PDA

View Full Version : The Newsroom

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

KHenry14
07-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Another good episode last night. It raised a good point that all TV newspeople have to deal with...what do you do when the person you are interviewing is lying to your face.

I'm on the fence on the introduction of the psychaitrist. It can give added depth to Jim's charactor, but it seems a bit, been there, done that to me.

And I have to agree, the treatment of the women on the show must be improved. There's no way in heck that a person in Mac's job would be as weak as she seems.

With that said, I'm sold on the show and I can't wait for each week's episode.

pixie cut
08-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I thought last night's episode was the best so far. I loved the way they showed different people reacting to the news. The guy in the control room putting on the FDNY hat was perfect.

dramagrrl
08-07-2012, 05:38 AM
I thought last night's episode was the best so far. I loved the way they showed different people reacting to the news. The guy in the control room putting on the FDNY hat was perfect.
As a Canadian, I thought yesterday's episode was actually one of the worst so far. Far too jingoistic. Did Americans really cheer and celebrate when it was announced that Bin Laden was dead?? :confused:

Cachoo
08-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Yes---a lot of college students were out on Pennsylvania Ave much of the night cheering. I was actually surprised by that because they were so young when it happened.

pixie cut
08-07-2012, 02:15 PM
As a Canadian, I thought yesterday's episode was actually one of the worst so far. Far too jingoistic. Did Americans really cheer and celebrate when it was announced that Bin Laden was dead?? :confused:

Yes, some people cheered. Not saying that's right or wrong.

Remember, this is a show set in New York City, where the Twin Towers fell on 9/11 claiming thousands of lives. What The Newsroom showed is how many people lost someone either in the Towers or on a plane or among the first responders. There are people like the guy in the FDNY hat who carry with them every day the loss of someone they loved due to this act of terrorism. Also, as we learn when the names are read at Ground Zero every year, there were people from, I believe, over 300 countries lost on 9/11, Canada included.