people choose another with whom to be monogamous, that person often doesn't have every single desirable trait. Just because people are attracted to multiple genders and/or sexes, that doesn't mean they can't be happy choosing one person. Many are attracted to multiple body types, many of which are mutually exclusive, but prefer monogamy. Why would genitals be different?

Anectodally, the men I know who are bi and in long term relationships with women all sleep with men on the side, some by agreement, others behind their girlfriend/wife's back.

Of my straight male friends I only know of one who has slept with another woman on the side, but that might just be because he's the only one who has a admitted it to me.

Obviously this proves nothing but is why my perception of bi men who are with women is that they all shag around with men :P

MacMadame
07-27-2012, 04:39 AM
My impression is that "bi" men who are publicly with women but sleep around with men on the side are actually gay and closeted. :shuffle:

The people I know who openly have relationships with people of either gender/sex generally are monogamous.

soxxy
09-02-2012, 02:01 PM
If anyone other than Maureen Orth had written the piece I wouldn't really bother. YMMV. I thought also that Vanity Fair did its best to portray "Hollywood" in the best light possible.

At any rate, Orth writes about Tom Cruise's and Scientology's wife-auditioning process. The full story will appear in VF's October issue.

Some snippets and related material prior to the story's publication:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/09/tom-cruise-scientology-marriage-katie-holmes

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/09/02/tom-cruise-dumped-from-hollywood-by-vanity-fair

ETA: Nazanin Boniadi is certainly a beauty. :)

orbitz
09-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Interesting story. And the story is from VF, so it's not as easy to dismiss as if it's from one of the rag magazines either.

Nazanin is beautiful. She kinds of look like a younger Nichole Schezinger in that picture.

(Maybe I can use Scientology to find me a date :lol:)

kwanfan1818
09-03-2012, 09:56 PM
(Maybe I can use Scientology to find me a date :lol:)
Madame Southpaw can lead the interrogation search committee.

Southpaw
09-04-2012, 03:40 AM
Madame Southpaw can lead the interrogation search committee.

Madame Southpaw is currently too busy writing "50 Shades of Kiss My Ass" to lead any dating interrogations at this time. :drama:

kwanfan1818
09-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Madame Southpaw is currently too busy writing "50 Shades of Kiss My Ass" to lead any dating interrogations at this time. :drama:

Then we'll just have to use it as our instruction manual.