PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

PeterG
07-06-2012, 03:17 AM
Sometimes, and guess what? Sometimes people complain about it. *gasp* :P

Yes, and that always does a lot of good! :lol:

Mayra
07-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Yes, and that always does a lot of good! :lol:

Since when has THAT ever stopped anyone from expressing criticism or talking about a movie in general?

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83772

:shuffle:

kwanfan1818
07-06-2012, 04:23 AM
Interesting article here on the auditing of Scientology children, which can start as early as age 6. If this was in store for Suri, one can't blame Katie for trying to get her away from this. Some of the questions are :eek: for any kid, let alone one so young.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/06/katie_holmes_scientology_sec_checking_suri_tom_cru ise.php
The answer to many of those questions is "Of course. I'm a kid." I suspect that's not an acceptable answer, though.

Clytie
07-06-2012, 05:02 AM
I have to admit (hangs head) out of boredom I have been reading a lot of gossip for the last couple of months. The Tom Cruise stuff is fascinating in a car crash kind of way- except for the Scientologist part. I read about the auditing for kids and its creeping - and the SeaOrgs. As an atheist I really don't have a problem with people believing what they want to believe, but I can see where maybe this drove Katie over the line. The one I feel for the most is Suri. She's an innocent kid stuck in a crazy situation. I would feel for any kid in that scenario.

However I do have to contribute one of my favourite gossip sites links about the 'paternity' of Suri. I think all the guesses come up because of rumours that Tom is infertile and both ex-wives had biological kids with their new spouses. I think she might be his - treatments are cutting edge and he has the dough - but some of the comments honestly make me laugh.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2012/03/your-turn_22.html

Cachoo
07-06-2012, 05:13 AM
OMG Josh Hartnett is Suri's dad?!! Thanks for the link for the guilty pleasure of reading so much dreck. ITA about Suri--she's so young yet she must have some inkling that her world might be turning upside down. What a mess.

vesperholly
07-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Those Village Voice "Running Scared" blogs are true :yikes: material. I fell down the rabbit hole last Friday night and still haven't gotten through all of them.

I KNOW, RIGHT? I had some free time at work tonight and squandered it all reading those articles. The scariest part is the silence clauses and what they did to Debbi Cook - who moved to the Caribbean to escape them. :scream: :scream: :scream:

BaileyCatts
07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
One thing I just wanted to say is all the people who think Suri ain't TC's kid ... OMG she looks exactly like him! Especially around the eyes. I remember a People magazine spread from when she was maybe about 2, I just barely glanced at the cover and totally saw Tom in her face and thought even then how can people even be trying to say that ain't Tom's kid when she looks so much like him.

That's all. :inavoid:

cruisin
07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
I agree, with everyone here, that Suri is the one most likely to be hurt by this. But, I have a sense that she was going to be tangled up in a lot of very oppressive Scientology stuff, and Katie wanted to protect her. I doubt that Katie really understood what she was getting into she she married Tom. I also think that she may have been more, for real, about the marriage than he was. So many rumors about tom's sexuality and it is rather :confused: that he never had kids with the first two wives. But, as BC said, Suri does look like him. Of course she also looks like her mother, who looks like she could be Tom's sister. maybe that's why he picked her :D.

manleywoman
07-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I think Suri is TC's kid. JMHO.

Jenny
07-06-2012, 03:47 PM
This thread is the first where I've heard question of Suri's paternity. Tom is not stupid - if he's not the father, I imagine the true identity would be very hard to uncover, and that it wouldn't be some bodyguard like one or more of Michael Jackson's kids are speculated to be. Upthread someone mentioned his actor cousin - that would be William Mapother (the creepy Nathan from Lost) - so maybe that's a move to skew future DNA tests? I don't know the science, but on the soaps at least (!), a close relative makes testing less conclusive.

Personally I think it's his. How his sperm got to Katie's egg is another story. :lol:

Cachoo
07-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Do folks seriously believe she is not his child? Those rags make up chit minute by minute. I am talking about the people who question Tom's paternity. I am not talking about good publications like The Village Voice that focus on the religion called Scientology.

bmcg
07-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I think questioning the kids paternity is a distraction they don't need right now. Making up ridiculous stories in tabloids turns it into a circus when the focus should stay on the fact that Katie wants sole custody of the child to protect her and their relationship. I think it could hurt her if people start throwing out all these fantasies that are easy to dispute.

MacMadame
07-06-2012, 04:22 PM
it is rather :confused: that he never had kids with the first two wives.

Nicole was pregnant twice while with Tom but the pregnancies didn't come to terms and he was married to Mimi Rogers for only a few years when he was younger and probably not ready to be a dad.

I don't think there is anything remotely :confused: about it.

aliceanne
07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
One thing I just wanted to say is all the people who think Suri ain't TC's kid ... OMG she looks exactly like him! Especially around the eyes. I remember a People magazine spread from when she was maybe about 2, I just barely glanced at the cover and totally saw Tom in her face and thought even then how can people even be trying to say that ain't Tom's kid when she looks so much like him.

That's all. :inavoid:

I think she looks exactly like her mother. I don't see any special resemblance to Tom other than he and Katie are similar in coloring etc. But all that proves is that you can't go by appearances as everyone sees something different.

He claims paternity, and no one else has, so I don't see why it is an issue of public interest. It wouldn't settle the question as to whether he is gay or straight one way or the other if he were proven not to be her biological father. Unless he has been publicly anti-gay, who cares what his sexual orientation is?

AxelAnnie
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
:
Reacher is driving a car?????? And is that New York???

:lol::lol::lol:

Clearly this movie is NOT going to be anything like the books. Not unexpected, but still--the Reacher Creatures will be all :lynch:.

Reacher Creature here! So very bummed. I started laughing when the car started......It would be like The Sound of Music starting at the top of the Empire State Building. Missing the essence. And then Tom Cruise spoke..little tiny, tinny voice...oh so not Reacher. I have read all the books, and look forward to each one. Lee Childs has IMO done a fabulous job in crafting this character. Oh well.

I hope all three of the Cruises exit this phase of their lives with grace and dignity. Doesn't have to be a dog fight.