PDA

View Full Version : Taunted bus monitor

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Badams
06-22-2012, 04:51 PM
This poor lady. She's 68 years old and these little douchebags taunted her to the point where she cried.
I haven't watched the video that thekids put up of the taunting on YouTube. Just the thought of it makes me sad.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/172031/37/Bus-Aide-Video-Goes-Viral-Raises-Thousands

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/172225/37/Teens-Apologize-to-Bus-Monitor-they-Bullied

Someone is Canada set up a fundraiser for her with the goal of raising $5,000 for her to go on a vacation. Last time I checked, it was already up to $489,000 :eek: She doesn't want to press charges, she feels bad that these kids are now getting death threats (yeah, death threats will teach them not to bully :rolleyes:)

http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home

manhn
06-22-2012, 04:57 PM
I have not watched the video either, just the verbal description from articles makes me so upset. I hope she goes somewhere nice.

AliasJohnDoe
06-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Could anyone imagine if that was your grandma taking that kind verbal abuse from some entitled teen?

Disgusting.

WindSpirit
06-22-2012, 05:19 PM
I haven't watched the video that thekids put up of the taunting on YouTube. Just the thought of it makes me sad. Did they? I read someone else, a bystander, filmed it and put it on the Internet and that's how the kids who were doing the taunting were caught.

BTW, I haven't watched the video, either. Just the thought of it upset me enough.

I'm glad people have collected so much money for her. It reminds me of a story from a Canon forum of a guy who bought an expensive stolen lens (not knowing it had been stolen), returned it to its righteous owner and people collected enough money to buy him a newer, more expensive version of the same lens.

skatesindreams
06-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Over $500,000 has poured in, so far.
She says that she doesn't want to retire; although, thanks to the donors, she could.

Anderson Cooper told her, during an interview last night, that Southwest Airlines had donated an all-expenses paid vacation for 10 to Disneyland!

Southpaw
06-22-2012, 05:27 PM
The village is mad as hell and they ain't gonna take it anymore. :lynch:

Badams
06-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Did they? I read someone else, a bystander, filmed it and put it on the Internet and that's how the kids who were doing the taunting were caught.

The kid who filmed it said the kids told him to film it on his phone and he gave in to peer pressure and filmed it for them. He has since apologized.

heckles
06-22-2012, 05:29 PM
This poor lady. She's 68 years old and these little douchebags taunted her to the point where she cried.

I agree that what the middle-schoolers did to this woman was terrible and I'm glad people have donated to her. That said, middle-schoolers do this to other middle-schoolers all the time, and adults tend to disregard it as a rite of passage. It's interesting that our society passes all kinds of laws to protect adults from harassment in the workplace, but so few to protect children in the schools.

skatesindreams
06-22-2012, 05:32 PM
I hope that investment experts/tax accountants will help to manage the money/donations in the way best for her.

Badams
06-22-2012, 05:34 PM
I agree that what the middle-schoolers did to this woman was terrible and I'm glad people have donated to her. That said, middle-schoolers do this to other middle-schoolers all the time, and adults tend to disregard it as a rite of passage. It's interesting that our society passes all kinds of laws to protect adults from harassment in the workplace, but so few to protect children in the schools.

I agree. This type pf thing shouldn't be simply passed off as bullying, no matter the age of the victim/perpetrator. It's harassment/assault/stalking/abuse etc...

heckles
06-22-2012, 05:40 PM
This type pf thing shouldn't be simply passed off as bullying, no matter the age of the victim/perpetrator.

I agree. From listening to the video, these little punks probably weren't newbies at this, and seemed to have reason to believe that they could behave this way with impunity. It's highly unlikely these beasts started their nonsense with an adult in authority. Did adults ever say anything when other kids were their targets? Would this story have made nationwide news if the victim was a 12-year-old girl?

Kasey
06-22-2012, 05:41 PM
It's interesting that our society passes all kinds of laws to protect adults from harassment in the workplace, but so few to protect children in the schools.

Apparently you don't know many nurses, for whom harassment and abuse in the workplace is frequently a daily thing. Kind of annoying when sick/injured folks feel that "RN" stands for "I'm a Pinata".

Sorry that this lady had to take that kind of behavior from those pukes, and glad that she'll at least be able to take a vacation from it.

genevieve
06-22-2012, 05:57 PM
I hope that investment experts/tax accountants will help to manage the money/donations in the way best for her.

Yeah....I wonder about her tax bill if she takes all that money :yikes:

It would be nice if she didn't have to go back to that job.

Aceon6
06-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Saw an interview with one of the perp's dad. He's going to put his kid into counseling. Geez. How about having the little perp spend his summer making amends.

jamesy
06-22-2012, 06:18 PM
I watched the video earlier in the week and it really is quite sad. I'm glad for all the support she is getting, not just monetary. (Though the amount is :eek:; in a good way, though!)

In the comments section of one of the articles I read, some people were floating the idea of having the kids do work for her as punishment. I guess they didn't watch the video where the kids try to to get her to reveal where she lived so they could come over and do disgusting things. Even if they were now sorry, I wouldn't want those kids knowing were she lived. :scream: