PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

CynicElle
07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Really? :lol: I'm actually reading this book at the moment 'One Shot' by Lee Child, and the character Jack Reacher is 6'5", over 200lbs in weight with a 50" chest :lol:

sorry, for off topic ...

:lol: Can't wait to see THAT pair of lifts!

overedge
07-04-2012, 08:08 PM
:lol: Can't wait to see THAT pair of lifts!

Let's just say that Cruise being cast as Reacher (ironic name, hmm) was not a popular choice among Lee Child's fans.

Jenny
07-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Doesn't Nicole have full custody of her and Tom's children?

Isabella said in an interview a few months ago that she talks to Nicole frequently and considers her "mom," although that interview was met with some skepticism as Nicole has rarely been seen with either of the kids in years, whereas they are often photographed with Tom (and Katie).

Nicole and Keith now have two young children of their own.

Prancer
07-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm a particularly poor speller and don't generally give a shit about gramatical rules, but the article seemed poorly written, void of verified facts and really was at a level of the gutter press we get in the UK. If the thrust of your article is how bad scientologists are about letting you leave, then write coherently about it to make your point.

That's actually one of the criteria we use in assessing credibility of source material in research--poor spelling and grammar are evidence of lack of quality control and attention to detail. But...

To give a little background, TMZ is an online website dedicated to celebrity news. It's basically your gutter press. ;)

This. The point is not accuracy but speed with TMZ.

Surely Tom will fight that? Doesn't sole custody mean that he wouldn't even get visitation rights? Don't you have to have some very good reasons for demanding sole custody - reasons that will have to be proven in court if he fights her?

It does not mean he won't get visitation. It does mean, however, that Katie would be the one to make all the decisions for Suri; Tom could visit but wouldn't have any legal authority. It's supposedly the reason that Katie filed in New York, where she is more likely to be able to make a case for sole custody than she would in California. Tom is already moving to have the case moved to California, arguing that Katie does not meet New York residency requirements.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out, as New York seals family court records and California does not, or so I heard from some news show the other day.

Tom OTOH, other than a quick statement about being "deeply saddened" has said little and been seen less, even on his 50th birthday. Nothing about Suri, not even a stock PR statement about putting her needs first etc.

His statement said that he was deeply saddened and was concentrating on his three children.

Really? :lol: I'm actually reading this book at the moment 'One Shot' by Lee Child, and the character Jack Reacher is 6'5", over 200lbs in weight with a 50" chest :lol:

And Reacher's imposing size is a big part of his persona, so you KNOW the movie is going to bear little resemblance to the books. Not unusual, but still :rolleyes:.

Jenny
07-04-2012, 08:47 PM
It does not mean he won't get visitation. It does mean, however, that Katie would be the one to make all the decisions for Suri; Tom could visit but wouldn't have any legal authority. It's supposedly the reason that Katie filed in New York, where she is more likely to be able to make a case for sole custody than she would in California. Tom is already moving to have the case moved to California, arguing that Katie does not meet New York residency requirements.

Ah, this is starting to make sense.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out, as New York seals family court records and California does not, or so I heard from some news show the other day.

But this does not. Or does Tom think he's so powerful and godlike that having the court records scrutinized by the media and public won't be a problem?

His statement said that he was deeply saddened and was concentrating on his three children.

Right, forgot about the second half. Nonetheless, I do expect something from Tom and his camp soon once they figure out what he wants, and what they need to do to get it. Not just re Suri, but re how this might affect his career and image, which seems to be rather important to him.

Plus, if he's going to go shopping for wife #4, then he needs to do some damage control, no? :P

I really don't care what happens to any of them on a personal level, but I do find it interesting to watch how these things play out on the public stage. :watch:

Alex Forrest
07-04-2012, 09:06 PM
And Reacher's imposing size is a big part of his persona, so you KNOW the movie is going to bear little resemblance to the books. Not unusual, but still :rolleyes:.

Tom Cruise is a very short man. I keep seeing 5'7" but I'd put him shorter than that.

I have no idea how they would do Reacher with him. Make smaller sized sets? Hire tiny people?

milanessa
07-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I have no idea how they would do Reacher with him. Make smaller sized sets? Higher tiny people?

Smaller sets is a good idea but wouldn't you want to lower people? ;)

orbitz
07-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm assuming Richer is a fictional character from some popular novel? If the film is a successful then I doubt it would matter much in the end that Tom doesn't physically resemble the lead character in the book. There was a lot of highly vocal criticisms against Tom when he was chosen to play the lead in the Ann Rice's vampire film a decade ago. Fans of the book and the author imagined someone like Rutger Hauer in the role. Once the movie came out, however, Ann Rice herself said that she was wrong in her criticisms of Cruise's casting.

milanessa
07-04-2012, 09:25 PM
As Prancer said (implied), Reacher's size is an integral part of the story lines. Different case altogether.

Alex Forrest
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
I remember that casting controversy regarding IWAV. Rutger Hauer was too old by that time. And I think TC was miscast in the role, but it was a far more successful film with him in it, so it was a break even thing. But I still find it hard to rewatch Interview solely due to Cruise. I can focus on Pitt and Dunst and Banderas and pretend that the mincing Lestat isn't even present.

dots
07-04-2012, 09:47 PM
If all the rumors about Sea org are true, I hope Tom ends up in jail. :scream:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168225/Tom-Cruise-Katie-Holmes-divorce-Inside-Scientologys-Sea-Org-Suri-faced-joining.html?ICO=most_read_module

Coco
07-04-2012, 10:03 PM
It's hard to have a discussion of Hollywood and Scientology without referencing Steve Martin's Bowfinger.

"Did you know Tom Cruise had no idea he was in that vampire movie till two years later?"

kwanfan1818
07-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Plus, if he's going to go shopping for wife #4, then he needs to do some damage control, no? :P
Hasn't stopped Morozov.

Tom Cruise is a very short man. I keep seeing 5'7" but I'd put him shorter than that.

5'7" is the official minimum height for a man. No matter how short.

Latte
07-04-2012, 11:06 PM
My fiance Lindsay Lohan can set you up with a nice lady.

FYI, you can check in any time you like. But you can never leave. Welcome.

Welcome To The Hotel California
Such A Lovely Place:D

Latte
07-04-2012, 11:09 PM
My understanding is that Katie wants to be the sole custodian but offer 50/50 visitation. (this quote says it better"Holmes is seeking sole legal custody and “primary residential custody” of their child. ") This way she can make sole decisions about religion, medical etc. I don't think anywhere she says Tom is a bad father and shouldn't see Suri. And yes, I am sure he will fight for the same thing. Adding that is why she filed in NY vs CA (in CA the court presumes joint).
There is always the interesting thought that he is not the father, and she can prove it in court if she has to.:watch: