PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Really
07-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Rock of Ages... we'll see. It's made back a little over half its budget so far.That's too bad, because it's just plain fun, and he really can sing the part!

manleywoman
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I am impressed that he works with top people that could steal scenes from him, and are noted professionally with nominations and/or awards (Cuba Gooding Jr, Ken Watanabe).

I see that less as a sign of TC's generosity and more as a weakness of TC not being able to act as well as he should. :P

aliceanne
07-02-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm not a fan of TC movies (I've only seen Interview with a Vampire on tv), but I wouldn't not go to a movie because he is in it.

The rumors surrounding his marriages have been persistent, but Katie surely heard them all before she married him, and she was 27.

His first 2 exes seem to have moved on OK. I don't see where they were scarred by being married to him.

Buzz
07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Best of luck to them both and for the sake of their kid I hope they work things out amicably.

agalisgv
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
The final straw in Katie Holmes' decision to file for divorce was that she was convinced Tom Cruise was going to send 6-year-old Suri away to a hardcore Scientology organization known as Sea Organization ... sources connected with Katie tell TMZ.

Sea Org, as it is known, is where the highest levels of Scientology are taught and kids as young as five can be sent to live there ... without their parents -- and our sources say Tom is a big fan.

Our sources say Katie and Tom had been arguing over Suri's indoctrination into Scientology -- and we're told the Sea Org was the flashpoint.

The Sea Org has been often compared to a boot camp and several ex-Scientologists (including Oscar winner Paul Haggis) have been outspoken against its military-like conditions. The Freewinds, the massive Scientology boat that was the location of Cruise's infamous birthday party in 2004, is entirely staffed by Sea Org members.

...In the end ... we're told Katie felt the only way to save Suri from being shipped off to Sea Org was to file for divorce and seek sole legal custody.http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/02/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-suri-scientology-sea-org/

Apparently Katie is being followed by Scientologists camped outside her door now. She has fired her Scientologist publicist and returned to her previous one, and has replaced her Scientologist security team.
Along with the surprise filing in New York on Thursday, Holmes reportedly cleaned house by firing her old Cruise-imposed security detail and hiring a new publicist.

The “Dawson’s Creek” star sacked Slate PR’s Ina Teciokas in recent days and returned to her pre-Cruise publicist Leslie Sloane at BWR Public Relations, a source confirmed.

“It happened in the last week,” the source told the Daily News.

...Since filing divorce papers in New York, Holmes has been lying low with Suri while a creepy crew reportedly from the Church of Scientology has been staked outside their Manhattan apartment.

Five burly and menacing men parked outside of Holmes' Seventh Ave. building in Chelsea made no attempts to hide Sunday.

The mystery men sat inside a white Cadillac Escalade bearing Tennessee license plates with the engine idling and the AC running. All casually dressed and 40 to 50 years old, they refused to identify themselves or even roll down their windows when a reporter from The News knocked.

The men only got out of their SUV to photograph reporters interviewing neighbors in front of the building between 24th and 25th Streets.

Citing unnamed sources, TMZ.com reported Sunday that the men in the Escalade were sent by the Church of Scientology to shadow Holmes and her daughter.

Scientology officials denied the report Sunday.http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/katie-holmes-feared-tom-cruise-send-daughter-suri-intense-scientology-organization-article-1.1106324#ixzz1zVO8sM7D

julieann
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm not a Dan of TC movies (I've only seen Interview with a Vampire on tv), but I wouldn't not go to a movie because he is in it.

Man are you missing out on some great movies! The Color of Money, A Few Good Men, Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man, Minority Report, The Last Samurai, Collateral, Jerry Maguire etc etc etc.... His role as Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder alone was worth the ticket.

He was also nominated for three Oscars, seven Golden Globes (he won two) and was nominated/won for countless others. People may not like him as a person but he IS a great actor.

numbers123
07-02-2012, 11:23 PM
I think that I've seen 2 Cruise films - Top Gun (that was his right?) and Mission Impossible 1. I don't see him being a Rock Star - even the music won't draw me there. Any interview I've seen when his is on the publicity tours for his latest films - he is way, way over the top. Like he was with the famous jump off the couch professing his love interview.
I've been part of the Free Katie movement forever because I find the Scientology "religion" creepy, scary and dangerous. I hope that Katie can get Suri away from that group.

