PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

PeterG
07-06-2012, 10:22 PM
...If that makes me a judgmental, Tom Cruise hating, Scientology bashing fool...so be it.

Welcome. Make yourself at home. :)

Badams
07-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Welcome. Make yourself at home. :)

It's pretty cozy here. I hope Xenu brings muffins.

PeterG
07-06-2012, 10:27 PM
It's pretty cozy here. I hope Xenu brings muffins.

They're addictive. You won't want to leave.

Not like that's an option, however. In case you were considering...........

Badams
07-06-2012, 10:31 PM
They're addictive. You won't want to leave.

Not like that's an option, however. In case you were considering...........

As long as there's no Kool-Aid, I think we will all be fine. :D

Prancer
07-06-2012, 10:43 PM
maybe that's a move to skew future DNA tests? I don't know the science, but on the soaps at least (!), a close relative makes testing less conclusive.

Two people with the same parents would have very similar DNA and there can be confusion there. Two cousins would have very different DNA.

Yeah, but they shouldn't change the entire personality of the main character. Especially one that is so clearly developed in a series of books.

But they do. I loved the Fletch books when I was younger. I knew Fletch. I read Fletch. And Chevy Chase? Was no Fletch.

Chevy Chase stars in another book-to-move adaptation I loathed--Memoirs of an Invisible Man. Great book, but wrong wrong wrong in the screen version in every way.

I never realized the Reacher books were so popular. They are like ice cream for the brain :lol: And I love ice cream!

I refuse to buy them because after a smart start Lee Child started insulting my intelligence and I don't want to reward him for it, but I've still read them all because I can't resist.

skatingfan5
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
It's pretty cozy here. I hope Xenu brings muffins.I doubt it -- too many pre-Clears around here. :shuffle:

Xenu don’t allow no Scientology-doubting around here
Well we don’t care what Xenu don’t allow
We gonna talk about old Xenu anyhow

Xenu don’t allow no Thetan-mocking around here
Well we don’t care what Xenu don’t allow
We gonna gossip about Level III Thetans anyhow

Sparks
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
I doubt it -- too many pre-Clears around here. :shuffle:

Xenu donít allow no Scientology-doubtng around here
Well we donít care what Xenu donít allow

Xenu donít allow no Thetan-mocking around here

A MASTERPIECE!
:encore::encore::encore:

Jenny
07-06-2012, 11:01 PM
I thought he was crazy. It seemed manic and completely fake.

That was my take - that he was playing another role, but without the benefit of Oscar winning screenwriters and directors. It was very soon after their engagement was announced IIRC, which was about five minutes after the first time their names were even connected.

In itself it might not have been over the top, but in the context of a bizarrely short lead up to the engagement, stunt-like proposal and arrival at a movie premiere on a motorcycle, the couch performance became symbolic of the general WTF of the whole thing.

cruisin
07-06-2012, 11:02 PM
But they do. I loved the Fletch books when I was younger. I knew Fletch. I read Fletch. And Chevy Chase? Was no Fletch.

I never read the Fletch books, so the only thing I ever thought was simply that Chevy Chase was a terrible actor. Great on SNL, but after that...?

Chevy Chase stars in another book-to-move adaptation I loathed--Memoirs of an Invisible Man. Great book, but wrong wrong wrong in the screen version in every way.

I got the impression that that movie was a spoof. But, I agree with you.

I refuse to buy them because after a smart start Lee Child started insulting my intelligence and I don't want to reward him for it, but I've still read them all because I can't resist.

:lol: My husband was reading them. He knows I like mystery/thriller books, so he gave them to me when he was done. I didn't think I'd like them, based on reading the little excerpt on the covers, but I got addicted :lol:. I only read them at home, though, they are a secret pleasure. But, it seems they are for lots of us! :lol: Love it!

Wyliefan
07-06-2012, 11:16 PM

:lol: :respec:

skatingfan5
07-06-2012, 11:21 PM
A MASTERPIECE!
:encore::encore::encore::o Hardly -- I couldn't even spell "doubting" correctly. :lol: Clearly, Xenu was NOT amused. :slinkaway

Ziggy
07-06-2012, 11:25 PM
That marriage totally wasn't for show. :P

Prancer
07-06-2012, 11:35 PM
I got the impression that that movie was a spoof.

Like I said, it had NOTHING to do with the book. The book is really good. The movie is just :scream:

:lol: My husband was reading them. He knows I like mystery/thriller books, so he gave them to me when he was done. I didn't think I'd like them, based on reading the little excerpt on the covers, but I got addicted :lol:. I only read them at home, though, they are a secret pleasure. But, it seems they are for lots of us! :lol: Love it!

rfisher reads them; we talk about them in the book threads sometimes. And there really are Reacher Creatures; check out the Lee Child boards. They're kinda scary.

cruisin
07-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Like I said, it had NOTHING to do with the book. The book is really good. The movie is just :scream:

rfisher reads them; we talk about them in the book threads sometimes. And there really are Reacher Creatures; check out the Lee Child boards. They're kinda scary.

Really?! I will check them out. But, are they really creepy?

It's funny, I always thought of the Reacher books as being more guy's books. But, I think they appeal more to women. We like that bad boy character. As long as we don't have to deal with them in real life ;).

overedge
07-07-2012, 02:16 AM

Xenu donít allow no Scientology-doubting around here

:rofl: Everybody grab a tin can and sing along!!