PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Alex Forrest
07-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Has anybody here considered that perhaps PeterG is a Scientologist?

Jayar, I immediately thought that, since man-crushes on TC are so like 1987. I'm trying to figure his objections out, and he's going all uber on TC, but why? Could be a possibility.

I was friends in a superficial way who dated/slept with TC, and for TC to say he is 5'7", well maybe in four inch lifts. He's a tiny man. He and Paul Wylie would see eye to eye.

overedge
07-03-2012, 07:06 PM
This may be a dumb question, but could one presume that Katie did not fully research the practices of Scientology prior to marrying Cruise? If I was going to marry someone who practiced a religion of which I was unfamiliar, I'd certainly read up as much as I could about it so I'd know what I'm getting myself into.

I recall reading that she did, but she was OK with what she was told (by Cruise and by his associates) what Scientology was about. IIRC her parents were quite concerned, but I guess they couldn't persuade her otherwise, or they decided that if she was happy they would go along with it.

PeterG
07-03-2012, 07:08 PM
This may be a dumb question, but could one presume that Katie did not fully research the practices of Scientology prior to marrying Cruise? If I was going to marry someone who practiced a religion of which I was unfamiliar, I'd certainly read up as much as I could about it so I'd know what I'm getting myself into.

But as people have so aptly stated in this thread... "she's just a girrrrrl !" (Albeit a 28 year old one at the time of her marriage, but still...she's just a girrrrl !)

I would say "The Mafia is after me.", so saying "Scientology is after me" sounds like the correct semantics. It is not a church or a cult. Its a criminal organization that defrauds susceptible people.

The connection of this divorce to this evil business is the only reason I'm following the story. I hope Suri is more protected than his other two children.

I have a friend who goes to this place every Sunday that demands 10% of everyone's income...every Sunday! :eek: PLUS, they do the robbery of people in public, so there's a humiliation/shame thing happening if you try to offer up only seven or eight percent. I keep telling her that it's a cult/sham/criminal organization/evil that "defrauds susceptible people" as you say. And this kind of thing is catching on, because in our local newspapers, every issue has a full page ad where these scammers all list their locations and there's like 20 or 30 of them in total! It's horrific, I tell you!!!!! Alarming!!!!! :drama:

IŽll enjoy the attention :D

;)

DarrellH
07-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Maybe PeterG IS Tom C?:rofl:

PeterG
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM

Our legions are many. We are not limited to watching just one or two of you at a time.

Post carefully. Heed the warning.

bmcg
07-03-2012, 07:43 PM

It would all depend on what she chose to believe. Scientology can look good and make sense if it's presented to you that way. Critics can be made to look crazy with personal grudges that make it easy for you to dismiss. If the guy you love is showering you with attention and showing you all the good aspects of his faith then you might be more inclined to jump right in. I very much doubt Tom started his courtship with Katie with "you should be aware that any children we have we be shipped off to Sea Organization". She isn't the first woman to walk into something, ignore all the red flags thinking it won't happen to her. And even *IF* she were fine with the idea back then it seems she has changed her mind. It's hard to go away on a two week vacation and leave your kids behind without worrying about them so it's not surprising to me that even if she thought it was fine in theory while she was still high on love that she couldnŽt actually do it when push came to shove. Tom, from interviews/videos, seems very very firm in his religious convictions that it's easy to see this could become an irreconcilable difference between the two.

overedge
07-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I have a friend who goes to this place every Sunday that demands 10% of everyone's income...every Sunday! :eek: PLUS, they do the robbery of people in public, so there's a humiliation/shame thing happening if you try to offer up only seven or eight percent. I keep telling her that it's a cult/sham/criminal organization/evil that "defrauds susceptible people" as you say. And this kind of thing is catching on, because in our local newspapers, every issue has a full page ad where these scammers all list their locations and there's like 20 or 30 of them in total! It's horrific, I tell you!!!!! Alarming!!!!! :drama:

Yes, but - again - if other religious organizations are doing questionable things, that doesn't make Scientology's practices any more acceptable. The discussion is about what Scientology does, not whether what Scientology does is better or worse in comparison to other organized groups.

Peaches LaTour
07-03-2012, 07:48 PM

No, he isn't. I've met PeterG......:D

PeterG
07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
No, he isn't. I've met PeterG......:D

Thank you for vouching for me. Peaches can verify that I am MUCH better looking than Mr. Cruise. And an inch or two taller, I might add. See you at the next S. meeting, Peachy! :)

overedge
07-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Andrew Morton, who wrote an unauthorized biography of Cruise, on the influence of Scientology on how the marriage unfolded:
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/best_supporting_actress_REdKcnpi4xPjBFGO4Yjp4M/0

Tesla
07-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Holy crap! If even a fraction of that is true,:yikes:

skatingfan5
07-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Andrew Morton, who wrote an unauthorized biography of Cruise, on the influence of Scientology on how the marriage unfolded:
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/best_supporting_actress_REdKcnpi4xPjBFGO4Yjp4M/0

Holy crap! If even a fraction of that is true,:yikes::lol: At Sofia and Scarlett :scream: for the hills when Scientology entered the picture. But :( for that nameless SeaOrg girl if she really was put on latrine duty w/ a toothbrush for questioning being "set up" with Tom.

AliasJohnDoe
07-03-2012, 09:02 PM

PeterG is John Travolta. :D

Sparks
07-03-2012, 09:06 PM
PeterG is John Travolta. :D

Ummm, no. Peter can't fly a plane.

skatingfan5
07-03-2012, 09:07 PM
PeterG is John Travolta. :D:lol: If that's true, maybe he can explain wtf he was thinking about deciding to make Battlefield Earth!@#$%!*@! :yikes: :scream: