PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

IceAlisa
07-16-2012, 03:45 AM
I looked around and of course, there is nothing definitive anywhere either about Tom Cruise's sexuality or his purported contracts with his wives. But then I don't expect there to be regardless of whether it's true or not. As in, there is no proof.

I am sure the Cruise household has extensive security around their no doubt, extensive property that insures privacy. So all someone like Tom would have to do is to avoid PDA with his clandestine partner to prevent definitive photographic evidence from surfacing. Also, some celebrities, not sure if Tom Cruise is one of them, but some like say, Angelina Jolie are very adept at handling exactly what pictures make it out into the world and which do not. I've read that she actually lets the photographers know where and when she is going to be, to be photographed. So what she gets are the images she for the most part controls herself. Why couldn't other celebrities do that, especially if they had something to hide?

Prancer
07-16-2012, 03:54 AM
I looked around and of course, there is nothing definitive anywhere either about Tom Cruise's sexuality or his purported contracts with his wives. But then I don't expect there to be regardless of whether it's true or not. As in, there is no proof.

Really?????? And I was sure someone was going to provide some in this thread. I'm crushed.

There's a difference between proof and evidence. Proof would be virtually impossible to provide unless all involved decided to own up to it; evidence is something else.

So what evidence makes you believe that these rumors are true?

IceAlisa
07-16-2012, 04:05 AM
What would you consider evidence in this instance?

Prancer
07-16-2012, 04:14 AM
What would you consider evidence in this instance?

I didn't ask you to provide me with evidence. I asked:

So what evidence makes you believe that these rumors are true?

IceAlisa
07-16-2012, 04:18 AM
In order to answer that, I'd like to know how you define "evidence" in this particular case.

Prancer
07-16-2012, 04:30 AM
In order to answer that, I'd like to know how you define "evidence" in this particular case.

It doesn't matter what I consider evidence; it matters what YOU consider evidence. I am not asking you to convince me of anything; I am asking you to explain why you are convinced.

There is no point in continuing this if you don't grasp the fundamental question being asked, so moving right along.

kwanfan1818
07-16-2012, 04:33 AM
Katie Holmes in high school and Katie Holmes at the age of actual marriage to Tom probably were somewhat different people. I don't know whether her high school statement was an indication of anything one way or another.
Most women when they marry aren't the same people they were when they encountered their first fairy tales or Disney princesses, yet many bring in expectations from the time they were six.

If Holmes hadn't already had a crush on him from her high school days, she might not have been inclined to go out with him in the first place.

Because my question was actually more about why people find these rumors so credible when they strike me as highly unlikely.

I don't think that the Kidman went in the marriage as a contracted sham, but it wouldn't surprise me if she did.

IceAlisa
07-16-2012, 04:45 AM
It doesn't matter what I consider evidence; it matters what YOU consider evidence. I am not asking you to convince me of anything; I am asking you to explain why you are convinced.Speaking of fundamentals, I never said I was convinced.
What I'd like to grasp is why you seem to be so defensive about this? Sheesh.

judiz
07-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Is it rumor or fact that Kidman miscarried twice during her pregnancy? If that's true, I'd say it's much more believable that she would be able to stomach a 10-year sham marriage with the intention of having biological children.

I remember reading that the reason Tom divorced Nicole was because she was pregnant, The article I read (I wish I could remember where) said scientologists were allowed to adopt children but all biological children had to be born to a mother and father who were full members. Nicole refused to convert so when she became pregnant, Tom filed for divorce because she went against the church.

MacMadame
07-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Because my question was actually more about why people find these rumors so credible when they strike me as highly unlikely.
IMO they don't pass the sniff test. (Which is different from Occam's Razor though some of them don't survive that either.)

The thing is, in Hollywood there are people that "everyone" knows are gay. And the reason is because people talk about things that happen -- this one was seen at a gay bar, that one was seen sneaking off with someone of the same sex at a party engaging in PDA. Or maybe they are unusually close to their "agent" or "manager" even living with them supposedly platonically but with a wink.

As an example, I wasn't remotely surprised when it was revealed that Rock Hudson was gay. Or Anderson Cooper came out. (Heck, I thought Anderson Cooper was already out.) Because there were credible rumors of actual relationships and other behavior for years.

But then we have celebrities about whom there are persistent rumors they are gay who don't do anything to support those rumors. Tom Cruise is one of them. He's been married 3 times ... to women ... he dates women ... there is no long-time slightly too close to him male who "everyone" knows is really his partner. And no real rumors of him being seen sneaking off with guys or going to gay pickup joints. The only rumors we hear are 3rd hand at best and are about stuff he maybe did when he was very young which may be true but since they are so vague and not first or even second-hand, probably aren't.

As for his supposed 'sham' marriages that were supposedly engaged in to cover up his supposed gayness, there isn't a lot of evidence to support that either. He got Nicole pregnant twice (even if neither pregnancy came to term) and has a kid with Katie Holmes. He talked about all his wives as if he was in love with them at the time of the marriage and for quite some time afterwards until at least the divorce -- though in the case of this one he's talking like he's still in love with Katie.

And all the talk of him and Nicole agreeing to be married for just under 10 years that are supposedly open knowledge in Hollywood only came to light when they divorced after slightly less than 10 years of marriage. There were no rumors like that beforehand. And no rumors of a 5 year contract between him and Katie either, for that matter. There were rumors about a pre-nup at the time, but those rumors were about a big payout at year 11, I believe, not year 5.

overedge
07-16-2012, 06:56 AM
As for his supposed 'sham' marriages that were supposedly engaged in to cover up his supposed gayness, there isn't a lot of evidence to support that either. He got Nicole pregnant twice (even if neither pregnancy came to term) and has a kid with Katie Holmes.

If he is gay, he wouldn't be the only gay guy to be married to a woman or to have sex with a woman.

MarieM
07-16-2012, 11:14 AM
The rumorS of the 5 year contract between Tom and Katie have been around ... since the beginning of that marriage. Everywhere. Like the fact Suri is probably not his :lol: It's a hot topic since she was born :lol:

berthesghost
07-16-2012, 12:56 PM
If he is gay, he wouldn't be the only gay guy to be married to a woman or to have sex with a woman.
Nor would he be the first self-hating gay guy to seek solace in an overbearing religion that will help him fight his "disease". I love how it's assumed that only sexually active men are "gay". Tom hasn't been seen down at Rawhide in years, so he must be straight now. :lol:

Eta: I also don't put too much stock in the "friend who's too close" smoking gun. So, Whitney and Oprah are gay, but Tom is not? Sounds like grabbing at straws to me.

Prancer
07-16-2012, 01:48 PM
I remember reading that the reason Tom divorced Nicole was because she was pregnant, The article I read (I wish I could remember where) said scientologists were allowed to adopt children but all biological children had to be born to a mother and father who were full members. Nicole refused to convert so when she became pregnant, Tom filed for divorce because she went against the church.

Is that true about Scientology?

Sounds like grabbing at straws to me.

Cool, then I will ask you--what do you consider evidence that the rumors are true?

Rafter
07-16-2012, 02:31 PM

Interesting. If this is true, then I wonder how he had a child with Holmes, who as far as I know was never a full member of the CoS.