PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

berthesghost
07-04-2012, 05:27 AM
I don't even get what you're trying to say :confused: the only thing I was pointing out is how utterly stupid the article you linked to is. Scientology is an idealogy not a physical thing. How can it chase, follow, threaten or do anything to another person? Scientologists can do all of those things. People connected to Tom Cruise can, but scientology can do none of those things, just as Christianity would nothing to you if you slept with, assasinated or did anything else to the pope. Human beings can do things.
I was poking fun at how petty and schoolmarmish your complaints were, criticizing gramer and claiming not to get the jist of the article. It's like if a news bulletin came on the tv saying "the world is ending" and you're like "I don't get it. How can the world end. Sure all life forms will die and the planet will be baren of all vegetation and water, but the world will still be here as a rock in space. :lol:
The woman is being harassed by people in her ex husbands cult. How difficult a concept is that to grasp? Now, back to our regularly scheduled program of checking news article for spelling errors. :rolleyes: tornado warning in my town. I don't understand. How can a deadly storm warn me? It can't speak. :blah:

MacMadame
07-04-2012, 06:10 AM
I might make a small guess that she, like anyone who marries, someone different than they want them to be, believed that she could change him to her point of view
I think she was in love and pregnant and not much thinking went into any of it.

This is by no means the first time I've seen these stories. They may be untrue -- only those involved would know for certain -- but they're not new.
Well you know what they say... repeat a lie often enough and people will start believing it.

kwanfan1818
07-04-2012, 10:07 AM
The reason the stories don't seem as ridiculous as they would if Cruise weren't the poster boy for Scientology is that he is a property, much like a political candidate. He's worth mega-bucks to Scientology, and like a presidential candidate or British royalty, he needs to be seen with the proper spouse.

NBA players have handlers who go up to women in whom the player is interested and make the contact. I wouldn't surprise me if the Scientology hierarchy did background checks to be sure women would be suitable, and then arranged a set-up.

antmanb
07-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I was poking fun at how petty and schoolmarmish your complaints were, criticizing gramer and claiming not to get the jist of the article. It's like if a news bulletin came on the tv saying "the world is ending" and you're like "I don't get it. How can the world end. Sure all life forms will die and the planet will be baren of all vegetation and water, but the world will still be here as a rock in space. :lol:
The woman is being harassed by people in her ex husbands cult. How difficult a concept is that to grasp? Now, back to our regularly scheduled program of checking news article for spelling errors. :rolleyes: tornado warning in my town. I don't understand. How can a deadly storm warn me? It can't speak. :blah:

I'm a particularly poor speller and don't generally give a shit about gramatical rules, but the article seemed poorly written, void of verified facts and really was at a level of the gutter press we get in the UK. If the thrust of your article is how bad scientologists are about letting you leave, then write coherently about it to make your point. Nebulous ideas of the boogeyman is going to get you doesn't really wash with me. I have the same derrision for the "war on terror".

Mayra
07-04-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm a particularly poor speller and don't generally give a shit about gramatical rules, but the article seemed poorly written, void of verified facts and really was at a level of the gutter press we get in the UK. If the thrust of your article is how bad scientologists are about letting you leave, then write coherently about it to make your point. Nebulous ideas of the boogeyman is going to get you doesn't really wash with me. I have the same derrision for the "war on terror".

To give a little background, TMZ is an online website dedicated to celebrity news. It's basically your gutter press. ;)

MacMadame
07-04-2012, 02:42 PM
NBA players have handlers who go up to women in whom the player is interested and make the contact. I wouldn't surprise me if the Scientology hierarchy did background checks to be sure women would be suitable, and then arranged a set-up.

I wouldn't be surprised either. But that's a far cry from how these stories are presented where they talk about women being lured to the Scientology offices and doing on camera interviews to "audition" for the "part of Mrs. Tom Cruise."

My feeling about Andrew Morton is that he does a bit of research so there is a kernel of truth to what he says but it's not thorough research and he makes a lot of it up to sound as salacious as possible.

PeterG
07-04-2012, 05:41 PM
I am leading a class entitled "The Wonders of Scientology" next week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If the classes fill up quickly, I will add Saturday and Sunday classes as well. If you would like to attend, please PM me.

taf2002
07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I am leading a class entitled "The Wonders of Scientology" next week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If the classes fill up quickly, I will add Saturday and Sunday classes as well. If you would like to attend, please PM me.

I'll see if I can get a flight. I'll have to let you know which session I can make. :P

AliasJohnDoe
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM

I refuse to sit in a closet while attending a class. :P

Can I bring a boyfriend, or do I have to bring a fake wife?

PeterG
07-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Can I bring a boyfriend, or do I have to bring a fake wife?

My fiance Lindsay Lohan can set you up with a nice lady.

I'll see if I can get a flight. I'll have to let you know which session I can make. :P

FYI, you can check in any time you like. But you can never leave. Welcome.

Jenny
07-04-2012, 06:37 PM
If we may get back to the topic at hand for a moment - I'm surprised there isn't more discussion here and in the media about the fact that Katie is seeking sole custody of Suri.

Surely Tom will fight that? Doesn't sole custody mean that he wouldn't even get visitation rights? Don't you have to have some very good reasons for demanding sole custody - reasons that will have to be proven in court if he fights her?

The implications are interesting. Will Tom put his image or his daughter first, on the assumption that if he fights Katie a lot of stuff is going to come out that doesn't match with his carefully cultivated image? Has Katie made this bold move knowing this, or is it basically a starting bid in the negotiation, and/or a threat to him not to mess with her?

It's also interesting that she's being seen around NY both before and after the filing - yesterday taking Suri for ice cream with an entourage of friends and bodyguards for example. This says to me that her publicist is playing out a strategy in the media - making sure that everyone has the impression that Katie is essentially the sole parent, especially with the timing coinciding with Tom being in Iceland.

Tom OTOH, other than a quick statement about being "deeply saddened" has said little and been seen less, even on his 50th birthday. Nothing about Suri, not even a stock PR statement about putting her needs first etc. My guess is that Tom is huddled with his Scientology buds/legal/PR team - and that before long he'll make a move, and that will be interesting to see.

TheGirlCanSkate
07-04-2012, 06:40 PM
My understanding is that Katie wants to be the sole custodian but offer 50/50 visitation. (this quote says it better"Holmes is seeking sole legal custody and “primary residential custody” of their child. ") This way she can make sole decisions about religion, medical etc. I don't think anywhere she says Tom is a bad father and shouldn't see Suri. And yes, I am sure he will fight for the same thing. Adding that is why she filed in NY vs CA (in CA the court presumes joint).

PeterG
07-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Doesn't Nicole have full custody of her and Tom's children?

Non-divorce Cruise article:

Tom Cruise tops Forbes list of highest paid actors (http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/news/tom-cruise-tops-forbes-list-highest-paid-actors-192640622.html)

Leonardo DiCaprio and Adam Sandler (:yikes:) are way behind Cruise, tied at #2 (37 million each, compared to Cruise's 75 million take for the same one-year period).

And Cruise has two interesting movies in post-production: Jack Reacher (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790724/) and Oblivion (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483013/) (plus four other titles (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000129/) at the pre-production and "announced" stages).

numbers123
07-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Nope - the Kidman/Cruise children are with Tom

skatefan
07-04-2012, 07:06 PM
And Cruise has two interesting movies in post-production: Jack Reacher (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790724/)

Really? :lol: I'm actually reading this book at the moment 'One Shot' by Lee Child, and the character Jack Reacher is 6'5", over 200lbs in weight with a 50" chest :lol:

sorry, for off topic ...