Anita18
07-03-2012, 12:18 AM
The final straw in Katie Holmes' decision to file for divorce was that she was convinced Tom Cruise was going to send 6-year-old Suri away to a hardcore Scientology organization known as Sea Organization ... sources connected with Katie tell TMZ.

Sea Org, as it is known, is where the highest levels of Scientology are taught and kids as young as five can be sent to live there ... without their parents -- and our sources say Tom is a big fan.

Our sources say Katie and Tom had been arguing over Suri's indoctrination into Scientology -- and we're told the Sea Org was the flashpoint.

The Sea Org has been often compared to a boot camp and several ex-Scientologists (including Oscar winner Paul Haggis) have been outspoken against its military-like conditions. The Freewinds, the massive Scientology boat that was the location of Cruise's infamous birthday party in 2004, is entirely staffed by Sea Org members.

...In the end ... we're told Katie felt the only way to save Suri from being shipped off to Sea Org was to file for divorce and seek sole legal custody.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/02/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-suri-scientology-sea-org/
Considering how even the public knows how Sea Org members are treated like crap (slaved to work at his own birthday party without pay), I'm surprised Tom would want to send his own daughter to be a member. I guess Katie had damn good reason to get her away from him then!

I went to downtown LA a few times recently and had to pass the main Scientology church. They have a fancy full-color display screen up as their sign, touting that they're open every day from 9am to 10pm. I noted to my bf once, "Well, I suppose that's how they keep the Sea Org kids busy!" :shuffle:

KCC
07-03-2012, 02:11 AM
She had no idea he was going to divorce her:
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/tables-turned-tom-vengeance-nicole-kidman/story?id=16682200#.T_DWzcVa59k
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22280/Tom-wanted-divorce-Nicole.html

I read an article earlier that stated that Nicole had no idea why he wanted the divorce but can't find it now in the publicity mess.

For some reason, I thought their breakup had something to do with Eyes Wide Shut, the movie where they were around lots of naked people and supposedly had sex together as part of the storyline. I don't recall anything more than that, so maybe this was just some random rumor.

michiruwater
07-03-2012, 02:22 AM
I've been meaning to see that movie for years and still haven't.

Prancer
07-03-2012, 02:38 AM
I've been meaning to see that movie for years and still haven't.

I cannot tell you how much I loathe Eyes Wide Shut. :scream:

Not sure how the movie could be related to the divorce--the movie was released in 1999; they divorced two years later.

PeterG
07-03-2012, 02:41 AM
I don't get how Valkyrie is considered a bomb.

It made over 200 million worldwide and the budget was around 75 million.

It's a bomb because somebody on FSU did not like it. And then three others agree with that person. :lol:

Rock of Ages... we'll see. It's made back a little over half its budget so far.

Yes, waiting a bit longer than two weeks after a movie opens in theatres may be a good idea. ;)

Anyone who wants to know more about Scientology is "ok" should read this interview (http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html) with L. Ron Hubbard's son.

And which religions are the "ok" religions? :confused: I'm curious to how you respond because I wanna spend five seconds googling those religions to find all kinds of sh** that religion has put people through! :)

PRlady
07-03-2012, 02:54 AM
I cannot tell you how much I loathe Eyes Wide Shut. :scream:

Not sure how the movie could be related to the divorce--the movie was released in 1999; they divorced two years later.

Apparently the filming was over-the-top intense, between Tom's crazy and Kubrick's crazy I'm not sure how Nicole survived it. And I agree with you that the film was loathesome.

BTW, the gossip mill didn't spare Nicole, either. For years it was rumored she was hermaphrodite, along the lines of one of the characters in Middlesex, and that's why they did not have biological children.

michiruwater
07-03-2012, 02:56 AM
I actually remember that rumor, now that you mention that. I was totally obsessed with Moulin Rouge by that time though and I hated the haterz :drama:

kwanfan1818
07-03-2012, 03:17 AM
It took a while for Xenu to return his call for advice.