PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

aliceanne
07-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Peter dear, #1 this is soooooooooo unlike you who is usually the life of the party.(Get up on the wrong side of the bed hmmmm?)
At the time that Tom filed for divorce from Nicole, it was common knowledge on tv and in the papers, don't know about internet, that she was supposed to receive a total of several millions(don't remember the amount) when they were married for 10 years and, surprise! Tom filed for divorce just months before the date and she didn't get the money!
Nice guy. NOT

I thought the 10 year thing had to do with CA divorce law. Something about after 10 years pre-nups can be invalidated in favor of larger property settlements. I've heard people say that when other Hollywood marriages have ended just under rhe 10 year mark.

aliceanne
07-01-2012, 11:42 PM
She has said that their relationship was normal, they married because they were madly in love and that was it, the rumors about them were crazy, etc.

Does none of that count?

I never read where she said that, but if she did it would be doubly strange that he would abruptly divorce her and she had no clue why (strange for him not her).

Alex Forrest
07-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I thought the 10 year thing had to do with CA divorce law. Something about after 10 years pre-nups can be invalidated in favor of larger property settlements. I've heard people say that when other Hollywood marriages have ended just under rhe 10 year mark.

That's correct. Which is why Kobe Bryant's wife filed for divorce when she hit the ten year mark. She's entitled to half after ten years and spousal support. That was what I think happened with Nicole.

Again with Nicole's interviews afterwards, OF COURSE she could just be 'over it' and not want to give the media more to speculate on. But her interviews that I have seen do not really appear that way. Instead of saying "Can we just move past this? I have a new life, a different life, and that's what this interview should be about". Instead she gives almost a Stepford Ex-wife answer that isn't natural sounding. And for the two kids that she and Tom adopted, I am not sure if she is even in their lives. Multiple media sources have said that she hasn't seen them in years. I don't think she's trying to protect the kids she doesn't ever see, but who knows maybe she is compassionate by proxy.

Badams
07-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Katie Holmes was engaged to Chris Klein but they broke up in 2005. She started dating Cruise a few weeks later.

I've always thought that Suri belonged to Chris Klein. :shuffle:

Wyliefan
07-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Multiple media sources can be wrong (and frequently are). The daughter said in a recent review that she does see Nicole.

Alex Forrest
07-01-2012, 11:57 PM
I've always thought that Suri belonged to Chris Klein. :shuffle:

There is speculation that Suri's biological father is TC's cousin (?), who goes by the last name Mapother. I could IMDB it, but it's easily found. Suri looks VERY much like this actor relative. Who knows but that is the speculation.

Also, I highly doubt Chris Klein is involved in this. He has been a mess for years since he and Katie broke up. A friend of mine keeps in touch with him. He has his own demons, and being the father of Suri isn't one of them.

Prancer
07-02-2012, 12:03 AM
I never read where she said that, but if she did it would be doubly strange that he would abruptly divorce her and she had no clue why (strange for him not her).

"Tom had basically swept me off my feet. I fell madly, passionately in love. I was consumed by it, willingly. And I was desperate to have a baby with him. That's what I wish I'd done. I was reeling with Tom and I loved it and I would have walked to the end of the earth."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-150337/Nicole-Kidman-I-thought-Id-work-movies-again.html#ixzz1zPj4dwNl

Nicole Kidman is putting to rest rumors that her marriage to Tom Cruise was a sham. Reuters published experts from an interview with Vanity Fair in which the Australian actress stresses that she and Cruise had a "real marriage" for almost 10 years.

Kidman told Vanity Fair contributing editor Ingrid Sischy that when she first started dating Cruise, "I was willing to give up everything ... The marriage existed because it was two people in love. It's that simple ... He basically swept me off my feet. I fell madly, passionately in love."

