PDA

View Full Version : Sightings

Morry Stillwell
06-25-2012, 07:15 PM
For those fans that have followed skating and skaters for some years;

At a competition held in Southern California this last weekend, I had the oportunity to talk with Surya Bonally and Oksana Gritchuck (my spelling sucks)

Surya is coaching in Las Vegas. Oksana is coaching in Southern California.

They both looked great. Both seemed to be happy with their current life in the US.

aftershocks
06-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks for sharing. Nice to hear that Surya is coaching in Vegas and happy living in the U.S. :)

Johnny_Fever
06-25-2012, 07:25 PM

At a competition held in Southern California this last weekend, I had the oportunity to talk with Surya Bonally and Oksana Gritchuck (my spelling sucks)

They both looked great. Both seemed to be happy with their current life in the US.Cool. Is Surya's mother still by her side? What about Oksana. Does she still look like a Marilyn Monroe wannabe?

l'etoile
06-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I once saw David Wilson in Toronto area. My cousins are living near Yong(Young?) station and we were wandering about the street, then bamn! there he was. I wanted to go over there say something to him but he seemed pretty occupied with his company, so I didn't bother.

This is like the only sighting I've had of "known people" and it was really awesome, I gotta admit:D

Johnny_Fever
06-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Sounds like you don't go out of your way to find known people. Stuck with us. We'll bring out the groupie in you. :D

Rafter
06-25-2012, 08:14 PM
I saw Tracy Wilson at Holt Renfrew in Yorkdale mall in Toronto a week ago or so. She was with a teenaged looking girl. Maybe her son's girlfriend? Tracy is tiny in person.

I also saw David Wilson a few months ago at my dentist - apparently we share the same one.

l'etoile
06-25-2012, 08:33 PM
^^ Wow that's cool! Sharing something with celebrity(well, not exactly one himself perse;))

I often imagine how coooool it would be to be a neighbor with one of those famous people. I've got a special fantasy for the entire cast of Monk and Michelle Kwan! Oh I have my groupie in me alright.:lol:

aliceanne
06-25-2012, 09:03 PM
^^ Wow that's cool! Sharing something with celebrity(well, not exactly one himself perse;))

I often imagine how coooool it would be to be a neighbor with one of those famous people. I've got a special fantasy for the entire cast of Monk and Michelle Kwan! Oh I have my groupie in me alright.:lol:

If you are in Toronto can't you swing by the Cricket Club or Granite Club, or do you have to be a member to even get in the lobby? I would think there would be plenty of club exhibitions with skating celebs.

sk8girl
06-25-2012, 09:13 PM
If you are in Toronto can't you swing by the Cricket Club or Granite Club, or do you have to be a member to even get in the lobby? I would think there would be plenty of club exhibitions with skating celebs.

You can't just walk into the Cricket Club. There's security at the door and it's members only, unless you are invited in as a guest or for a particular event or something that allows non-members. I don't know about the Granite Club.

SkateBlades17
06-29-2012, 03:12 AM

They both looked great. Both seemed to be happy with their current life in the US.

Thanks for sharing! :) Did they say anything else interesting? Have any pics?

Synchkat
06-29-2012, 03:58 AM
You can't just walk into the Cricket Club. There's security at the door and it's members only, unless you are invited in as a guest or for a particular event or something that allows non-members. I don't know about the Granite Club.

The Granite is harder to get into than the Cricket is, well at least in my experience.