PDA

View Full Version : JGP US Ladies 12-13

Pages : [1] 2 3

haribobo
06-21-2012, 12:12 PM
What an incredibly deep and talented field of ladies this year! Who should get the first 8 spots on the JGP? Multiple choice allowed.

sk8ingcoach
06-21-2012, 02:14 PM
ANGELA WANG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

demetriosj
06-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Definitely Angela! She should have been sent to Junior Worlds. USFS should be promoting her much more than they are.....

When will initial JGP spots be determined/announced?

Vash01
06-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I will join the Angela Wang club too. I was so impressed with her at last year's US nationals (senior)!

I was able to pick only 6 skaters from the list; I am not that familiar with some of the others.

query5
06-21-2012, 05:39 PM
i think vaness, angela, hannah, barbie, mariah, ashley went to nationals and placed in top 5 juniors and top 9 seniors.

the others nina, leah, courtney, samantha kinda of torn.

nina and leah yes, went to nationals.

courtney and samantha but didn't go due to injury so i think should be added latter or show in summer competition-not sure

but those are my 9 picks--sorry.

Sylvia
06-21-2012, 05:53 PM
For those interested, a current discussion of prospective U.S. JGP ladies is taking place here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3599952#post3599952

There's also this thread for all 4 disciplines: 2012-13 U.S. JGP Assignment Predictions/Speculation/Discussion (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83809)

Jenna
06-21-2012, 06:14 PM
I tried to balance out Nationals results with summer performance as much as possible.

1. Angela Wang - her FS at US Nationals was outstanding. She is ready for this assignment.

2. Vanessa Lam - a competent skater who qualified for the JGPF last year.

3. Leah Keiser - Struggled at US Nationals but performed extremely well at the All Year FSC competition, landing a 3Lz+3T and five other triples.

4. Ashley Cain - Has prior experience and skated very well in San Jose to take 2nd in the junior ladies division.

5. Hannah Miller - skated very well on the JGP last season and placed 3rd in the junior ladies division at US Nationals.

6. Barbie Long - Placed 4th in junior ladies at US Nationals and skated an exceptional FS at the Broadmoor Open showcasing a 3Lz+3T and five other triples.

7. Mariah Bell - Placed 5th in junior ladies at US Nationals.

8. Polina Edmunds - Placed 6th in junior ladies at US Nationals but landed a total of 8 triples in her stunning Broadmoor Open free skate featuring two 3-3 combinations.

Courtney Hicks & Samantha Cesario - talented ladies who did very well on the JGP last season but were forced to miss Nationals due to injury. They are both a question mark at this point and I need to see some more summer results before I would assign them.

Nina Jiang - Stuggled in the FS at US Nationals and had an unimpressive summer debut. I need to see some more summer results before I would assign her.

Kiri Baga - Skated well at US Nationals, but she simply does not have the technical firepower at this point for me to assign her.

Yasmin Siraj - Blew it! Skated poorly in her one and only JGP last fall and skated poorly at US Nationals, too. She does not warrant an assignment, IMO, unless her summer results are stellar.

McKinzie Daniels - She is the least talented of all the ladies listed, IMO. And then there's her bombing last year...

flipforsynchro
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Vanessa's jumps are like five inches off the ice. I wonder how she will fare once she grows

pinky166
06-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Vanessa's jumps are like five inches off the ice. I wonder how she will fare once she grows

Vanessa is 17 and has been the same size for around 3 years. She probably won't grow more at this point. She's half Malaysian so her short/small stature is not surprising given that.

After the Broadmoor Open results, I'd sent Edmunds before Bell, the difference in their scores at Nationals was only 1 place and around 2 points, and Polina had an uncharacteristically poor FS there. They should probably both get initial assignments though, unless someone farther down the list has exceptional summer competition results.

Hicks and Cesario definitely need to compete and compete well this summer in order to warrant a JGP invite, just because it's been a while since either competed and their respective injuries were pretty serious, so if they aren't fully ready, no need to send them out in place of another lady who is in top form.