Kidman also added that she doesn't really care about the rumors surrounding their sexuality. "They've said I'm gay, they've said everyone is gay. I personally don't believe in doing huge lawsuits about that stuff. Tom does. That's what he wants to do, that's what he's going to do. You do not tell Tom what to do. He is a force to be reckoned with."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Kidman_Opens_Up_About_Divorce/1686423

The actress says, "He was huge; still is. To me, he was just Tom, this lovely man, but to everybody else, he is huge. But he was lovely to me. And I loved him. I still love him."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Kidman_I_Still_Love_Cruise/3499449

And so on and so on. She has also said that she has come to understand why the divorce happened, although she hasn't said why. OTOH, I haven't seen her talk about Tom in quite some time.

numbers123
07-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I was always surprised and suspicious that Suri would be Tom's child.

First there were the adoptions of Nicole and Tom's children and then am I the only one remembering rumors of Nicole having miscarriages that Tom accused her of having an affair with one of her co-stars?

Cruise might be an ok actor - I can really judge since I don't like his movies - but he is so off the wall on so many things that I can not seriously get past the up on the couch screaming and jumping up and down behavior. Even on Jay Leno last week or the week before, he was somewhat subdued, but not much.

michiruwater
07-02-2012, 12:11 AM

She had no idea he was going to divorce her:
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/tables-turned-tom-vengeance-nicole-kidman/story?id=16682200#.T_DWzcVa59k
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22280/Tom-wanted-divorce-Nicole.html

I read an article earlier that stated that Nicole had no idea why he wanted the divorce but can't find it now in the publicity mess.

PeterG
07-02-2012, 12:31 AM
At the time that Tom filed for divorce from Nicole, it was common knowledge on tv and in the papers, don't know about internet, that she was supposed to receive a total of several millions(don't remember the amount) when they were married for 10 years and, surprise! Tom filed for divorce just months before the date and she didn't get the money!
Nice guy. NOT

You're right, I remember the years of photographs of Nicole standing in line at the food bank. So sad!!! :P

I'm not sure that Kidman "left" Scientology. IIRC she was raised Catholic and never fully converted, or whatever it's called in Scientology, to Tom's beliefs. And that supposedly was one of the reasons that he dumped her, that she refused to give up Catholicism.

Potato, potatoe. ;)

Prancer
07-02-2012, 12:33 AM
First there were the adoptions of Nicole and Tom's children and then am I the only one remembering rumors of Nicole having miscarriages that Tom accused her of having an affair with one of her co-stars?

No, I remember that; Tom's only statement about the divorce (that I remember, anyway) was that Nicole knew why he had filed for divorce and that was all he had to say, but there were a lot of stories that Nicole had had a miscarriage, Tom was sure the baby wasn't his and she was willing to have the fetus tested for DNA to prove that it was.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=104800&page=1

She has also said that she had an ectopic pregnancy when they were first married, which was what led to the adoption of Isabelle.

I read an article earlier that stated that Nicole had no idea why he wanted the divorce but can't find it now in the publicity mess.

Yes, she said such things a lot in the beginning. But since she has said things like this:

Private Kidman has always refused to discuss the heartbreaking split, but opened up to the publication, even admitting she knew the marriage was in trouble before Cruise stunned Hollywood and filed for divorce--but it still came as a huge shock.

She confesses, "I knew I was going to get hit by something, but I think a divorce, and the demise of what your family is, is a little like a death in itself."

And this:

When Sischy asked Kidman why the marriage ended, the actress responded, "I'm starting to understand now. At the time, I didn't."

Sischy said she sensed Kidman would do anything to reverse the events, but the actress knew there could not be any other outcome because of her artistic needs.

"I think I had to choose," Kidman replied when Sischy said women could have both a marriage and a career. "I think (the marriage) would have come down to it. I suppose it wasn't meant to be."

PeterG
07-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Prancer, must you CONTINUALLY bring facts into the conversation??

:P

Parsley Sage
07-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Rumor mongors are picking Julianne Hough, but Blake seems just as likely to me.

Apparently Blake likes tall men that can make her laugh.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/blake-lively-im-looking-for-a-tall-guy-who-makes-me-laugh_article_66532

berthesghost
07-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Potato, potatoe. ;):lol: exactly!

One is correct English. The other a mistake made by an idiot, completely incompetent in his job. It's called the "Peter principle" :P

Southpaw
07-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Golly, I watched that video and wowzers but Tom Mapother sure is no Vatican Warlock Assassin. I mean, Charlie Sheen is batshit but at least he's kinda winning.