PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Badams
06-29-2012, 08:18 PM
I can't say I'm shocked, but I really do hope that they can settle things quickly and peacefully for Suri's sake.

Skittl1321
06-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Part of that contract should state how long the party will be married for (1 year, 3 years, 5 years)

My wedding actually did include a part that said how long "the party" would remain married. The time frame we used was "until death".

I have no problem if others want to phrase it differently and pick a different timeframe. But it is absurd to think the contract doesn't already include this provision, every marriage I've witnessed has. Maybe civil marriages don't?

If this particular marriage was anything more than a short term contract, I'm sad for them that what they thought would work didn't, and I hope Suri is able to find a normal life, as much as a celebrity kid can.

AxelAnnie
06-29-2012, 08:29 PM
This is utterly shocking!! What in the world took her so long? And, do you think she will actually come out of her trance.

Marney0612
06-29-2012, 08:32 PM
What was in the prenup? I don't remember!

Rob
06-29-2012, 08:33 PM
The contract is a prenuptial agreement. I read that the prenup gave her $3million for every year she stayed married to him up to $33 million (11 years). If they stay married 11 years, the prenup expires and she gets 1/2 his $ under the community property laws.

genevieve
06-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I hope Suri is able to find a normal life, as much as a celebrity kid can.

:rofl: of course Suri doesn't have a normal life and never will.

Cruise's kids with Kidman had relatively normal-ish lives (although wealthy lives that probably didn't include a ton of "normal" going-to-the-mall-with-mom/dad), but the second Suri was born? Instant STAR with her own paparazzi!! Just like the the first Jolie-Pitt kid got way more exposure than any of Angelina's previously adopted kids had to that point (of course now her whole brood has its own celebrity status - the kids probably have agents just to deal with their fashion shoots :lol: )

Katie seems like a very devoted mom, and if she can keep Suri from being sucked into the Scientology void, I'm sure the Cruiselette will be just fine.

milanessa
06-29-2012, 08:37 PM
The contract is a prenuptial agreement. I read that the prenup gave her $3million for every year she stayed married to him up to $33 million (11 years). If they stay married 11 years, the prenup expires and she gets 1/2 his $ under the community property laws.

Okay. I thought people were saying there was a Scientology contract. The pre-nup thing sounds like a normal Hollywood/rich folk thing.

jamesy
06-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Did Xenu give the ok for Tom to release her?

made_in_canada
06-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Do you give medical advice, too? :lol:

Nope. It's just a casual observation as I stated. Where's the fun in celebrity watching if you can't make judgements/observations based on whatever ends up in the media ;)

Rogue
06-29-2012, 09:53 PM
This should be a VBET!!!!!

I'm picking Blake Lively as the new contract negotiator.

Rumor mongors are picking Julianne Hough, but Blake seems just as likely to me.

Jem X
06-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I think Julianne Hough seems like a good bet; doesn't she have a similar contract right now with Ryan Seacrest? ;)

berthesghost
06-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I love fsu! I came here hoping for some good info/ juicy gossip, but now I'm so interested in knowing who pissed in PeterG's corn flakes this am! :lol: maybe he's Katie's dad? That's why he knows that the crash of their idyllic fairytail union is indeed a tragedy unworthy of cynical snickering.

Wyliefan
06-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Nah, I imagine Katie's dad is breaking out the champagne as we speak.

PeterG
06-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I love fsu! I came here hoping for some good info/ juicy gossip, but now I'm so interested in knowing who pissed in PeterG's corn flakes this am! :lol: maybe he's Katie's dad? That's why he knows that the crash of their idyllic fairytail union is indeed a tragedy unworthy of cynical snickering.

Sorry, isn't this the "Who's the biggest b*tch on FSU" thread? I was going for the title! :lol: (But what competition!!)

I didn't realize there was an actual contract :o

Never let acquiring factual information get in the way of sharpening your fingernails.

There was probably a "payout" scheduled if the marriage continued.
Nicole Kidman had such an "arrangement" which is why their marriage ended when it did.

Link, please.

MINAM
06-29-2012, 11:03 PM
So the "Save Katie" worked. LOL

I sort of remember that Holmes come from a Catholic(? Correct me if I'm wrong) family and her parents were not too pleased about the scientology things.
Cruise's adopted kids are both scientologist, aren't they?