PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Sale Married!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

milanessa
06-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I find it a tad curious that a lot of the people who now look harshly on Jamie Sale's morals are the same people who offer hearty 'congratulations' whenever a baby 'created' out-of-wedlock pops out.

What's wrong with having a baby out of wedlock? If either of the parents are married to someone else I'd think differently but don't see a problem if both are "free".

allezfred
06-24-2012, 08:58 PM
I find it a tad curious that a lot of the people who now look harshly on Jamie Sale's morals are the same people who offer hearty 'congratulations' whenever a baby 'created' out-of-wedlock pops out.

Wow, you just brought yourself to a whole new level of twattery with that statement. :rolleyes:

*Jen*
06-24-2012, 11:58 PM

Whoa, time warp! When did we turn back to 1952? :eek:

Japanfan
06-25-2012, 04:19 AM
But she didn't say anything about getting happiness.

She said:

If you aren't happy in your marriage, either work at making it better or leave.

Happiness does appear to be the goal in the statement.

TheIronLady
06-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Wasn't David Pelletier married when Jamie hooked up with him?

In the end Jamie, David and Craig all got what they deserved: marriage to serial cheaters. None had any concern for the ex-spouses and/or children left in their wake.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie's time with Craig is as brief as her first marriage was. Let's hope they don't reproduce and compound the damage.

Why make such universal pronouncements about others' personal lives? Yes, as The Iron Lady, I agree that families should stay together. When you have children (of any age) and a spouse, to run off to a new marriage and break up your family is a bad idea. However, many second marriages turn out to be strong and thus good for the children.

If you want to gossip about impulsive home wreckers, we should start a thread about Navka.

AndyWarhol
06-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Why make such universal pronouncements about others' personal lives? Yes, as The Iron Lady, I agree that families should stay together. When you have children (of any age) and a spouse, to run off to a new marriage and break up your family is a bad idea. However, many second marriages turn out to be strong and thus good for the children.

If you want to gossip about impulsive home wreckers, we should start a thread about Navka.

:hat1:

UMBS Go Blue
06-25-2012, 08:15 AM
So, just curious...

...in David Pelletier's case, if I remember correctly, he was "separated" from his first wife when he started hooking up with Jamie, but not technically/finally divorced yet. Does it count as adultery for legal purposes or leverage in divorce proceedings (i.e. custody, alimony, division of commingled assets, etc.) if a spouse hooks up with somebody else when the marriage is already "separated" but not yet technically/finally divorced?

Japanfan
06-25-2012, 09:14 AM
...in David Pelletier's case, if I remember correctly, he was "separated" from his first wife when he started hooking up with Jamie, but not technically/finally divorced yet. Does it count as adultery for legal purposes or leverage in divorce proceedings (i.e. custody, alimony, division of commingled assets, etc.) if a spouse hooks up with somebody else when the marriage is already "separated" but not yet technically/finally divorced?

I would think so, providing the couple is not legally separated.

Prancer
06-25-2012, 02:30 PM

Not really. Happiness is elusive and inconstant, and therefore is something of an unrealistic goal. I do think, however, that it is quite possible to avoid being unhappy all the time.

So, just curious...

Laws vary, but where I live, adultery is rarely used as grounds for divorce to begin with and means nothing in terms of custody, alimony or division of assets. Decisions about such matters are not intended to serve as some sort of punishment for a cheating spouse.

MacMadame
06-25-2012, 04:18 PM
She said:

I noticed you left off the most important part... To do otherwise gets messy. The goal was clearly to avoid mess not raise happiness.

Iceman
06-25-2012, 04:28 PM
What's wrong with having a baby out of wedlock? If either of the parents are married to someone else I'd think differently but don't see a problem if both are "free".

One reason is that it can create legal problems (inheritance, etc) for the child and the mother.

milanessa
06-25-2012, 04:38 PM
One reason is that it can create legal problems (inheritance, etc) for the child and the mother.

Except that we aren't talking about legalities. Frau Muller made it very clear she was talking about morals.

antmanb
06-25-2012, 04:44 PM

:confused: what inheritance problems would either the child or the mother have if ht emother isn't married to the father of the child?

Bev Johnston
06-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Here they were together back in February as "celebrity chefs": http://momentsindigital.com/blog/delux-burger-celebrity-chefs-jamie-sale-craig-simpson/

Completely off topic, but that's not a burger. It's a chicken sandwich. :lol:

milanessa
06-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Completely off topic, but that's not a burger. It's a chicken sandwich. :lol:

5 cutesie pics of Jamie mouthing (teething?) a french fry is a bit much.