PDA

View Full Version : USA Track and Field Trials - June 21st - 25th, June 28th - July 1st

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Lara
07-02-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm glad Tarmoh is apparently going to London regardless on the relay. And yeah, the coin toss idea was ridiculous.

FiveRinger
07-02-2012, 03:28 AM
I hope they broadcast this.....I need to see this live and up close! I've been a fan of Allyson Felix's for years and I want whatever she thinks she needs to win gold in 200m in London.....I don't think either of these girls has a chance in hell of medaling in this event in London, and it's a lot to put these girls thru. I just them to get it resolved quickly so that they can move on and train for the events that they know that they'll be doing in London. Either way, both will be on the 4x100 relay team.

judgejudy27
07-02-2012, 06:12 AM
I want to see the amazing Felix win 3 golds in London, in the 4 x 100 relay, 200 metres, and 4 x 400 relay. I do think she has potential to be World Champion at each of the 100, 200, 400 distances by the time her career is over. She is a special talent, although I agree she has no real chance in the individual 100 this year.

allezfred
07-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Felix is a great runner, but I don't think the 100m is her event and it would have to be a very weak field for her to become Olympic/World champion at the distance.

skatesindreams
07-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I hope they broadcast this.....I need to see this live and up close!

NBC will broadcast this, during the coverage of the Swimming Trials at 8 PM EDT tonight.

SpeedySucks
07-02-2012, 04:59 PM
The drama continues--Tarmoh is now saying she doesn't want to do the runoff and feels that she was bullied into choosing the runoff option by USATF:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/blog=the-rundown/post/is-jeneba-tarmoh-waffling-at-participation-in-trials-run-off.html

It's also possible that she may concede the spot to Felix before tonight:

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/trackandfield/story/_/id/8122470/olympics-2012-jeneba-tarmoh-ready-concede-100m-spot-agent-says

I feel really badly for Tarmoh--USATF completely screwed this up, and I'm sure there has been a lot of pressure on her by outside forces to give up the spot because Felix will bring greater media attention.

Tesla
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Tarmoh not doing 100 runoff Monday (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-tarmoh-may-reconsider-093323586--oly.html;_ylt=ArSeCSJwj3X1WDolW0eJ3O05nYcB)

SpeedySucks
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
What a cluster. I have a feeling a lawsuit is going to be coming soon...

barbk
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
She's starting to look like a crybaby.

How many swimmers at the Olympic trials have done swim-offs this week? And she's complaining about a 100 m. run off?

Sure, it was wrong that her name was displayed in third. That doesn't make it any more fair to arbitrarily give Tarmoh the victory if the photographic evidence clearly shows a dead heat.

I'm really not following her issue. Sure, it sucks that she didn't clearly come in third, but that's reality.

Skittl1321
07-02-2012, 06:35 PM
How many swimmers at the Olympic trials have done swim-offs this week? And she's complaining about a 100 m. run off?

Have there been swim offs?

Either way- from what I can tell, that is the standard documented procedure for a tie in swimming. It is a huge issue that there wasn't one for track. The athletes weren't prepared for it- it isn't a possibility of the training regime that they might have to run again (although it will be now...)

I don't know what she expects them to do, as a run off is the clear way to solve it (or tie goes to the higher world ranking, or something like that). But I can understand being pissed, and feeling bullied, about having to do something that isn't documented as part of the rules.

barbk
07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Have there been swim offs?

Either way- from what I can tell, that is the standard documented procedure for a tie in swimming. It is a huge issue that there wasn't one for track. The athletes weren't prepared for it- it isn't a possibility of the training regime that they might have to run again (although it will be now...)

I don't know what she expects them to do, as a run off is the clear way to solve it (or tie goes to the higher world ranking, or something like that). But I can understand being pissed, and feeling bullied, about having to do something that isn't documented as part of the rules.

I think at least three swim-offs this olympic trials.

I'm struggling to understand why it is so difficult for her to run one more 100 m. race. This just isn't the kind of mental toughness I'd expect from an Olympic-bound athlete.

Are their training regimens that limited?

Tesla
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I think at least three swim-offs this olympic trials.

I'm struggling to understand why it is so difficult for her to run one more 100 m. race. This just isn't the kind of mental toughness I'd expect from an Olympic-bound athlete.

Are their training regimens that limited?

Esp. since time won't really matter. They could walk the 100 meters. :lol:

Tesla
07-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Tarmoh gives up Olympic spot in 100 to Felix (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-tarmoh-may-reconsider-093323586--oly.html)

I really don't get this. Felix probably would've beaten her but at least give it a shot! I wonder if she'll even be on the relay.

Bryan
07-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Tarmoh gives up Olympic spot in 100 to Felix (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-tarmoh-may-reconsider-093323586--oly.html)

I really don't get this. Felix probably would've beaten her but at least give it a shot! I wonder if she'll even be on the relay.

Yeah, the situation all around is pretty awkward for everyone, and I feel bad for Tarmoh, but don't just give up! If anything, Felix should have stepped aside since she's already going to London in the 200. Spread the wealth.

Tesla
07-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah, the situation all around is pretty awkward for everyone, and I feel bad for Tarmoh, but don't just give up! If anything, Felix should have stepped aside since she's already going to London in the 200. Spread the wealth.

Neither should've conceded. Tarmoh should've fought for that spot, even if she lost. Instead she quit because I don't know why. She never really gave a good reason for why she didn't want to to the run-off.