PDA

View Full Version : The YES, I actually got it done! (thread)

Pages : 1 [2]

my little pony
07-01-2012, 08:59 PM
today i took a disposable camera to get the pics developed, i couldnt remember what was on it

spokane nats!

Aussie Willy
07-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Cleaned up my dining table that I use for an office. At least it is now neat and organised.

Alex Forrest
07-01-2012, 11:53 PM
After three letters from the IRS I am finally getting my 2010 tax return to the CPA tomorrow. They owe me money, so I was never worried, but when I got the third letter and they said they would tell me how much tax I owed, I figured I'd give them a call and tell them that they will be seeing my 2010 return soon. Next it's 2011 taxes which I'm probably owed too.

Nomad
07-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Despite the ubearable heat and humidity (at 7 pm) I gave my kitchen a long overdue cleaning. Floor, stove, everything. Am now rewarding myself with a glass of Pinot Grigio and an album by Mercedes Simone (a tango singer of the "Golden Age" whom I adore).

KCC
07-02-2012, 03:13 AM
I finished digitizing thousands of our family slides. It took me an entire year to review and digitize them, then sort and copy them for my siblings. Some priceless pics from the 1960's and 1970's. Great walk down memory lane, but very tedious!

This was a project that I promised to do for my brother who passed away 3 years ago. He always wanted to do it, but I agreed to pick it up for him when he got sick. Just wish he was around to enjoy them, too.

Karina1974
07-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Finally decided to get with the times and get a smart phone. :cheer: I have a a Samsung Galaxy S II Epic on reserve at the local Sprint store, and I will be picking it up on Tuesday after work.*

*After I have that discussion with my landlord about next year's rent on my apartment tomorrow, as my lease is up on July 31.

nubka
07-02-2012, 05:02 AM
I've finished painting most of my bedroom, then it's on to the living room/dining room/kitchen - ugh.

Bostonfan
07-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I finished digitizing thousands of our family slides. It took me an entire year to review and digitize them, then sort and copy them for my siblings. Some priceless pics from the 1960's and 1970's. Great walk down memory lane, but very tedious!

This was a project that I promised to do for my brother who passed away 3 years ago. He always wanted to do it, but I agreed to pick it up for him when he got sick. Just wish he was around to enjoy them, too.

Wow! That's something that been on my list for a long time. How did you do it? Did you buy a scanner or use a service that converts them for you?

KCC
07-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Wow! That's something that been on my list for a long time. How did you do it? Did you buy a scanner or use a service that converts them for you?

I bought an inexpensive scanner ($100 or so). I did not general scan scenery photos - just people, our farm and our pets, so thay cut the chore by half. Tried to fix some of the damaged slides, but that was almost impossible without going to a restoration professional, so we have what we have. It just took a lot of time, but it was definitely worth every second. At least the photos will be enjoyed by lots of people and they won't continue to decay. The '70's were not kind to any of us, but we were all cute in the '60's!

I printed a bunch of the old photos for my mom and made them into Christmas-like ornaments for a "family tree" in her senior apartment. She liked it so much that the tree is still up and is a conversation piece when she has visitors.