PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

MacMadame
07-07-2012, 03:46 AM
I think the reason people reacted the way they did to the couch jumping episode is that it was so out of character for the public Tom Cruise that they had seen until now. And, actually, that we've seen since.

Southpaw
07-07-2012, 04:54 AM
I doubt it -- too many pre-Clears around here. :shuffle:

Xenu donít allow no Scientology-doubting around here
Well we donít care what Xenu donít allow
We gonna talk about old Xenu anyhow

Xenu donít allow no Thetan-mocking around here
Well we donít care what Xenu donít allow
We gonna gossip about Level III Thetans anyhow

Xenu's gonna toss your ass into a volcano.

VALuvsMKwan
07-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Xenu's gonna toss your ass into a volcano.

Miss Xenu can TRY to bring it, but my ass (and the rest of me) is substantial - maybe not Star Jones pre bypass/I mean weight loss substantial, but still... ;)

heckles
07-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Now if Cruise had provided a pool-sized vat of jello and pulled Oprah with him into it and then body painted her with the jello...now that would have been crazy.

Nah, Tom saves the naked jello-painting for Travolta.

IceAlisa
07-08-2012, 11:48 PM
That marriage totally wasn't for show. :P

Totally.

PeterG
07-09-2012, 03:48 AM

Now, you are just spreading rumours. Shame on you.

/sarcasm

Rogue
07-09-2012, 05:12 AM
Now, you are just spreading rumours. Shame on you.

/sarcasm

Well, we're not ones to go 'round spreading rumors.
No really we are not the gossiping kind.
No you'll never hear one of us repeating gossip.
So you better be sure and listen close the first time.

victoriajh
07-09-2012, 07:15 AM

:rofl:

Jenny
07-09-2012, 01:52 PM
New article on Hollywood and Scientology.
(http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/celebrity-news/the-tomkat-split-is-hollywood-getting-a-divorce-from-scientology/article4394740/)
Interesting tidbits:

The detonation of TomKat has escalated from just another celebrity divorce story into a full-blown public trial for Scientology and its ties to the entertainment industry. As Hollywood gears up for the fall release of Paul Thomas Andersonís The Master (rumoured to be a fictional biopic of L. Ron Hubbard), and New Yorker writer Lawrence Wright puts the final touches on his book chronicling the defection Paul Haggis, one of Scientologyís biggest Hollywood names, the Church is facing a publicity crisis of unparalleled proportions.

For years now, Scientology membership has been sold to young recruits as not just a balm to the soul and ticket to eternal life in outer space but also as a networking opportunity Ė and given the impressive number of powerful actors, producers, writers and agents known or rumoured to be in its ranks, this would seem to be its most justifiable claim.

For insight into how Hollywood talent is seduced into Scientology, itís instructive to watch Rona Barrettís 1984 TV interview with the young Tom Cruise. Prior to his conversion, Cruise comes across as a vulnerable young man who craves validation and is haunted by a childhood marred by poverty and divorce. Scientology, which he was introduced to in 1990 by his first wife, the actress Mimi Rogers, would have offered him not only a sense of belonging in Hollywood, but spiritual validation for his burgeoning public persona.

By abandoning the celebrity flock, Holmes is not just fleeing her own marriage but imperiling a much grander union, a relationship on which the future of her husbandís religion may rest: The love affair between Hollywood royalty and the Church. Will her bid for escape ruin Hubbardís 60-year-old Project Celebrity? One thing is certain Ė itíll all play out in this summerís science fiction star vehicle: Katie vs. Xenu.

heckles
07-09-2012, 04:08 PM
No you'll never hear one of us repeating gossip.
So you better be sure and listen close the first time.

Well then, gloom, despair, and agony on you!

Rogue
07-09-2012, 04:31 PM

LOL - I think we both need to head to the "getting old" thread.

VALuvsMKwan
07-09-2012, 05:05 PM

Deep dark depression - excessive misery...

Why, heckles, darlin' - I would never have guessed you to be a closet "Hee Haw" viewer (my neck is red enough for me to out myself). ;)

AliasJohnDoe
07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
^^I'll finish it off...

"If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me."

I should go to the "getting old" thread too. :rofl:

Southpaw
07-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Everybody Drink! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5ob9B9yD4)

manleywoman
07-09-2012, 06:12 PM
TMZ is reporting they've already settled (http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/09/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-settlement/). Wow, that was fast.