I know Cain was 2nd at Nationals so she'll pretty much be assigned regardless, but I hope she has strong summer competition results to back it up because her FS at Nationals sort of seemed like a fluke skate of her life based on how she skated the rest of last season. And further, if she places 6th at her 1st event, PLEASE USFS, don't reassign her (or anybody who places 6th for that matter) to a second event, unless everyone sent out is placing around 6th and no one without an event is skating particularly well (her reassignment last fall was a serious flaw in judgement, IMO, with Gracie, Leah, and Polina all without an assignment and skating well...).

The way I see it, the send list:

Angela Wang
Vanessa Lam
Hannah Miller
Barbie Long
Leah Keiser
Polina Edmunds

The watch for good summer results to send list:

Ashley Cain
Mariah Bell
Nina Jiang
Courtney Hicks
(Samantha Cesario)
(Kiri Baga)

The watch for exceptional summer results to send list:

McKinzie Daniels
(Yasmin Siraj)

* names in parenthesis represent skaters who I am uncertain about in regards to if they even want to be considered for JGP assignments, Cesario is older and starting college, Kiri is now skating pairs and has already done a lot of JGPs, and Yasmin turned down her 2nd assignment offer last season to focus on Nationals and could have the same mindset this season.

query5
06-22-2012, 04:44 PM
i forgot to all polina edmunds she finished 6th at junior nationals.

the way i stated it the top 8 would be, vaness, angela, kiri baga, 8th , 9th , 10th at
senior nationals, than 2-6 at junior nationals. ashley, hannah, barbie, mariah, polina.

it is a deep field , any of those skaters would do well in jp events.

but leah, samantha, courtney, nina would do just as well.

used2skate
06-23-2012, 02:27 AM
Vanessa has done great with International judges on the JGP. I hear her new programs are much more expressive. She will debut them in Escondido in a couple weeks.

AliasJohnDoe
06-23-2012, 04:55 AM
My preference in order:
1.Wang :swoon:
2.Keiser
3.Baga :swoon:
4.Hicks
5.Jiang :swoon:
6.Long
7.Cain
8.Siraj

chipso1
06-23-2012, 05:59 AM
1. Angela Wang
2. Leah Keiser
3. Courtney Hicks
4. Ashley Cain
5. Hannah Miller
6. Barbie Long
7. Nina Jiang
8. Polina Edmunds

Baga might sneak up in there too, but now that she's making a run at pairs, who knows.

pinky166
06-24-2012, 03:55 AM
Polina Edmunds just scored 170.06 :eek: at the junior ladies event at Broadmoor Open...that better be enough to get an early assignment!

haribobo
06-24-2012, 03:31 PM
After some thought, I think it would be good if skaters who either A) finished top 10 in Senior at Nationals, B) earned a medal as a Junior at Nationals, or C) scored over 150 at a summer competition, were given assignments first. That would mean: Miller, Edmunds, Keiser, Wang, Long, Cain, Lam, and Baga. Jiang, Bell, and Daniels would be after that, unless they can score over 150 this summer.

Hicks, Cesario, and Siraj already skate like seniors, and the latter 2 have done several JGP seasons. Send them to Nebelhorn, Finlandia, etc. and try to get them on the GP series as an alternate. Cesario is 28 on the SB list and Hicks is 31. Incidentally, Lam is 26th, so she would be able to likely snag a GP spot also. Siraj is 57th, so she'd have a tougher time getting on GP.

Here's where they'd fit on the GP alternate list (from Sylvia's list on other thread- listed in order of ISU SB score ranking)

8 Alissa Czisny USA
11 Mirai Nagasu USA
14 Kiira Korpi FIN
15 Sofia Biryukova RUS
17 Polina Korobeynikova RUS
18 Kexin Zhang CHN
19 Polina Shelepen RUS
24 Zijun Li CHN
(insert Lam and Cesario here)
30 Christina Gao USA
(insert Hicks here)