PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

PeterG
07-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Actually, George has been married. He was married to Talia Balsam for about 4 years.

Why, that's one year longer than Rock Hudson's marriage!

They don't? Gay speculation are rampant about Leo and George.

Yup. this site (http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/features/GAY_CELEBRITIES.php) confirms it:

Below, we've compiled a list of current A and B-list male celebrities who have yet to 'come out' - but who by all accounts - and there are many - lead everyone in Hollywood circles, at least, to believe that they are not 'may be' but 'are' gay.

WE'RE CONFIDENT: YES (And put our money on all of them being Homos, no matter what anyone, including they, say).

Chris Evans
Chace Crawford
Nick Carter
Jesse McCartney
Alexander Ludwig
Jack Quaid (son of Dennis and Meg Ryan)
Liam Hemsworth
Ben Savage
Anton Yelchin
Devon Sawa
Thomas Dekker
Michael Cera
Tad Hilgenbrinck
George Eads
Jason Segel
Paul Dano
Chris Klein
Daniel Radcliffe
Zac Efron
Jamie Bell
Leonardo DiCaprio
Lucas Black
Brad Renfro (late)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Joshua Jackson
Edward Norton
Lou Taylor Pucci
Jonathan Tucker
Chris Pine
Corbin Bleu
Michael Clark Duncan (married to Omarosa, but that's like Oprah being married to Steadman)
Travis Fimmel
Ben Barnes
Adrian Grenier
Eric Christian Olsen
Nicolas D'Agosto
David Gallagher
Andy Samberg
Justin Bartha
Trevor Morgan
Robert Pattinson
Bradley Cooper
Ryan Gosling
Josh Hutcherson
George Clooney
Shia LeBeouf
Heath Ledger (late)
Taylor Kitsch

wildaboutmovies.com is a legitimate source, no?

This thread is giving me a headache.
I'm outta here.:blah:

Buh-bye.

Kaffeine
07-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Not my Ben Barnes :swoon:

Prancer
07-18-2012, 02:52 AM
if I'm going to engage in salacious rumor-mongering, saying someone is secretly gay wouldn't be how I'd do it. For one thing, there is nothing salacious about begin gay or even being in the closet.

Hence the reason I think a lot of it is essentially homophobia. If you aren't homophobic, you wouldn't think of it as salacious rumor-mongering. But to me, much of it is clearly intended to be salacious rumor-mongering.

Yup. this site (http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/features/GAY_CELEBRITIES.php) confirms it:

A sociology professor I know used a similar list to talk about homophobia in society; one of her points was that most people believe that roughly 20% of the population is gay, while most experts say it's less than 10%. Even given the higher-than-average percentage of gays in the entertainment industry, she said that it was statistically unlikely that all of the people on the list were gay. The fact that so many were listed--and that such lists are made at all--is a sign of how many societal biases frame the definition of "gay."

allezfred
07-18-2012, 11:36 AM
For what it's worth, Tom Cruise (or DiCaprio or Clooney for that matter) don't ping for me at all. :confused:

Ozzisk8tr
07-18-2012, 11:56 AM
For what it's worth, Tom Cruise (or DiCaprio or Clooney for that matter) don't ping for me at all. :confused:

Same here but in Tom's case... he's such a fruit loop and it's so hard to tell with crazy people.

allezfred
07-18-2012, 12:04 PM
I can usually tell even with the crazies.... :shuffle:

gingercrush
07-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Who cares. o.o

And o.o the idea anyway that just because a male has sex with another male means they're homosexual seems quite silly to me. But no Tom doesn't seem gay. Pathetic maybe. But gay no.

snoopy
07-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Someone else pointed this out and it seems to be true but I wouldn't know for sure: that if a gay man has straight sex a few times, there is no running speculation that he is really straight. He and his circle of friends will still say he is gay. However, if a straight man has gay sex a few times, then all bets are off forever and he will either be tagged as bi or as in the closet. IOW, it is more acceptable for gay men to cross over occasionally than for straight men to switch it up.

So yeah to ginger's point. In Hollywood where things may be more lucid, maybe there is the occasional cross over - without meaning x is truly (considers himself) gay.

Rex
07-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Chris Evans is straight - totally. He also allegedly has a thing for black women. And nose candy. The former is fine, but the latter may potentially put his career on ice.

And I know I've posted this here before, but I've heard that a lot of starving actors - straight, gay or otherwise, have prostituted themselves in order to eat and to get ahead. So if a starving actor is offered a place to stay and a plum part in a TV series or a movie in exchange for sex with an influential director, producer, casting director, what have you - a lot of them will. So that is why some "he is gay/bi" rumors start. I had a drinking buddy back in San Diego who worked for Lorimar in the 70s and 80s who told me this. Yes, the entertainment industry does attract a lot of gay men, but a lot of guys are broke and desperate to break into the biz, and willing to do what it takes to get it.

Sparks
07-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Chris Evans is straight - totally. He also allegedly has a thing for black women. And nose candy. The former is fine, but the latter may potentially put his career on ice.

And I know I've posted this here before, but I've heard that a lot of starving actors - straight, gay or otherwise, have prostituted themselves in order to eat and to get ahead. So if a starving actor is offered a place to stay and a plum part in a TV series or a movie in exchange for sex with an influential director, producer, casting director, what have you - a lot of them will. So that is why some "he is gay/bi" rumors start. I had a drinking buddy back in San Diego who worked for Lorimar in the 70s and 80s who told me this. Yes, the entertainment industry does attract a lot of gay men, but a lot of guys are broke and desperate to break into the biz, and willing to do what it takes to get it.

So, the casting couch goes both ways!

antmanb
07-18-2012, 03:23 PM
I can't say or heard about any gay speculation with Russell

No, if you do, you get a mobile phone thrown at you :lol:

Rex
07-18-2012, 04:09 PM
So, the casting couch goes both ways!

It certainly does...has been forever...but as Joan Crawford once said when Bette Davis accused her of using the casting couch, "It sure as hell beat the cold, hard floor...".

Sparks
07-18-2012, 04:12 PM
It certainly does...has been forever...but as Joan Crawford once said when Bette Davis accused her of using the casting couch, "It sure as hell beat the cold, hard floor...".

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I love it!

IceAlisa
07-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Great answer. The entertainment industry is not something you'd wish on a snake, though.

PDilemma
07-18-2012, 04:48 PM
So is there a corresponding list of actresses who are allegedly lesbians? Or is this game just played one way?