PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

AliasJohnDoe
07-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Today (July 3) is Tom Cruises birthday.

skatingfan5
07-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Today (July 3) is Tom Cruises birthday.Katie's flight has probably put a bit of a damper on his b-day celebration -- and he probably wasn't exactly ecstatic about it being the big 50.

PeterG
07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
PeterG is John Travolta. :D

Minus the good hair.

Ummm, no. Peter can't fly a plane.

No, but I can take you to the moon, baby!

:lol: If that's true, maybe he can explain wtf he was thinking about deciding to make Battlefield Earth!@#$%!*@! :yikes: :scream:

Well...theoretically, if I actually were John Travolta, I might be so bold as to say that Ronnie assured me that not only would this movie be one of the biggest box office successes of all time, but that I would finally get my long overdue Oscar. Oh well. We all make mistakes... :shuffle:

Wyliefan
07-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I have a friend who goes to this place every Sunday that demands 10% of everyone's income...every Sunday! :eek: PLUS, they do the robbery of people in public, so there's a humiliation/shame thing happening if you try to offer up only seven or eight percent. I keep telling her that it's a cult/sham/criminal organization/evil that "defrauds susceptible people" as you say. And this kind of thing is catching on, because in our local newspapers, every issue has a full page ad where these scammers all list their locations and there's like 20 or 30 of them in total! It's horrific, I tell you!!!!! Alarming!!!!! :drama:

;)

:lol: I've been to plenty of churches in my life, of various denominations, in several different states and a couple of different continents, and not one of them has ever "demanded" any amount of money or made anyone aware of how much I gave. Or made me scrub anything with a toothbrush, either.

MacMadame
07-03-2012, 11:30 PM
I am of the school of thought that Cruise brings most of his negative publicity on himself and even his supporters admit he's controlling at a minimum. I am not a fan. And don't get me started on Scientology.

That said, I find most of what has been written about Cruise's romances to be fairly ridiculous. Like that Andrew Morton article about "auditioning" brides for Tom. It describes a bunch of supposed match-making/dating activities with no mention of going to the Scientology Center and being filmed and it describes a bunch of Hollywood actresses who never seemed to have dated Cruise who did have some sort of audition for a "Scientology" movie.

Wouldn't Occam's Razor suggest that some actresses were auditioned for the Battlefield Earth movie (or some other movie that never actually got made) and bunch of others were set up on dates with Tom in the way that people match-make for each other? That makes a lot more sense to me than what was reported.

In particular, no article I've read has ever claimed that Katie Holmes went to the Scientology Center and was filmed in an audition before dating Tom. Every article talks about them being set up by mutual friends.

Sparks
07-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Minus the good hair.

No, but I can take you to the moon, baby!:
LOL! I was just going to post the same thing, baby. :lol:

Wyliefan
07-03-2012, 11:46 PM
I am of the school of thought that Cruise brings most of his negative publicity on himself and even his supporters admit he's controlling at a minimum. I am not a fan. And don't get me started on Scientology.

That said, I find most of what has been written about Cruise's romances to be fairly ridiculous. Like that Andrew Morton article about "auditioning" brides for Tom. It describes a bunch of supposed match-making/dating activities with no mention of going to the Scientology Center and being filmed and it describes a bunch of Hollywood actresses who never seemed to have dated Cruise who did have some sort of audition for a "Scientology" movie.

Wouldn't Occam's Razor suggest that some actresses were auditioned for the Battlefield Earth movie (or some other movie that never actually got made) and bunch of others were set up on dates with Tom in the way that people match-make for each other? That makes a lot more sense to me than what was reported.

In particular, no article I've read has ever claimed that Katie Holmes went to the Scientology Center and was filmed in an audition before dating Tom. Every article talks about them being set up by mutual friends.

This is by no means the first time I've seen these stories. They may be untrue -- only those involved would know for certain -- but they're not new.

ETA: The Taiwanese weigh in (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txdulbqICJQ&feature=player_embedded).

kwanfan1818
07-04-2012, 01:29 AM
No, he isn't. I've met PeterG......:D
I have, too.

Tom Cruise wishes he would be so tall.

heckles
07-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Minus the good hair.

Okay, but what about the butt-chin?

Norlite
07-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Minus the good hair.

That Ron Popeil spray on is considered good?

No, but I can take you to the moon, baby!

In my dreams sweetie, only in my dreams. ;)

IceAlisa
07-04-2012, 02:33 AM
which brings me to my next question...

Is Tom Cruise a HOMOSEXUAL?

I thought it was common knowledge that Tom Cruise is gay.

Holley Calmes
07-04-2012, 02:51 AM
You guys are so funny. I love FSU.

PeterG
07-04-2012, 02:59 AM
Okay, but what about the butt-chin?

Another deficiency I must face in the mirror every day... :wuzrobbed

In my dreams sweetie, only in my dreams. ;)

:grope:

You guys are so funny. I love FSU.

So am I the funniest Scientologist you know?

numbers123
07-04-2012, 03:36 AM
This may be a dumb question, but could one presume that Katie did not fully research the practices of Scientology prior to marrying Cruise? If I was going to marry someone who practiced a religion of which I was unfamiliar, I'd certainly read up as much as I could about it so I'd know what I'm getting myself into.

I might make a small guess that she, like anyone who marries, someone different than they want them to be, believed that she could change him to her point of view

skateycat
07-04-2012, 04:30 AM
^^

Either that or she didn't mind so much when it was just her, but when she started to get a real sense of how it was going to impact their daughter's life, she saw what she'd gotten into on a whole different level.